Exploring The Nexus Among Green Supply Chain Management, Environmental Management, And Sustainable Performance: The Mediating Role Of Environmental Management
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 1910-1921
AbstractThe main objective of the current study is to investigate the direct relationship between the green supply chain management, environmental management, and sustainable performance. In addition to that the study has also examined the mediating role of environmental management. The manufacturing firms listed in PSX are chosen as a sample of the study. The study has employed the survey based methodology and the data were collected with the aid of a questionnaire. The response rate after omitting unusable questionnaires is 59.6%. For the data analysis, the study has chosen, SEM-PLS, which is one of the most robust technique for the data analysis. The findings of the study have shown agreement with the hypothesized results. The response rate after omitting unusable questionnaires is 59.6%. The researchers highlighted the presence of two different mediation impacts between the internal and external GSCM activities or both are the mediators of these associations. The scholars highlighted the presence of two different mediation impacts between internal and external GSCM practices and organizational economic performance enhancement. The study will be helpful for practioners, and policymakers in understanding the issues related to green supply chain management, environmental management, and sustainable performance.
- Akter, S., Fosso Wamba, S., & Dewan, S. (2017). Why PLS-SEM is suitable for complex modelling? An empirical illustration in big data analytics quality. Production Planning & Control, 28(11-12), 1011-1021.
- Alomari, M., & Ibraheem, A. (2019). Environmental Performance Measurement Review of Indicators and Obstacles. International Journal of Financial Management, 9(3).
- Asamoah, D., Owusu, B., & Baidoo, F. K. (2020). Inter-organizational systems use and supply chain performance: Mediating role of supply chain management capabilities. International journal of information management, 102195.
- Awan, U. (2019). Impact of social supply chain practices on social sustainability performance in manufacturing firms. International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development, 13(2), 198-219.
- Bai, C., & Sarkis, J. (2019). Green supplier development: a review and analysis Handbook on the Sustainable Supply Chain: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bon, A. T., Zaid, A. A., & Jaaron, A. (2018). Green human resource management, Green supply chain management practices and Sustainable performance. Paper presented at the 8th International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM),(Bandung, Indonesia) March.
- Basheer, M., Siam, M., Awn, A., & Hassan, S. (2019). Exploring the role of TQM and supply chain practices for firm supply performance in the presence of information technology capabilities and supply chain technology adoption: A case of textile firms in Pakistan. Uncertain Supply Chain Management, 7(2), 275-288.
- Basheer, M. F., Hafeez, M. H., Hassan, S. G., & Haroon, U. (2018). Exploring the role of TQM and supply chain practices for firm supply performance in the presence of organizational learning capabilities: a case of textile firms in Pakistan. Paradigms, 12(2), 172-178.
- Corbière, F., Rowe, F., & Saunders, C. S. (2019). Digitalizing interorganizational relationships: Sequential and intertwined decisions for data synchronization. International journal of information management, 48, 203-217.
- Dai, J., Cantor, D. E., & Montabon, F. L. (2017). Examining corporate environmental proactivity and operational performance: A strategy-structure-capabilities-performance perspective within a green context. International Journal of Production Economics, 193, 272-280.
- Dubey, R., Gunasekaran, A., & Childe, S. J. (2019). Big data analytics and organizational culture as complements to swift trust and collaborative performance in the humanitarian supply chain. International Journal of Production Economics, 210, 120-136.
- Feng, M., Wang, X., & Wong, C. Y. (2018). Green supply chain management and financial performance: The mediating roles of operational and environmental performance. Business Strategy and the Environment, 27(7), 811-824.
- Green, B. (2019). Exploring Strategies Sustainability Managers Need to Establish Environmental Initiatives within Domestic Petroleum Companies. Colorado Technical University.
- Hair, Hult, G. T. M., & Ringle, C. (2016). A primer on partial least squares structural equation modeling (PLS-SEM): Sage publications.
- Hair, Matthews, L. M., Matthews, R. L., & Sarstedt, M. (2017). PLS-SEM or CB-SEM: updated guidelines on which method to use. International Journal of Multivariate Data Analysis, 1(2), 107-123.
- Hameed, W. U., Basheer, M. F., Iqbal, J., Anwar, A., & Ahmad, H. K. (2018). Determinants of Firm’s open innovation performance and the role of R & D department: an empirical evidence from Malaysian SME’s. Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, 8(1), 1-20.
- Haulder, N., Kumar, A., & Shiwakoti, N. (2019). An analysis of core functions offered by software packages aimed at the supply chain management software market. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 138, 106116.
- Henseler, J., Hubona, G., & Ray, P. A. (2016). Using PLS path modeling in new technology research: updated guidelines. Industrial Management & Data Systems.
- Isaksson, A., & Lantz, B. (2015). Outsourcing strategies and their impact on financial performance in small manufacturing firms in Sweden. The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, 9(4), 11-20.
- Kazancoglu, Y., Kazancoglu, I., & Sagnak, M. (2018a). Fuzzy DEMATEL-based green supply chain management performance. Industrial Management & Data Systems.
