Document Type : Research Article
1 Dean and Professor, Saveetha School of Management, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Saveetha University, Chennai - 77
2 MBA Student, Saveetha School of Management, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Saveetha University, Chennai - 77
The terms 'Human resource management' and 'Human resources’ have generally supplanted the term 'personnel management' and furthermore consider it as a cycle which is associated with dealing with the associations. Human Resource Management is the way toward enlisting the up-and-comers, choosing the correct candidate for particular job, accepting representatives, providing orientation, training and development, assessing the presentation of workers, choosing remuneration and giving advantages, propelling workers, keeping up legitimate relations with workers and their worker's organizations, motivating employees , ensuring employees safety, welfare and health measures of the employees. The objectives of HR in an organisation are as follows: Understand the scope of human resource management (HRM),explain what human resource management is and how it relates to the management process. Many organisations are managing with the Covid-19 coronavirus widespread by ordering or empowering representatives work from domestic all over the world. As the coronavirus spreads, working from domestic is the unused typical for specialists. Representative help programs (EAPs) will be important sources of organizational bolster to help representatives going through challenging times and progress their well- being and resilience. Again, a look on the Net of Science uncovers exceptionally few thoughts about EAPs in Asian nations. This activated organizational reactions such as decentralizing their operations and moving workers out of base camp, particularly in the event that found in huge urban ranges. This in turn driven to organizations re-examining their recompense arrangements to superior reflect emolument levels related with the nearby work showcase. A survey has been collected from the HR professionals from various organisations regarding the various challenges that have been faced by them during pandemic and in post pandemic and to find out the most influencing factors among the various challenges.
- Human Resource Management
- representative help programs
- pandemic challenges
- work from home
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Ahmed, T., Khan, M.S., Thitivesa, D., Siraphatthada, Y., Phumdara, T., 2020. Impact of employees engagement and knowledge sharing on organizational performance: Study of HR challenges in COVID-19 pandemic. Hum Syst Manage 39, 589–601.
- Bailey, K., Breslin, D., 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic: What can we learn from past research in organizations and management. International Journal of Management.
- Becker, B., Gerhart, B., 1996. The Impact of Human Resource Management on Organizational Performance: Progress and Prospects. AMJ 39, 779–801.
- Bedi, M.B., Khurana, S., n.d. HR Outbreak Management and Organizational Performance in the Emerging Pandemic Scenario: A Comprehensive Review. shabdbooks.com.
- Bingham, S., 2020. How HR leaders can adapt to uncertain times. Harv. Bus. Rev.
- Caligiuri, P., De Cieri, H., Minbaeva, D., Verbeke, A., Zimmermann, A., 2020. International HRM insights for navigating the COVID-19 pandemic: Implications for future research and practice. J Int Bus Stud 1–17.
- Carnevale, J.B., Hatak, I., 2020. Employee adjustment and well-being in the era of COVID-19: Implications for human resource management. J. Bus. Res. 116, 183–187.
- Cooke, F.L., Schuler, R., Varma, A., 2020. Human resource management research and practice in Asia: Past, present and future. Human Resource Management Review 30, 100778.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dirani, K.M., Abadi, M., Alizadeh, A., Barhate, B., Garza, R.C., Gunasekara, N., Ibrahim, G., Majzun, Z., 2020. Leadership competencies and the essential role of human resource development in times of crisis: a response to Covid-19 pandemic. Human Resource Development International 23, 380–394.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Hancock, B., Schaninger, B., 2020. HR says talent is crucial for performance-and the pandemic proves it. Retrieved September 2020, from McKensey & Company: https://www. mckinsey. com/business-functions/organization/our-insights/hr-says-talent-is-crucial-for-performance-and-the-pandemic-proves-it.
- Kaushik, M., Guleria, N., 2020. The impact of pandemic COVID-19 in workplace. European Journal of Business and Management 12, 1–10.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Lengnick-Hall, M.L., Moritz, S., 2003. The impact of e-HR on the human resource management function. J. Labor Res. 24, 365–379.
- Liu, Y., Wang, H., Chen, J., Zhang, X., Yue, X., Ke, J., Wang, B., Peng, C., 2020. Emergency management of nursing human resources and supplies to respond to coronavirus disease 2019 epidemic. Int J Nurs Sci 7, 135–138.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Noe, R.A., Hollenbeck, J.R., Gerhart, B.A., Wright, P.M., 2007. Fundamentals of human resource management.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Solanki, S., 2020. An Exploratory Study on Behavioral Science Of HR Mangers to Respond the COVID-19 Challenge. Available at SSRN 3590050.
- Tichy, N.M., 1981. Strategic human resource management.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.