Document Type : Research Article
1 PhD, Thuongmai University Hanoi Vietnam.
2 MBA, Banking University HCMC, Ho Chi Minh city Vietnam - International University of Jan, Japan
Currently, FDI inflows in Vietnam has been increasing, during impacts from Covid 19 and China-US commerce war which facilitates opportunities for US and Chinese firms to enter Vietnam market to attract qualified labor sources at competitive salary.
From this fact, it is the time for us to consider to evaluate impacts from multi factors on Doing Business score (DB score) in the country.Authors use both qualitative, analytical and synthesis methods, combined with OLS regression method. Research results show us that in a 4 factor model, Export and FDI registration and export have positive correlation with DB score, while CPI and Import have negative correlation with DB score. Next, we recognize that CPI and FDI registration have higher coefficient and impact on DB score.
Therefore, The authors propose recommendations for improving DB score in Vietnam from ex-import and FDI attracting policies. The model can be expanded and applied to other emerging markets.
JEL: E61, F21, M20
- Acemoglu, D., Johnson, S., & J. A. Robinson. (2005). Institutions as the Fundamental Cause of Long-Run Growth, in Philippe Aghion and Steven Durlauf, eds. Handbook of Economic Growth. The Netherlands: Elsevier Science. 2005
- Aghion P and Howitt P. (1992). A Model of Growth through Creative Destruction, Econometrica, 60(2): 323-351
- Bonga, Wellington G., & Mahuni, Kenneth. (2018). Assessing the Impact of Ease of Doing Business and Corruption on Economic Growth for Africa Free Trade Zone (AFTZ) Member States, MPRA Paper 88932.
- Canare, T. (2018). The Effect of Ease of Doing Business on Firm Creation, Annals of Economics and Finance, 19(2): 555–584.
- Cepel, M., Belas, J., Rozsa, Z., & Strnad, Z. (2019). Selected economic factors of the quality of business environment, Journal of International Studies, 12(2), 228-240. doi:10.14254/2071-8330.2019/12-2/14
- Delgado, M., Ketels, C.H.M., Porter, M.E., & Stern, S. (2012). The Determinants of National Competitiveness, . Retrieved from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/236903847_The_Determinants_of_National_Competitiveness
- Huy, D. T.N., Loan, B. T., & Anh, P. T. (2020). 'Impact of selected factors on stock price: a case study of Vietcombank in Vietnam', Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, vol.7, no.4, pp. 2715-2730. https://doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2020.7.4(10)
- Huy, D.T.N. (2012). Estimating Beta of Viet Nam listed construction companies groups during the crisis, Journal of Integration and Development, 15(1): 57-71.
- Issah, M., Antwi, S., & McMilan, D. (2017). Role of macroeconomic variables on firms’ performance: Evidence from the UK, Cogent Economics & Finance, 5(1). https://doi.org/10.1080/23322039.2017.1405581
- Messaoud, B., & Teheni, Z.E.G. (2012). Business regulations and economic growth: What can be explained?, International Startegic Management Review, 2(2). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ism.2014.03.001
- Moorthy, V., & Jason, A.A. (2016). The Ease of Doing Business Rank: An Assessment of its Macroeconomic Relevance, EDB Working Paper 521.
- Rusu, V.D., & Roman, A. (2018). An empirical analysis of factors affecting competitiveness of C.E.E. countries, Economic research, 31(1). https://doi.org/10.1080/1331677X.2018.1480969
- Vasylieva, T., Lyeonov, S., Lyulyov, O., & Kyrychenko, K. (2018). Macroeconomic Stability and Its Impact on the Economic Growth of the Country, Montenegrin Journal of Economics, 14(1): 159-170.
- Vogiatzoglou, K. (2016). Ease of Doing Business and FDI Inflows in ASEAN, Journal of Southeast Asian Economies, 33(3): 343-363. https://www.jstor.org/stable/44132410
- World Bank Doing Business Report (2020). Retrieved from: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/bitstream/handle/10986/32436/9781464814402_Ch01.pdf?sequence=5&isAllowed=y
13. Troilo, M., & Collins, J.M. (2015). National factor effects on firm competitiveness and innovation, Journal of Global Competitiveness, 25(4). DOI: 10.1108/CR-02-2015-0009