- Kazancoglu, Y., Kazancoglu, I., & Sagnak, M. (2018b). A new holistic conceptual framework for green supply chain management performance assessment based on circular economy. Journal of Cleaner Production, 195, 1282-1299.
- Kim, H. J. (2017). Information technology and firm performance: the role of supply chain integration. Operations management research, 10(1-2), 1-9.
- Lee, & Lim, S.-Y. (2020). Impact of environmental concern on Image of Internal GSCM practices and consumer purchasing behavior. The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics, and Business, 7(6), 241-254.
- Lee, Noh, Y., & Choi, D. (2017). Environmental policy performances for sustainable development: from the perspective of ISO 14001 certification. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 24(2), 108-120.
- Liao, Z., & Zhang, M. (2020). The influence of responsible leadership on environmental innovation and environmental performance: The moderating role of managerial discretion. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management.
- Liu, J., Feng, Y., & Zhu, Q. (2018). Green supply chain management and the circular economy. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management.
- Memon, M. A., Cheah, J., & Ramayah, T. (2018). Mediation analysis issues and recommendations. Journal of applied structural equation modeling, 2(1), 1-9.
- Mokhtar, A. R. M., Genovese, A., & Brint, A. (2019). Supply chain leadership: A systematic literature review and a research agenda. International Journal of Production Economics, 216, 255-273.
- Mores, G., Finocchio, C. P. S., & Barichello, R. (2018). Sustainability and innovation in the Brazilian supply chain of green plastic. Journal of Cleaner Production, 177, 12-18.
- Naala, M., Nordin, N., & Omar, W. (2017). Innovation capability and firm performance relationship: A study of pls-structural equation modeling (Pls-Sem). International Journal of Organization & Business Excellence, 2(1), 39-50.
- Nkrumah, S. K., Asamoah, D., & Annan, J. (2020). Examining green capabilities as drivers of green supply chain management adoption. Management Research Review.
- Nuseir, M. T., Basheer, M. F., & Aljumah, A. (2020). Antecedents of entrepreneurial intentions in smart city of Neom Saudi Arabia: Does the entrepreneurial education on artificial intelligence matter?. Cogent Business & Management, 7(1), 1825041.
- Ong, M. H. A., & Puteh, F. (2017). Quantitative Data Analysis: Choosing Between SPSS, PLS, and AMOS in Social Science Research. International Interdisciplinary Journal of Scientific Research, 3(1), 14-25.
- Peng, X., Lee, S., & Lu, Z. (2020). Employees' perceived job performance, organizational identification, and pro-environmental behaviors in the hotel industry. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 90, 102632.
- Perlines, F., Han, H., & Law, R. (2019). Innovative capacity, quality certification and performance in the hotel sector. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 82, 220-230.
- Pudjiarti, E. S. (2018). Elements of entrepreneurship in private universities: Organizational change capacity, innovative capability and the performance. Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, 21(2), 1-15.
- Ramayah, T., Cheah, J., & Memon, M. (2018). Partial least squares structural equation modeling (PLS-SEM) using SmartPLS 3.0 An Updated Guide and Practical Guide to Statistical Analysis: Pearson.
- Saeed, K. A., Malhotra, M. K., & Abdinnour, S. (2019). How supply chain architecture and product architecture impact firm performance: An empirical examination. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 25(1), 40-52.
- Shojaei, P. (2020). Rough MCDM model for green supplier selection in Iran: a case of university construction project. Built Environment Project and Asset Management.
- Shtal, T. V., Uvarova, A., & Ostapenko, I. I. (2018). Evaluation of the influence of external environmental factors on logistics activities: Case study of Ukrainian retail trade enterprises. Journal of Environmental Management & Tourism, 9(7 (31)), 1593-1605.
- Song, H., Turson, R., & Ganguly, A. (2017). Evaluating the effects of supply chain quality management on food firms’ performance. International Journal of Operations & Production Management.
- Sreedevi, R., & Saranga, H. (2017). Uncertainty and supply chain risk: The moderating role of supply chain flexibility in risk mitigation. International Journal of Production Economics, 193, 332-342.
- Teh, B. H., Ong, T. S., & Lee, A. S. (2020). The role of Environmental Innovation in enhancing the firm performance. International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, 24(4).
- Truong, H. Q., Sameiro, M., & Fernandes, A. C. (2017). Supply chain management practices and firms’ operational performance. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management.
- Tseng, M.-L., Islam, M. S., & Karia, N. (2019). A literature review on green supply chain management: Trends and future challenges. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 141, 145-162.
- Xian, K. J., Sambasivan, M., & Abdullah, A. R. (2018). Impact of market orientation, learning orientation, and supply chain integration on product innovation. International Journal of Integrated Supply Management, 12(1-2), 69-89.
- Yu, Y., Zhang, M., & Huo, B. (2019). The impact of supply chain quality integration on green supply chain management and environmental performance. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 30(9-10), 1110-1125.
- Zaid, A. A., Jaaron, A. A., & Bon, A. T. (2018). The impact of green human resource management and green supply chain management practices on sustainable performance: An empirical study. Journal of Cleaner Production, 204, 965-979.
- Article View: 222
- PDF Download: 205