The Role of Servant Leadership in Developing Management Information Systems
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 2776-2782
AbstractThe research aims to test the impact of servant leadership in management information systems, as well as to identify the level of servant leadership practice and management information systems in the Directorate of Communications and Information Systems in the Iraqi Ministry of Interior, in terms of the importance of the research variables to the directorate and the sample community, as the research adopted the exploratory analytical descriptive approach In his achievement, through a survey of the opinions of an intended quota sample of (266) individuals,By adopting the questionnaire as a main tool for data collection that includes (44) items divided into the two research variables, As well as conducting open interviews to identify the problems, strengths and weaknesses of the directorate about practicing the research variables, The statistical analysis of the most prominent result concluded that the Directorate of Communications and Information Systems adopted the practices of servant leadership, and was able to employ them to positively influence the development of its management information systems, and the researcher came up with a set of recommendations.
- Laudon, K.C. (2000). Management information systems: 4th Edition, Prentice, Hall, Inc, New jersey, U.S.A.
- Parker, C., & Case, T.L. (1993). "Management information systems: strategy and action”.
- Ghorab, K.A.S, Hegazy, F.M. (1997). Management Information Systems: An Analytical Introduction. First Edition, King Saud University Press, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Al-Oudayah, M.S. (2015). The Relationship of Management Information Systems with the Quality of Administrative Decisions - A Case Study of the Ministry of Higher Education in the Gaza Strip, this study presented as a brief of the requirements for obtaining a Master’s degree in Business Administration Sciences, Al-Azhar University - Gaza.
- Greenleaf, R.K. (1977). Servant Leadership: A Journey into the Nature of Legitimate Power and Greatness. Paulist Press.
- Ciulla, J.B. (1995). ‘Leadership ethics: mapping the territory’. Business Ethics Quarterly, 5, 5–25.
- Page, D., & Wong, T.P. (2000). A conceptual framework for measuring servant leadership. In S. Adjibolosoo (Ed.), The Human Factor in Shaping the Course of History and Development, 1-28. Lanham, MD: University Press of America.
- Wekesa, S.O. & Namusonge, G.S. & Iravo. M.E. (2013). Role of servant leadership on organizational commitment: An Exploratory survey of state corporation in Kenya. International journal of Humanities and social science, V3, N13.
- Barbuto Jr, J.E., &wheeler, D.W. (2006). "Scale development and construct clarification of servant leadership", Group & organization management, V.3, N.3.
- Spears, L. (2010). Character and Servant Leadership: Ten Characteries of Effective, Caring Leaders. The Journal of Virtues & Leadership, 1(1), 25-30.
- Ehrhart M.G. (2004). "Leadership and procedural justice climate as antecedents of unit-level organizational citizenship behavior”. Personnel Psychology, 57: 61–95. http:/doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.2004.tb02484.x
- Patterson, K. (2003). Servant Leadership: A Theoretical Model. School of Leadership Studies, Regent University, 1-10. www.regent.edu
- Covey, S.R. (2006). “Servant leadership: Use your voice to serve others”. Leadership Excellence, 23(12) 5-6.
- Kotter, J.P. (2001), "What leaders really d". Harvard Business Review, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Bee, R., Bee, f. (1999). Managing Information and Statistic Trowbridge: Cromwell press.
- Hussein, Laith Saadallah, (2021), Information Systems Analysis and Design - Entries and Methodologies - First Edition Tools and Technologies, Academics House for Publishing and Distribution, Amman, Jordan.
- Al-Maghribi, Abdel-Hamid Abdel-Fattah, (2011). Management Information Systems, a functional administrative entry, first edition, Modern Library, Cairo - Egypt.
- Article View: 112
- PDF Download: 72