Financial Risk Management Via Evaluating Impacts of a Six Factor Model on LAF Stock Price – A Case in Export Processing Industry in Vietnam
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 1944-1949
AbstractBetter management of listed firms will help them to attract more FDI investment capitals. There are many factors affecting business management including financial risk management.
This papers mainly uses quantitative analysis with OLS model, and qualitative analysis including synthesis, inductive and analytical methods.
OLS regression give us results that, in a 6 factors model, LAF stock price decrease are much affected by increase in CPI and lending rate with a significant effect, then increasing the exchange rate.
From that, we can have policy and management implications.
The limitation of research is that we can expand model for other industries and markets.
- Ahmad, N., & Ramzan, M. (2016). Stock Market Volatility and Macroeconomic Factor Volatility, International Journal of Research in Business Studies and Management, 3(7), 37-44.
- Gunarathna, V. (2016). How does financial leverage affect financial risk? An empirical study in Sri Lanka. Amity Journal of Finance, 1(1), 57-66.
- Gunaratha, V. (2013). The Degree of Financial Leverage as a Determinant of Financial Risk: An Empirical Study of Colombo Stock Exchange in Sri Lanka. In 2nd International Conference on Management and Economics Paper.
- Huy, D.T. (2012). Estimating Beta of Viet Nam listed construction companies groups during the crisis. Journal of Integration and Development, 15(1), 57-71.
- Huy, D.T.N., Loan, B.T.T., & Pham, T.A. (2020). Impact of selected factors on stock price: a case study of Vietcombank in Vietnam. Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, 7(4), 2715-2730. https://doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2020.7.4(10)
- Huy, D.T.N., Dat, P.M., và Anh, P.T. (2020). 'Building and econometric model of selected factors’ impact on stock price: a case study'. Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues, 9(M), 77-93. https://doi.org/10.9770/jssi.2020.9.M(7)
- Huy, D.T.N., Nhan, V.K., Bich, N.T.N., Hong, N.T.P., Chung, N.T., & Huy, P.Q. (2021). Impacts of Internal and External Macroeconomic Factors on Firm Stock Price in an Expansion Econometric model—A Case in Vietnam Real Estate Industry. In Data Science for Financial Econometrics, 189-205. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-48853-6_14
- Chittedi, K.R. (2015). Macroeconomic variables impact on stock prices in a BRIC stock markets: an empirical analysis. Journal of Stock & Forex Trading, 4(2), 1-7.
- Kulathunga, KMMCB. (2015). Macroeconomic factors and stock market development: With special reference to Colombo Stock Exchange. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 5(8), 1-7.
- Ihsan, H., Ahmad, E., Muhamad, I.H., & Sadia, H. (2015). International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 5(8).
- Jarrah, M.T., & Salim, N. (2016). The impact of macroeconomic factors on Saudi stock market (Tadawul) Prices. In Int'l Conf. on Advances in Big Data Analytics.
- Luthra, M., & Mahajan, S. (2014). Impact of Macro factors on BSE Bankex. International journal of current research and academic review, 2(2), 179-186.
- Ndlovu, B., Faisa, F., Resatoglu, N.G., & Türsoy, T. (2018). The Impact Macroeconomic Variables on Stock Returns: A Case of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. Romanian Statistical Review, 2, 87-104.
- Pan, Q., & Pan, M. (2014). The Impact of Macro Factors on the Profitability of China’s Commercial Banks in the Decade after WTO Accession. Open Journal of Social Sciences, 2, 64-69.
- Quy, V.T., & Loi, D.T.N. (2016). Macroeconomic factors and Stock Price – A Case of Real Estate Stocks on Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange. Journal of Science Ho Chi Minh City Open University, 2(18), 63-75.
- Saeed, S., & Akhter, N. (2012). Impact of macroeconomic factors on banking index in Pakistan. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 4(6), 1200-1218.
- Article View: 189
- PDF Download: 123