The Interaction Between Civil Society And Public Authorities In Ukraine: Information And Telecommunication Dimension
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 4, Pages 350-356
AbstractThe article deals with the study of the peculiarities of interaction between civil society and public authorities in the conditions of intensification of information and telecommunication technologies in Ukraine, which is the foundation for the formation of new ways of external reflection of civil society participation in state and municipal issues. The purpose of the article is to determine areas for improving the practice of interaction between civil society and public authorities; defining the concept of state power in accordance with the updated principles of democratization and globalization, determining specific recommendations for reforming the existing system of state regulation in Ukraine. The methodological basis of this article is a set of general and special methods of scientific knowledge: systematic analysis method, dialectical method, formal-logical method and structural-functional method and a number of empirical methods. The authors substantiate the forms of interaction between civil society and public authorities, which is institutionalized in: a) formal field in the form of: appeals of citizens to public authorities; public examination of the activities of public authorities; anti-corruption public examination of public authorities; functioning of public (expert) councils at public authorities, etc.; b) practical field through the provision of public services; consideration of citizens’ appeals; functioning of the National portal of open data and electronic systems Prozorro, etc. To determine the current state of interaction between public authorities and civil society in the implementation of information and telecommunication technologies, it has been studied: specifics of the introduction of the idea of digital state in Ukraine as a condition for determining new interaction forms between civil society and public authorities; international standards, which define the principles of use of information and telecommunication technologies in relations between public authorities and civil society; specifics of providing electronic public services and consideration of electronic appeals of citizens. The article can be useful for practitioners and officials of the administrative apparatus, and also citizens with the appropriate level of legal conscience. In addition, certain aspects of the study can be used in subsequent developments in the socio-political field, the subject of which regards to the functioning of civil society. The novelty and originality of the study is that the article highlights the features of interaction between civil society and public authorities, under the circumstances the tendency of intensification of the use of information and telecommunication technologies.
- Kravtsova Z.S. Some aspects of interaction between public authorities and civil society institutions. Legal scientific electronic journal. 2021. № 2. Рp. 46-49. DOI https://doi.org/10.32782/2524-0374/2021-2/9.
- Pehnik A.V. The social nature of responsibility: the essence and role in the formation of civil society. Current policy issues. 2014. Vip. 51. Рp. 50-59.
- Bila-Tiunova L., Bilous-Osin T., Kozachuk D., Vasylkivska V. (2019) Participation of civil society in public administration: Prospects for international experience implementation in Ukraine. Humanities and Social Sciences Reviews, 7 (5), Рp. 757–764.
- Carr D.L., Norman E.S. (2008) Global civil society? The Johannesburg World Summit on Sustainable Development. Geoforum. Vol. 39, Issue 1, Pр. 358-371. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geoforum.2007.07.006.
- Krishan K. (2021) Civil Society, Globalization, and Global Civil Society. Journal of Civil Society (4). pp. 15-30. https://doi.org/10.1080/17448680802049562.
- Mark Griffiths (2014) The affective spaces of global civil society and why they matter. Emotion, Space and Society. Vol. 11, Рp. 89-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.emospa.2013.08.003.
- Pekhnyk A.V. Conceptual understanding of the relationship between the rule of law and civil society. Current policy issues. 2009. Vip. 36. Рp. 50-61.
- On promoting the development of civil society in Ukraine: Decree of the President of Ukraine of 26.02.2016 № 68/2016. Official Gazette of the President of Ukraine. 2016. № 7. Art. 32.
- Karetna O.O., Myloserdna I.M., Ignatieva I.I. The role and features of information and communication technologies in the interaction between public authorities with civil society. Politicus. 2020. № 5. Art. 62-68. DOI https://doi.org/10.24195/2414- 9616.2020-5.9.
- Official website of the Unified Portal of Public Services “Action”. URL: https://plan2.diia.gov.ua/ (date of application: 13.06.2021).
- Issues of the Ministry of Digital Transformation: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of September 18, 2019 № 856. Update Date: 12.02.2021 p. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/856-2019-%D0%BF#Text (date of application: 13.03.2021).
- Project “Digital State” – “Action”. URL: https://intelserv.net.ua/news/material/id/710 (date of application: 13.06.2021).
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights: International document dated 10.12.1948. Official Gazette of Ukraine. 2008. № 93. Art. 89.
