Document Type : Research Article
1 PhD Student, Department of Media Management, Tehran Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
2 Assistant Professor, Department of Communication, Tabriz Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tabriz, Iran
3 Assistant Professor, Department of Public Management, Army Strategic Studies Center of the Islamic Republic of Iran
4 Assistant Professor, Department of Media Management, Damavand Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Due to its sensitive strategic and geopolitical position, the Islamic Republic of Iran is obliged to strengthen the dimensions of its soft power while paying attention to strengthening various aspects of hard power. Iran can use its soft power and achieve the strengthening of its national power when it presents its strategy and strategy as well as its desired values in such a way that it utilizes the components of its power production components from both national and transnational dimensions. Brought. The purpose of this article is to design a model of soft media power in order to improve the combat capability of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran using the ground-based approach. In this study, in order to identify the indicators of soft power in promoting the combat capability of the army of the Islamic Republic of Iran, experts' opinions were used. Four basic indicators for soft power were determined, which are in order of priority: Army, changing the rules of the armed forces, parallel armed forces in the country, armed forces of foreign countries) in the media dimension (national media, new media, foreign media, hardware and software facilities) in the cultural dimension (orbital province, God-centered, Basij thinking And then manpower (creativity, participation in organizational decision-making, elites and professors inside the organization, elites and professors outside the organization, training, Q&A sessions, improving organizational communication, improving staff livelihoods).
- Afrakhteh, Abdolhamid, 2018, Management of new soft power media in soft warfare, 3rd International Conference on Dynamic Management, Accounting and Auditing, Tehran.
- Afrasiabi, Roya and Farhadi, Ali, 2019, An Analysis of Organizational Culture Patterns and Their Application in Education.
- Ahrari, E. (2010). Transformation of America's Military and Asymmetric War, Comparative Strategy, 29: 223-244.
- Arabpour, Amir Hossein, 2020, The role of economic diplomacy in increasing the soft power of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 13th National Congress of Pioneers of Progress, Tehran.
- Ashtiani, Mohammad Reza 2011 Explaining the theoretical components of non-physical factors affecting the combat power of military forces, Quarterly Journal of Defense Strategy, Year 9, No. 32, pp. 109-69.
- Bani Gol, Afsaneh and Momeni, Seyed Javad and Badbar, Maryam, 2019, Education and Dealing with the Injuries of New Media (Emphasis on the Soft Power of the Islamic Revolution), Fourth National Conference on New Approaches to Education and Research, Mahmoudabad.
- Bauer, 1960, quoting McQuail, 355)
- Bell, W. (2008). Foundations of futures studies, values, objectivity, and the good society. volume 2. Transaction publishers. Publishers
- Borjalizadeh, Mohammad, Jafari, Ali, Kurdi. (2020). The role of new communication technologies in the transfer of power in the international system. Scientific Journal of Political Science, 16 (2), 361-386.
- Castells, Manuel; information; power; Identity era (translation) Hossein Chavoshian, Tehran, New Design, 2001.
- Cohen, R. & Havlin, S. (2010). Complex networks: structure, robustness and function: Cambridge University Press.
- Danaeifard, Hassan and Emami, Seyed Mojtaba. (2007). Qualitative Research Strategy: Reflections on Foundation Data Theorizing, Management Thought.1 (2), 69-79.
- Farhadi, Ali and Sadeghi, Amir 2016 Requirements for the development of human resources of military organizations on the horizon of 1410 and its impact on defense development, Journal of Defense Futurology, Volume 1, Number 3, pp. 63-35.
- Fraser Cameron (2004) “The Future of Europe”, Routledge.
- Ghafury, Dawod, Hassangholipour, Tahmores, Kherandish, Mahdi,…Mansour, Operational model for assessing the competence of strategic commanders in order to improve combat power with the approach of unequal wars. Interdisciplinary Studies in Strategic Knowledge, 29 (29), 53-74.
- Heidari, Jafar and Masoudnia, Hossein and Dovazdeh Emami, Seyed Gholamreza and Rahbar Ghazi, Mahmoud Reza, 2020, Analysis of the Impact of New Media on the Soft Power of the Islamic Republic of Iran (with Emphasis on Comparing National and Religious Cultural Identity of Men and Women).
- J. S. Nye (2202). "Limits of American Power". Political Science Quarterly. Vol. 117, No. 4*
- Joseph Nye, Application of soft power, translated by Seyed Reza Mirtaheri, Quarterly of Defense Strategy, Year 2, Issue 6 Winter 2007
- Khodabandehlu, Mehdi; Karami, Gholamreza and Talaneh, Abdolreza. (2017). Develop a human capital reporting model in accounting. Journal of Management Accounting and Auditing Knowledge, 6 (23), 63-77.
