Strengthen roles of commercial banks in vietnam economy– a case of eximbank
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 972-975
AbstractIs it the time for us to evaluate roles of Vietnam commercial banks and importance of risk management activities? This paper uses both quantitative analysis with statistical data and charts, combined with qualitative analysis including synthesis, inductive and explanatory methods in order to estimate and compare market risk via beta CAPM of Eximbank (EIB) and Asia Commercial Bank (ACB), 2 big listed joint stock banks in Vietnam. Research findings show us that market risk of Eximbank is higher and increase during post-low (L) inflation stage, compared to pre-L inflation time. Results may be used for policy implications and research models can be references for other countries including emerging markets.
1. Eugene FF, French KR. (2004). The Capital Asset Pricing Model: Theory and Evidence, Journal of Economic Perspectives.
2. Gunarathna, V. (2016). How does Financial Leverage Affect Financial Risk? An Empirical Study in Sri Lanka, Amity Journal of Finance, 1(1), 57-66.
3. Gunaratha V. (2013). The Degree of Financial Leverage as a Determinant of Financial Risk: An Empirical Study of Colombo Stock Exchange in Sri Lanka, 2nd International Conference on Management and Economics Paper.
- Huy, D.T.N. (2012). Estimating Beta of Viet Nam listed construction companies groups during the crisis, Journal of Integration and Development, 15 (1), 57-71
- Huy, D. T.N., Loan, B. T., and Anh, P. T. (2020). 'Impact of selected factors on stock price: a case study of Vietcombank in Vietnam', Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, vol.7, no.4, pp. 2715-2730. https://doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2020.7.4(10)
- Huy, D. T.N., Dat, P. M., và Anh, P. T. (2020). 'Building and econometric model of selected factors’ impact on stock price: a case study', Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues, vol.9(M), pp. 77-93. https://doi.org/10.9770/jssi.2020.9.M(7)
- Huy D.T.N., Nhan V.K., Bich N.T.N., Hong N.T.P., Chung N.T., Huy P.Q. (2021). 'Impacts of Internal and External Macroeconomic Factors on Firm Stock Price in an Expansion Econometric model—A Case in Vietnam Real Estate Industry', Data Science for Financial Econometrics-Studies in Computational Intelligence, vol.898, Springer. http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-3-030-48853-6_14
- Kantos, C., & Bartolomeo, D.D. (2020). How the pandemic taught us to turn smart beta into real alpha, Journal of Asset Management , 21: 581–590
- Kayo, E.R., Martelanc, R., Brunaldi, E.O., & Silva, W.E. (2020). Capital asset pricing model, beta stability, and the pricing puzzle of electricity transmission in Brazil, Energy Policy, 142.
- Khan, A.A., Faisal, S.M., & Aboud, O.A.A. (2018). Estimating Beta (β) Values of Stocks in the Creation of Diversified Portfolio - A Detailed Study, Applied Economics and Finance, 5(3). DOI: 10.11114/aef.v5i3.3243
- Thang, N.C., Vu., N.T., Duc, V.H., & McAleer, M. (2020). Systematic Risk at the Industry Level: A Case Study of Australia , Risk, 8, 36. Doi:10.3390/risks8020036
- Article View: 110
- PDF Download: 100