Study Of Non-Performing Asset (Npa) Mitigation Practices In Co-Operative Banks In Thane, Maharashtra, India
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 2744-2747
AbstractNon-Performing Assets (NPA) refers to the categorization of Credit/ loans or advances in the books of a lender (financial institutions/banks) in which there is no payment of interest and principal have been made and are “past due” for a specified period of time.
NPA is employed by financial institutions that ask loans that are in jeopardy of default. There is no doubt that increasing NPA has become a matter of concern for any bank or financial institution whether it is commercial or co-operative. There are instances where many co-operative banks have faced strict action and closure from the central bank.
The present paper is an attempt to study and analyze the causes of NPA in selected co-operative banks in Thane. It studies the causes of NPA at the micro level for co-operative banks and brings out the main causes liable for assets turning into non- performing. This paper further highlights the importance of NPA in Credit risk management mitigation in Cooperative banks in Thane. The findings of this paper will significantly contribute to the effective asset allocation to cooperative bank and help them to grow and succeed.
- Aditi Ahooja (2011), A dissertation submitted on “A Study of Indian Banking Sector-Performance Analysis since Liberalization” to Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, (Haryana).
- Anshu Bansal (2012) “A Study On Recent Trends In Risk Management Of Non-Performing Assets by Public Sector in India”. Journal of Information and Operations Management Volume 3, Issue 1, pp-50–56.
- Ashly Lynn Joseph and Dr. M. Prakash (2014) “A study on Analyzing the Trend of NPA level in Private Sector Banks and Public Sector Banks”. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publication, Volume 4, Issue 7.
- Chandan Tiwari and Vivek Sharma (2015), “A Study on the Causes of NPA in Selected Commercial Banks in Pune” International Journal of Advance Research in Computer Science and Management Studies, Vol. 3, Issue 5, pp. 255-259.
- Sonia Narula and Monika Singla (2014) “Empirical Study on Non-Performing Assets of a Bank”. International Journal of Advance Research in Computer Science and Management Studies. Volume 2, Issue 1, pp 194-199.
- Sambasiva Rao K., Rao Y.V and Phani Kumar (2012), “Management of Non-Performing Assets in Indian Banks – A Qualitative Analysis” IIM Journal. Vol. 1. No. 1 July-December.
- Shalini H. S. (2013) “A study on causes and remedies for non-performing assets in Indian public sector banks with special reference to agricultural development branch, state bank of Mysore”. International Journal of Business and Management Invention Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.26-38.
- Siraj K and P Pillai (2012) “A Study on the Performance of Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) of Indian Banking during Post Millennium Period”. International Journal of Business and Management Tomorrow. Vol. 2 No. 3.
- Article View: 70
- PDF Download: 89