Studying the effect of Political Relations on Capital Structure and Profit Sharing Policy of Companies Listed in Tehran Stock Exchange
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 2855-2868
AbstractThe purpose of this study is to investigate the effect of political relations on the capital structure and profit distribution policy of companies listed on the Tehran Stock Exchange during the years 2014 to 2020. Since the results of this research can be used by auditing organizations, auditing firms, researchers, students and companies, in terms of categorization of research in terms of purpose, it is of the type of applied research and in terms of classification of research in terms of method is causal after occurrence. The data collection tools in this research are scientific articles and Rahavard Novin software using information companies. Data analysis was performed using Ives software. The statistical population in this study is all companies listed on the stock exchange, of which 94 companies were selected as a sample through screening. The results showed that there is a significant relationship between the political relations of the parliament and the political relations of the government with financial leverage. Because the probability value of each of these variables is less than the standard value of 0.05%. The results also showed that there is a significant relationship between the political relations of the parliament and the political relations of the government and the policy of profit sharing. Because the probability value of each of these variables is less than the standard value of 0.05%.
- Ahsan, H., Al‐Hadi, A., Al‐Yahyaee, K., & Eulaiwi, B. (2017). Joint audit, political connections and cost of debt capital. International Journal of Auditing. Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 249-270.
- Ansari, A. Mohseni, A. Rezaei, M. (2017), Political Relationship and Capital Structure of Companies Listed on the Tehran Stock Exchange, Second International Conference on Accounting and Management.
- Choy, H., Gul, F.A., & Yao, J. (2011). Does political economy reduce agency costs? Some evidence from dividend policies around the world. Journal of Empirical Finance, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 16- 35.
- Cull, R., Li, W., Sun, B. & Xu, L.C. (2015). Government connections and financial constraints: evidence from a large representative sample of Chinese firms. Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 271-294.
- Ding, S., Jia, C., Wilson, C., & Wu, Z. (2014). Political connections and agency conflicts: the roles of owner and manager political influence on executive compensation. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Vol. 45 No. 2, pp. 407-434.
- Etemadi, H. Jalil Ahmadi, G. (2017). Investigating the effect of political relationship on investment and reducing financing constraints in Tehran Stock Exchange, Accounting and Auditing Research, 34, 4-23.
- Faccio, M., Masulis, R.W., & McConnell, J.J. (2006). Political connections and corporate bailouts. The Journal of Finance, Vol. 61 No. 6, pp. 2597-2635.
- Habib, A., & Muhammadi, A.H. (2018). Political connections and audit report lag: Indonesian evidence. International Journal of Accounting & Information Management, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp.59-80.
- Hamdan, A. (2012). The Accounting Conservatism and Earnings Quality in Bahrain Stock Exchange. Journal of gulf and Arabic Peninsula Studie, Vol. 38, No. 14, pp. 152-169.
- Khan,A, Dessalegn, G, Mihret, M & Muttakin, B. (2016). Corporate political connections, agency costs and audit quality. International Journal of Accounting & Information Management, 24(4), 357 – 374.
- Lassoued, N. (2014). Benefits and costs of political connections: evidence from Tunisia. Int. J. Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 299-325.
- Lie, Q, (2006), Cash distribution and returns, University of Michigan, pp.1-32.
- Sáez Lacave, M. Gutiérrez Urtiaga, M. (2014). Dividend Policy with Controlling Shareholders. European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI) - Law Working Paper No.
- Rezaei, F. Eidan Torkzadeh, Kh. Nasiri, N. (2020). The Impact of Ownership Structure on Dividend Policy, Quarterly Journal of the Stock Exchange, No. 16, 4, 99-79.
- Sadeghi Sharif, S. Bahadori, H. (2009). Investigating the Effect of Ownership Structure on the Profit Payment Ratio of Companies Listed on the Tehran Stock Exchange.
- Shukri, N. (2016), Study of the Relationship between Profit Sharing Policy and Political Communications in Companies Listed on the Tehran Stock Exchange, International Conference on Management and Accounting, No. 31.
- Su, Z, Fung, H. Huang, D. Shen, C. (2014). Cash dividends, expropriation, and political connections: Evidence from China, International Review of Economics and Finance. International Review of Economics and Finance 29 .260–272.
- Article View: 111
- PDF Download: 85