Growth And Development Of Craft Tourism Services In Tamilnadu
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 2851-2854
AbstractIndia is one of the leading suppliers of handicrafts in the world market. Among Indian states, Tamil Nadu is a place for its rich history of culture &tradition in the Handicrafts Industry and occupies an important place in this sector. Tourisms play a vital role in promoting goodwill among the people and social economic development of the country. Tourism as an industry earns large foreign exchange reserves and creates direct and indirect employment opportunities to very large sections of society. Besides promoting handicrafts and fine arts of a nation, it helps in preserving the nature’s beauty, cultural heritage of the land, and strengthens the process of national integration and universal brotherhood. This study is to highlights development of craft tourism services in Thanjavur district Tamil Nadu.
- Appaduraim, A., “Cultural Diversity: A Conceptual Platform” in K. Stenou (ed.), UNESCO Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity, UNESCO Publishing, Paris, 2002, Pp.9-16.
- Dr. D.Paul Dhinakaran, “Exports and Imports Stagnation in India During Covid-19- A Review” GIS Business (ISSN: 1430-3663 Vol-15-Issue-4-April-2020).
- Bhat, J. A., & Yadav, P. (2016). The Sector of Handicrafts and its Share in Indian Economy. Arabian J Bus Manage Review S, 3, 2.
- Chanchal khurana, D. P. (2014). An Analysis of problems faced by handicraft sector in Jaipur, Rajasthan. International Journal of Research Science & Management, 1 (4), 1-6.
- Dr.Revathy Girish Indian Tourist Panorama, Delhi: Wisdom Press. 2010.
- Gajrani.S, History Religion culture of India, Vol.6, New Delhi: Isha books, 2004.
- Gary.P.Ferraro, The Cultural Dimensions of International Business, New Delhi: Anubha Printers, 2007.
- Ghouse, S. M. (2012). Indian Handicraft Industry: Problems and Strategies. International Journal of Management Research and Reviews, 2(7), 1183.
- Hashmi, S. K. (2012). Market for Indian Handicrafts. Excel Journal of Engineering Technology and Management Science, 1(1), 1-7.
- Janet Rodgers, Travel and Tourism, Chicago: Heinemann Educational Publishers, 2000.
- Khan, W. A., & Amir, Z. (2013). Study of handicraft marketing strategies of artisans in Uttar Pradesh and its implications. Research Journal of Management Sciences, 2(2), 23-26.
- Minister of State for Tourism, Shri Subodh Kant Sahai in a written reply in Rajya Sabha on 03-05-2012.
- Article View: 162
- PDF Download: 288