A Study On Capital Structure Of Domestic And Multinational Companies
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 5, Pages 1146-1151
AbstractCapital structure is the composition of debt and equity securities that are used to finance a company’s assets. The choice of debt and equity is an important decision for the corporate sector because an optimal choice of financing decision increases the value of the firm. The Multinational corporations (MNC) has benefits over the Domestic companies (DC) with regard to debt raising capacity, wider options for raising capital, greater options to generate profits, diversification benefits, economies of scale, etc. This paper investigates the determinants of capital structure of domestic and multinational companies during the period 2010 to 2020. The study concluded that the significant capital structure determinants are Size, Return on Sales, Return on Assets and Profit.
- Abira Mohsin (2015) “Capital structure determinants for large listed Norwegian and foreign public firms”, Handelshoykolen Ved HiOA OSLO 2016, 31-62.
- Mari Avarmaa, Aaro Hazak, Kadri Männasoo (2008) “Capital structure formation in multinational and Local companies in the Baltic States”, Baltic Journal of Economics 11(1) (2011) 125-145.
- Mohamad Albaity (2011) “Internationalization and capital structure; Evidence from Malaysian Manufacturing firms’’, Asian Journal of Finance & Accounting”, ISSN, 1946- 052X2013, Vo. 5, No. 2.
- Omar Farooq (2012) “Do Multinational and Local Corporations Differ in Their Leverage Policies? Evidence from the MENA Region”, The Journal of Applied Business Research”, Volume 32, Number 1.
- Paolo M. Panteghini (2004) “The capital structure of multinational companies under tax competition” Int Tax Public Finance (2009) 16: 59–81 DOI 10.1007/s10797-007-9055-7.
- Ranjitha AJay, and R. Madhumathi (2010) “Diversification strategy and its influence on the capital structure decisions of manufacturing firms in India’’, International Journal of Social Science and Humanity”, Vo. 2, No.5, Sep 2012.
- Sashoarso and Aleksandar Naumoski (2013)“Determinants of capital structure: An Empirical study of companies of selected post- transition economies”, Preliminary communication”, UDC.658.14/.17 DOI:10.18045/zbefri.2016.1.119.
- Shumi Akhtar, (2001) “Australian Multinational and Domestic Corporations Capital Structure Determinants” Accounting and Finance”, 57 (2019) 319–349.
- Article View: 157
- PDF Download: 408