An Analysis of Legal Concepts Concerning Abortion Case According to Criminal Code and Law No.36 of 2009 Concerning Health
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 2919-2922
AbstractAbortion practice has now become an actual phenomenon that can occur everywhere. The number of deaths due to abortion is very appalling and alarming. Based on data from World Health Organization (WHO), it is stated that 15-50% death of mother was resulted from miscarriage on purpose, which is not very safe. Under our law (hukum positif) particularly in Indonesia, abortion acts in some cases can be justified if it only relates to abortus provocatus medicinal condition. On the contrary, an abortion act which is generalized might become a criminal act that is commonly known as abortus provocatus criminalis.In this thesis, the writer discusses the problems concerning the concept of the law related to abortion criminal act pursuan to Indonesian Penal Law (KUHP) and Health Act No. 36 year 2009 using descriptive analysis method which does not apply hypothesis or testing a theory. This research originates from the idea that there are problems related to concept and actual law implementation concerning abortion as a criminal act based on our Penal Law (KUHP) and Health Act No. 36 year 2009. The analysis concept law meant in this thesis is to peruse Indonesian Penal Law and Acts No. 36 year 2009 concerning abortion as criminal act. The writer uses secondary data which is comprised of primary material, secondary and tertiary law.on the findings and discussion, it is concluded that the application of Indonesian Penal Law and Health Act as ground or standing of the law to become Judge’s own consideration has yet to be realized or applied consistently to abortion as criminal act. In addition, it appears that there is a lack of enforcement of the law on the part of the law enforcer agency in resolving abortion-related problems and thus contributing to the problematic and debatable status of abortion
- Ade Maman Suherman, 2004, Introduction to Comparative Legal Systems, PT Raja Grafindo Persada, Jakarta.
- Achmad Ali, 2002. Uncovering the Legal Veil. Second edition. Jakarta: PT Toko Gunung Agung
- Chazawi, A. (1999). Kejahatan terhadap tubuh dan nyawa. bkbh fakultas hukum universitas brawijaya.
- Moeljatno, 2002, Principles of Criminal Law, Rineka Cipta. Jakarta
- Notoatmodjo, S. (2010). Health Ethics and Law. Rineka Cipta.
- Suryono Ekotama, et al, 2001, Abortus Provokatus for Rape Victims from the Perspective of Victimology, Criminology and Criminal Law, Admajaya University, Yogyakarta
- Sri Setyowati, 1976, The Problem of Criminal Abortion in Indonesia and Its Relationship to Family Planning in terms of the Criminal Code, t.p., Jakarta
- Sudarto, 1990, Criminal Law I, Semarang
- Soesilo, 1991, Criminal Code and its Full Comments, Article by Article, Politeia, Bogor
- Utrecht, 1987, Criminal Law, Second Edition, Pustaka Tinta Mas, Surabaya
- Yayasan Pengembangan Pedesaan, 1997, Reproduction Health, Danar Wijaya, Malang
- Homby, AS & Pamwell, 1992, English-Indonesian Dictionary, PT Bentara Antar Asia, Jakarta
- Indonesian Encyclopedy, 1981, Abortus, Ikhtiar Baru, Jakarta, Hassan Shaddily, 1992, Indonesian English Dictionary, PT. Gramedia, Jakarta
- Dzikirullah, M. (2021). Comparative Analysis of Abortion Arrangement on the Draft Criminal Code (Ruu Kuhp) and Law of the Republic of Indonesia Number 36 of 2009 Concerning Health. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 13(1).
- Elvandari, S. (2020). Legalization of Abortion Against Victims of Rape Crimes Viewed From Victimology Perspective. Jurnal Hukum & Pembangunan, 50(1).
- Lestari, r. D. (2020). Magistra law review. Magistra Law Review, 1(1).
- Sembiring, e., & asan, p. (2019). Majalah kedokteran nusantara: the journal of medical school. The Journal of Medical School (Jms), 52(2).
- Tongat. (2020). Abortion Due to Rape in The Perspective of Criminal Law and Health Law in Indonesia. Journal of Law, Policy and Globalization, 103.
- Umar. (2014). Spontaneous Abortion Among Women Admitted Into Gynaecology Wards of three Selected Hospitals in Maiduguri, Nigeria. International Journal of Nursing and Midwifery, 6(2).
- Yusriana, Y. (2015). Aborsi dalam perspektif hukum islam. Jurnal Ilmiah Penegakan Hukum, 2(1).
- Article View: 162
- PDF Download: 53