- Khodsyani, Mustafa And Khan Ahmadi, Ismail. 2010 A Study of the Role of Morale in Sacred Defense and the Future War, Defense Strategy Quarterly, Volume 11, Number 42, pp. 110-67
- Mackenzie, Kent 2006 US Army Joint Vision for Horizon 2020, translated by Abdolmajid Heidari and Mohammad Tamnaei, Tehran.
- Mahsa Mahpishanian, Soft Power Challenges of America 2013, Journal of Regional Studies, No. 48, pp. 1-30.
- Mohammadi, Manouchehr, soft power resources, social capital of the Islamic Republic of Iran Summer, 2009, No. 16, p.22.
- Mustafavi, Seyed Reza and Ashtiani, Mohammad Reza 2013 Strategies for using people's forces in meeting the human needs of the defense sector, Quarterly Journal of Defense Strategy, (42,) pp. 1-30.
- Nata C. Crawford (2002) “Argument and Change in World Politics”, Cambridge University.
- New Bull et al., 2002: 31. Coran, 2002: 132-139, quoted by Jimmy McNamaro, 2003.
- Nozari, Fazlollah 2012 The doctrine of ground war in a war environment is unequal to the comprehensive defense approach, Journal of Defense Policy, Volume 22, Number 85, pp. 136-89.
- Nozari, Fazlollah,, 2010 Concepts of combat power and principles of war, first edition, Tehran, Faculty and Research Institute of Defense Sciences.
- Pishgamifar, Zahra. Farahani Morteza, Mablaghi Abdolmajid, presenting a fuzzy multi-criteria decision model for comparing soft power countries, Quarterly of World Policy, Volume 4 Number 3, Fall 2015.
- Qalibaf, Mohammad Baqer, Development of a favorable security perspective of the Islamic Republic of Iran with emphasis on geopolitical components, Strategic Studies of Basij of the Year, Spring 2017, No. 82, pp. 129-158
- Rashidzadeh, Fathaleh. Ashuri, Zabihullah. And Shahramfar, Jafar 2011 Strategic Model of Strengthening and Developing the Security Defense Authority of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Strategic Defense Studies, No. 46, pp. 142-121.
- S. Nay, Joseph; soft power; Tools for Success in International Politics, (Translation): Seyed Mohsen Rouhani - Mehdi Zolfaghari (with introduction by Dr. Asghar Eftekhari) - Imam Sadegh (AS) University - 2010.
- Sabilan Ardestani Hassan 2004 Psychological Operations and Media Diplomacy, Quarterly of Psychological Operations, No. 7.
- Salehi Dashti and Mohammad Asadifar, Identification of effective management factors for the promotion of combat power (Case study the staff of border guards of West Azerbaijan province), Volume 7, Number 4, Winter 2018, pp. 35-61.
- Sarukhani, Baqer; Sociology of Communication, Third Edition, Atelaat Publications, Tehran, 1994.
- Scales. J. & ROBERT. H. (2001). Future Warfare: Anthology Revised Edition: U.S. Army War College.
- Sharafuddin Seyed Hossein Explaining the role of mass media in transmitting social values (emphasis on national media).
- Shokohi, Hussein Qader Rahmati, Keramat and Kian Taheri, Alireza 2012 Determining the best factors in promoting combat power in the face of heterogeneous threats, National Defense Quarterly Scientific Journal of the Faculty of National Defense, National Defense University, First Year, No. 2, pp. 65-64.
- Smith, J. J. (2013). Tomorrow's Air Force: Tracing the past, shaping the future. Indiana University Press. https://www.globalfirepower.com, 2017 Military Strength Ranking.
- Smith, R. (2005). The Utility of Force: The Art of War in the Modern Age, London: Allen Lane
- Sorin, Verno. Tancard, James; Theories of communication, (translation) Dr. Alireza Dehghan. University of Tehran Press. 2002.
- Taheri, Ali 2016 Coordinates of the threat pattern of future battle scenes in 1404 using the data theory method of the foundation, Defense Futurology Quarterly, Volume 11, Number 1, pp. 127-109.
- Tavousi, Ahmad Reza, investigating the Role of Propaganda in the Imposed War, Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, Shahid Beheshti University, Faculty of Humanities, 1999.
- The British Ministry of Defense. (2010). The Future Character of Conflict, MOD, DCDC Strategic Trends Programmed, February
- The White House, Washington. (2012). Sustaining U.S. Global Leadership: Priorities for 21 St Century Defense
- Vosoughi, Abdollah, Soft modeling of his future image based on structural-interpretive approach, Quarterly of Defense Futurology, No. 5, Summer 2017, pp.
- Wood, D. L. (2015). Assessing America’s Ability to Provide for the Common Defense, Index of U.S. Military Strength