Development And Utilisation Of Urban Open Spaces In Islamabad
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 2783-2789
AbstractThis research work explores the onsite condition of Urban Open Space in the city of Islamabad. Urban Open Spaces play a significant role in the development of a city. These spaces also determine the outlook of the city. The impact of these spaces on the residents/community is immense. Therefore, the Urban Open Spaces should be planned to ensure the safety and satisfaction of the public. These places are used for plantation, landscaping, and decoration of a city and when left unplanned, these can encourage criminal activities. This study explores whether these spaces are planned and developed according to the planning parameters prevailing worldwideThese, in turn, help define the efficiency of parks and open spaces in terms of the requirements of Islamabad citizens. For this purpose, the Urban Open Spaces of two residential sectors were selected. The research concludes that the elements of Urban Open Spaces in two residential sectors require detailed treatment. Currently, city management is not emphasising the importance of planning, preserving, and managing Urban Open Spaces in the residential sectors of Islamabad.
- Ali, S. M. (2010). Vegetation communities of urban pen spaces: green belts and parks in Islamabad city. Pakistan.pak.j.bot.,42(2), 1031-1039.
- Anonymous. (2007-2009). The city of Islamabad “Islamabad the beautiful”. Capital Development Authority.
- Arine L. Bedimo-Rung, A. J., & Cohen, D. A. (2005). Public Health (A Conceptual Model). American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 159-168.
- Aryal, S. (2010). Evalution of Urban Design in Practice (Case study of Chicago, Detriort and Cleveland through time). Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Authority, C. D. (1992). Zoning Regulations. Islamabad: CDA.
- Byrne, J. A., & Sipe, N. G. (2010). Green and Open Spaces planning for urban consolidation-A review of the literature and best practice. Retrieved january 2012, from hppt://www.griffith.edu.au/envirnment-planning-architecture/urban-research-program
- Cranz, G. (n.d.). The politics of park design. MIT press.
- Don T.Luymes, K. T. (1995). Integrating public safety and use in to planning urban greenways. Department of Landscape Architecture, Pennsylvania State University.
- Doxiadis, C. (1967). Water and Human Enviorment. Constantinos A. Doxiadis Archives, Athens, 2878.
- Dr.Farkhunda Burke, S. N., & Haq, Q. u. (2009). Classification and Standardisation of Parks. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 853-865.
- Emeritus, I. (2009). Islamabad, a town planning example for a sustainable city. Sustaniable Development and planning IV,Vol 1 75, 75-84.
- Golicnik, B., & Thompson, C. (2010). Emerging relationships between design and use of urban park spaces. Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol.94,No.1., 38-53.
- H.Hambly, o. (n.d.). Retrieved november 15, 2011, from http://books.google.com.pk/bookse
- LUIS LOURES, R. S. ( October 2007). Urban Parks and Sustainable City Planning - The Case of Portimão, Portugal . WSEAS TRANSACTIONS on ENVIRONMENT and DEVELOPMENT, 171 to 180.
- (1986). National Reference Manual on Planning and Infrastructure. Islamabad: Ministry of Housing and Works.
- Oden, M. D. (2008). Building a More Sustainable Economy Development Strategy and Public Incentives in Austin. texas: liveable cities.
- Papaioannou, J. (n.d.). Environment and the Role of Ekistics. Retrieved november 2011, from Athens Center of Ekistics: http://business.hol.gr/bio/HTML/PUBS/VOL2/gb-papai.htm;
- Park classification system. (n.d.). Retrieved november 2011, from fairfax country government of virginia: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/plandev
- (2003). Parks and Open Spaces plan system. Bellevue: Bellevue Park and Community Services.
- Parks, R. b. (1996). Park Design Guidlines and Data. British Columbia: Province of British Columbia.
- (2011). Population Distribution, Urbanization, Internal Migration and Development:An International Perspective. Division, Department of Economic and Social Affairs Population, united nations.
- Rawat, R. (2005). Capital city relocation: Global-local prespectives in the search for an alternative modernity. toronto Canada: Department of geography, York University.
- (2005). Report of the Parks and Open Spaces Scrutiny Panel . london: Camden Strategy Unit .
- Sajida Iqbal Maria, M. I. (2006). PLANNING OF ISLAMABAD AND RAWALPINDI: WHAT WENT. 42nd ISoCaRP Congress 2006. Istanbul, Turkey .
- Theocharis Tsoutsosa, *. F. (2005). Environmental impacts from the solar energy technologies. Energy Policy, 289-296.
- Turner, T. (n.d.). Public Park History. Retrieved november 2011, from Eassys on cities and Landscapes by Tom Turner-a Post-Postmodren view of Design and Planning: hppt://www.gardenvisit.com
- Williams, E. R. (2000). ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING FOR SUSTAINABLE URBAN DEVELOPMENT. Caribbean Water and Wastewater Association 9th Annual Conference & Exhibition at Chaguaramas, Trinidad, 2 - 6 October 2000, (p. 35). Trinidad.
- Zahidi, T. (2000). Proposal for Development of Islamabad Muncipal Conservation Strategy. Working Paper Series#50.
- Article View: 40
- PDF Download: 68