Document Type : Research Article
FGBUN Pacific Institute of Geography Far Eastern Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences,7, Radio str., Vladivostok, Primorsky Krai, Russia, 690041
In the modern world, cross-border (transboundary) regions acquire special significance for optimizing the economy of the country and its individual regions, as well as for realizing its national interests in the international space. Any economic activity is associated with the use of nature, with the emergence of new or the development of old production and natural relations, which inevitably generate a complex of problems and form the ecological state of the territory. Therefore, the study of the territorial structure of production, production and natural relations, their dynamics is important and relevant, and especially in the border areas, because these territories are affected by their own production and economic activities of adjacent territories. In this paper, we consider the border counties of Heilongjiang Province and the regions of the southern regions of the Far East. The material on the natural-resource potential of the studied territories, their economic activities was collected and analyzed. In addition, the characteristic of the ecological situation of the territories, as well as some calculated indicators (according to the necessary statistical information available), characterizing the ecological status and economic sufficiency of nature protection activity is given. The uneven economic development of the border territories of the regions of the Far East and Heilongjiang Province and, consequently, the unequal impact of the economic activities of the considered territories on the environment are revealed. It is obvious that there are many factors that determine the further effective cooperation. At the same time, it is pointed out the need for joint projects aimed at methodological development on the basis of a uniform reading of the rules of nature management and sanitary norms. It is also extremely important for cross-border territories, in addition to economic joint projects, to formulate and implement joint projects for the protection of the environment and rational use of natural resources.
- frontier territories
- regions of the Far East
- Heilongjiang province
- production-natural relations
- economic sufficiency of nature protection activity
- Hansay S.S. Transboundary geosystems of the south of the Far East of Russia and the Northeast of China / S.S. Hansay.– Vladivostok: Dal'nauka, 2004. – 229 p.
- Izotov D.A. The economy of Heilongjiang Province: prospects for development in the context of targeted programs. // Regionalistics.– 2015. - № 4. – T2. – С.31-50.
- Stepanko N.G. Regional features of nature management in Primorsky Krai // Geographical bulletin. – 2008. – No. 2. – P. 248-256.
- Granberg A.G. Bases of regional economy / A.G. Granberg. – Moscow: State University Higher School of Economics, 2006. – 217 p.
- Hansay S.S. International transboundary territories as an object of geoecological research (by the example of the South of the Far East of Russia and the Northeast of China): dis. ... Dr. geogr. Sciences / S.S. Hansay; Pacific Institute of Geography FEB RAS. – Khabarovsk, 2005. – 327 pp.: Special. 25.00.36.
- Kolesnikov S.I. Environmental economics. Teaching-methodical manual / S.I. Kolesnikov. –Rostov-on-Don, 2000. – P. 14-15.
- About the ecological situation in Heilongjiang Province[Electronic resource].– Access mode: http://www.npec.or.jp/northeast_asia/russia2/inquiry/pdf/102.pdf(date of the application15.08.19)
- Report on the implementation of the plan for economic and social development for 2016 and thedraft plan for 2017. [Beijing], 2016. – Access Mode: http://russian.news.cn/china/2017-03/17/c_136137588.htm (date of the application 02.08.19).