Survey Study of Socio-Demographic Profile and Prevalence of Stress among Students of Firozabad (Uttar Pradesh)
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 2915-2918
AbstractA cross-sectional study was carried out which was containing 430 respondents randomly sampled from students at universities, all in the age group of 18-24 years from Firozabad district. A standardized stress scale is used to measure stress. On the bases of 10 factors of stress the demographic study of stress level in university students has been done. In general, average level of stress has been observed in all students. For most of the student this study is related to educational activities to measure stress. Sometimes many types of stressors in the family, society and school inadvertently affect the students psychologically whose continuously negative effects gradually push the students towards distress. In college teachers can make aware students about the stress management and can provide various bases to reduce stress level.
- Bhargava, D & Trivedi, H. (2018). A study of causes of stress and stress management among youth. IRA Int J Manage Soc Sci, 11:10.
- David, M. K. and Saeipoor, N. (2018) “Integrating Soft Skills into Courses in Malaysian Public Universities: (Undergraduates’ Perception)”, IARS’ International Research Journal. Vic. Australia, 8(1). doi: 10.51611/iars.irj.v8i1.2018.83.
- Dr Prerna Puri, Dr Tejinder Kaurand Prof. Manju Mehta, APRC: (2011) Manual For Stress Scale, Published by Agra Psychological Research Cell.
- Dr. M. Prabhu and Dr. Mohan-( June- 2014) A Study on Stress among University Students In India, www.researchgate.net- Publication, E-ISSN No -2347685X
- Garg, Shaifali (2017) “Role of work stress and coping strategies of employee’s Performance: An Empirical study with reference to private university employees”., IARS’ International Research Journal. Vic. Australia, 7(1). doi: 10.51611/iars.irj.v7i1.2017.68.
- Garret H.E. (1981). Statics in Psychology and Education Bombay (India)
- Jain, D. (2019) “Don’t Kill Innovation: Concept Towards A New Academic World”, IARS’ International Research Journal. Vic. Australia, 9(1). doi: 10.51611/iars.irj.v9i1.2019.98.
- Lehmann Michael L and Herkenham Miles (2011). Environmental Enrichment Confers Stress Resiliency to Social Defeat through an Infralimbic Cortex-Dependent Neuroanatomical Pathway. Journal of Neuroscience, 31 (16) 6159-6173; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0577-11.2011
- Lazarus, R. S. (1966). Psychological stress and the coping process. New York McGraw-Hill.
- Negga, F., Applewhite, S., & Livingston, I. (2007). African American College Students and Stress: School Racial Composition, Self-esteem, and Social Support. College Student Journal, 41(4),823-830.
- Rao, E. and Goel, A. (2017) “Factors causing work related stress in the Hospitality Sector: A study of employees in three-star hotels in Dehradun Region”, IARS’ International Research Journal. Vic. Australia, 7(1). doi: 10.51611/iars.irj.v7i1.2017.65.
- Rita Agrawal. (1997). Stress in Life and At Work (Book Review) Sage Publication, New Delhi PP.28
- Ross, S. E., Niebling, B. C., & Heckert, T. M. (1999). Sources of Stress Among College Students. Social Psychology, 61(5), 841-846.
- Towbes, L. C., & Cohen, L. H. (1996). Chronic stress in the lives of college students: Scale development and prospective prediction of distress. Journal of youth and adolescence,25(2), 199-217.
- Article View: 102
- PDF Download: 139