- The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights: International document dated 16.12.1966 https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_043/card6#Public (date of application:13.06.2021).
- The Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms: International document of 1950 URL: https://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_004 (date of application:13.06.2021).
- The Convention on Access to Information, Public Participation in Decision-Making and Access to Justice in Environmental Matters: International document of 25.06.1998 Official Gazette of Ukraine 2010. № 33. Art. 12. Guidelines for public participation in the political decision-making process, 2017 https://rm.coe.int/guidelines-on-civil-participation-in-political-decision-making/168076e135 (date of application: 13.06.2021) .
- The Okinawa Charter of the Global Information Society: International document dated July 22, 2000 URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/998_163#Text (date of application:13.06. 2021).
- The Declaration on European Policy in the Field of New Information Technologies: International document dated 06.05.1999 URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_040#Text (date of application:13.03.2021).
- On the system of electronic signatures used within the Community: International document of 13.12.1999 № 1999/93 / EC. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_240#Text (date of application:13.03.2021).
- Directive 2018/1972 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 December 2018 on the implementation of the European Electronic Communications Code. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/984_013-18#n78 (date of application:13.06.2021).
- On the establishment of the Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications (BEREC) and the BEREC Support Agency (BEREC Office), amending Regulation (EU) 2015/2120 and repealing Regulation (EU) № 1211/2009: Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2018 / 1971 of December 11, 2018. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/984_012-18#Text (date of application:13.03.2021).
- On measures for a high common level of security of network and information systems throughout the Union: Directive 2016/1148 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 6 July 2016. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/984_013-16#Text (date of application:13.03.2021).
- Yemelyanenko O. Traditional and electronic government: conceptual differences. Chamber. 2008. № 2. P. 20 - 22.
- On the peculiarities of maintaining the Electronic Register of sick leaves to ensure information interaction of the electronic health care system with the Electronic Register of sick leaves: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 03.03.2020 № 159. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/ laws / show / 159-2020-% D0% BF. (date of application:June 27, 2021).
- On complete general secondary education: Law of Ukraine of 16.01.2020 № 463-IX. Update Date: 16.01.2020 URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua / laws / show / 463-20 (date of application: 27.03.2021).
- On the implementation of the pilot project on the use of electronic display of information contained in the passport of a citizen of Ukraine in the form of a card, and electronic display of information contained in the passport of a citizen of Ukraine for travel abroad: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from 15.04.2020 № 278 Update Date: 15.04.2020 URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/278-2020-%D0%BF. (appeal date: 27.03.2021).
- On the implementation of the pilot project on the use of electronic driver's license and electronic vehicle registration certificate: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 23.10.2019 № 956. Update Date: 23.10.2019. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws / show / 956-2019-% D0% BF. (appeal date: 27.03.2021).
- On the implementation of an experimental project on the use of electronic student (student) tickets: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 18.12.2019 № 1051. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua / laws / show / 1051-2019-% D0% BF . (appeal date: 27.03.2021).
- On electronic trust services: Law of Ukraine dated 05.10.2017 № 2155-VIII. Update Date: 13.02.2020. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua / laws / show / 2155-19. date of application: 27.03.2021).
- Belikova M.I. Concepts of e-government and e-democracy development in Ukraine. State building and local self-government. 2018. №35. Pp. 137-145.
- On approval of the Concept of development of the electronic services system in Ukraine: Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 16.11.2016 № 918-r. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/918-2016-%D1%80#Text. (appeal date: 13.03.2021).
- On citizens’ appeals: Law of Ukraine of October 2, 1996, p. № 393/96-BP. Update Date: 01.01.2020 URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/393/96-%D0%B2%D1%80#Text (access date: 13.03.2021).
- On approval of the Procedure for consideration of the electronic petition addressed to the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of 22.07.2016 № 457. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/457-2016-%D0%BF# n8. (date of application: 09.03.2020).
- On Amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On Citizens’ Appeals” concerning Electronic Appeals and Electronic Petitions: Law of Ukraine of July 2, 2015 № 577-VIII. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/577-19 (date of application: 09.03.2020).
- On the Procedure for Consideration of an Electronic Petition Addressed to the President of Ukraine: Decree of the President of Ukraine of August 28, 2015 № 523/2015. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/523/2015. (date of application: 09.03.2020).
- Article View: 170
- PDF Download: 50