The Identification of Online Strategy Learning Results While Students Learn from Home During the Disruption of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Indonesia
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 1950-1956
AbstractThis study aimed to identify a strategic learning approach to support student learning development from home, resulting from school closures policy due to the disruption of the COVID-19. Many studies have shown that learning success at home during a pandemic is closely related to students' learning outcome orientation strategies. To understand what approach can support this learning, we have reviewed various related literature. After the review completed, in-depth analysis and interpretation were with a descriptive design on pedagogical competence, motivation, materials, methods, and evaluation of success. Connected with teaching experiences, theories, and student learning realities from home so far, finally, we can identify efforts to develop strategic designs to support student learning from home as follows: 1) learning mindset and ownership, 2) situational awareness, 3) vision and learning innovation, 4) collaborative learning, 5) critical thinking skills, 6, 7) high commitment, 8) new learning skills, 9) knowledge resources, 10) independent learning management, 11) academic competency innovation, and 12) learning balance. These findings are valid and reliable because they have answered the research question. Therefore, these findings can serve as a relevant solution to support students learning from home while waiting for schools to reopen.
- Bakia, M., Shear, L., Toyama, Y., & Lasseter, A. (2012). Understanding the Implications of Online Learning for Educational Productivity. Office of Educational Technology, US Department of Education.
- Basilaia, G., & Kvavadze, D. (2020). Transition to online education in schools during a SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in Georgia. Pedagogical Research, 5(4), 1–9
- Brammer, S., & Clark, T. (2020). COVID-19 and Management Education: Reflections on Challenges, Opportunities, and Potential Futures. British Journal of Management, 31(3), 453–456. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8551.12425
- Chick, R.C., Clifton, G.T., Peace, K.M., Propper, B.W., Hale, D.F., Alseidi, A.A., & Vreeland, T.J. (2020). Using Technology to Maintain the Education of Residents during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Journal of Surgical Education, 77(4), 729–732. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsurg.2020.03.018
- Creswell, J.W., & Poth, C.N. (2016). Qualitative inquiry and research design: Choosing among five approaches. Sage publications.
- Favale, T., Soro, F., Trevisan, M., Drago, I., & Mellia, M. (2020). Campus Traffic and e-Learning during COVID-19 Pandemic. Computer Networks, 176, 107290. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2020.107290
- Ferdig, R.E., Baumgartner, E., Hartshorne, R., Kaplan-Rakowski, R., & Mouza, C. (2020). Teaching, Technology, and Teacher Education during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Stories from the Field. Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). https://www.learntechlib.org/p/216903/
- Fossey, E., Harvey, C., McDermott, F., & Davidson, L. (2002). Understanding and evaluating qualitative research. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 36(6), 717-732.
- Garbe, A., Ogurlu, U., Logan, N., & Cook, P. (2020). Parents’ Experiences with Remote Education during COVID-19 School Closures. American Journal of Qualitative Research, 4(3), 45–65. https://doi.org/10.29333/ajqr/8471
- Iivari, N., Sharma, S., & Ventä-Olkkonen, L. (2020). Digital transformation of everyday life–How COVID-19 pandemic transformed the basic education of the young generation and why information management research should care? International Journal of Information Management, 55, 102183. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2020.102183
- Khan, N., & Naushad, M. (2020). Effects of Corona Virus on the World Community (SSRN Scholarly Paper ID 3532001). Social Science Research Network. https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3532001
- Lancker, W.V., & Parolin, Z. (2020). COVID-19, school closures, and child poverty: A social crisis in the making. The Lancet Public Health, 5(5), e243–e244. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2468-2667(20)30084-0
- Powers, J.J., & Duys, D. (2020). Toward Trauma-Informed Career Counseling. The Career Development Quarterly, 68(2), 173–185. https://doi.org/10.1002/cdq.12221
- Purwanto, A., Asbari, M., Fahlevi, M., Mufid, A., Agistiawati, E., Cahyono, Y., & Suryani, P. (2020). Impact of Work From Home (WFH) on Indonesian Teachers Performance During the Covid-19 Pandemic: An Exploratory Study. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 29(5), 6235–6244.
- Putra, P., Liriwati, F.Y., Tahrim, T., Syafrudin, S., & Aslan, A. (2020). The Students Learning from Home Experiences during Covid-19 School Closures Policy In Indonesia. Jurnal Iqra’ : Kajian Ilmu Pendidikan, 5(2), 30–42. https://doi.org/10.25217/ji.v5i2.1019
- Rahiem, M.D.H. (2020). The Emergency Remote Learning Experience of University Students in Indonesia amidst the COVID-19 Crisis. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research, 19(6), 1-26. http://ijlter.org/index.php/ijlter/article/view/2368
- Aliyyah, R.R., Rachmadtullah, R., Samsudin, A., Syaodih, E., Nurtanto, M., & Tambunan, A.R.S. (2020). The perceptions of primary school teachers of online learning during the COVID-19 pandemic period: A case study in Indonesia. Journal of Ethnic and Cultural Studies, 7(2), 90-109. https://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED606349
- Reimers, F., Schleicher, A., Saavedra, J., & Tuominen, S. (2020). Supporting the continuation of teaching and learning during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Oecd, 1(1), 1-38.
- Sanders, A.J.P., Ford, R.M., Keenan, R.J., & Larson, A.M. (2020). Learning through practice? Learning from the REDD+ demonstration project, Kalimantan Forests and Climate Partnership (KFCP) in Indonesia. Land Use Policy, 91, 104285. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2019.104285
- Stedman, M., Davies, M., Lunt, M., Verma, A., Anderson, S.G., & Heald, A.H. (2020). A phased approach to unlocking during the COVID-19 pandemic—Lessons from trend analysis. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 74(8), e13528. https://doi.org/10.1111/ijcp.13528
- Viner, R.M., Russell, S.J., Croker, H., Packer, J., Ward, J., Stansfield, C., Mytton, O., Bonell, C., & Booy, R. (2020). School closure and management practices during coronavirus outbreaks including COVID-19: A rapid systematic review. The Lancet Child & Adolescent Health, 4(5), 397–404.
- Wang, C., Cheng, Z., Yue, X.G., & McAleer, M. (2020). Risk Management of COVID-19 by Universities in China. Journal of Risk and Financial Management, 13(2), 1–6.
- Wargadinata, W., Maimunah, I., Dewi, E., & Rofiq, Z. (2020). Student’s Responses on Learning in the Early COVID-19 Pandemic. Tadris: Jurnal Keguruan Dan Ilmu Tarbiyah, 5(1), 141–153.
- Zhang, Y., & Ma, Z.F. (2020). Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on mental health and quality of life among local residents in Liaoning Province, China: A cross-sectional study. International journal of environmental research and public health, 17(7), 2381. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17072381
- Zhou, L., Wu, S., Zhou, M., & Li, F. (2020). 'School’s Out, But Class’ On’, The Largest Online Education in the World Today: Taking China’s Practical Exploration During The COVID-19 Epidemic Prevention and Control As an Example (SSRN Scholarly Paper ID 3555520). Social Science Research Network, 4(2), 501-519. https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3555520
- Article View: 1,128
- PDF Download: 1,247