Document Type : Research Article
1 Department of Economics, MJP Rohilkhand University , Bareilly
2 Department of Business Administration, MJP Rohilkhand University, Bareilly
3 Department of Economics, MJP Rohilkhand University, Bareilly
4 Department of Law, MJP Rohilkhand University, Bareilly
Higher education in India has expanded enormously since independence and enlarged in size but, this enlarged size of the university campuses in India, is now facing financial crisis which is increasing more as visible in most of the developing countries. University industry linkage may be an alternative to this crisis. Establishing an effective & successful collaboration between universities and industries in order to remain competitive and financially viable is an alternative. But this relation will sustain if appropriate steps will be taken by both sides (Universities & industries) to benefit mutual interests with objective to serve the society.
This paper makes an attempt to present the perception of higher education faculty members about the importance of University-Industry linkage and it is an effort to discuss the ways and means for making a strong university - industry linkage.
- Agrawal, A. (2001), “University‐to‐industry knowledge transfer: literature review and unanswered questions”, International Journal of Management Reviews, Vol. 3 No. 4, pp. 285‐302.
- Atlan, Taylan (1987) Bring Together Industry and University Engineering Schools,” inGetting More Out of R&D and Technology, The Conference Board, Research Report #904
- Barber, Albert. A. (1985) University-Industry Research Cooperation, Journal of Society of Research Administrators.
- Baldwin, Donald. R. and James, W. Green. (1984) University-Industry Relations: A Review of Literature, Journal of Society of Research Administrators.
- Bartlett, Joseph W. (1988 November) Joint Ventures With Industry, High Technology Business.
- Berman, Evan. M. (1990) R&D Consortia: Impact on Competitiveness, Journal of Technology Transfer.
- Blackman, C. and N. Segal (1993). Industry and Higher Education. Pergamon Press, London.
- Chan, Sinchen, (1990), The factor influencing university and industry cooperative performance Research, Unpublished thesis, Graduate School of Business Administration, National Chungchi University, Taiwan.
- Cumming, B. (1998), “Innovation overview and future challenges”, European Journal of Innovation management, Vol. 1 No. 1, pp. 21‐9.
- Dahlman, Carl. and Anuja, Utz. (2005) India and the Knowledge Economy Leveraging Strengths and opportunities, WBI Development Studies, World Bank. Washington D.C.
- David, J. and Johnson, J.J. (1997), “A theoretical framework linking creativity, empowerment, and organizational memory”, Creativity and Innovation Management, Vol. 6 No. 4, pp. 32‐44.
- Hall, B.H. (2004), “University‐industry research partnerships in the United States”, Economics Working Papers, European University Institute, Florence.
- Joshi, K.M. (2007) An Exploration of Private Sector Financing of Higher Education in the Philippines and Its Policy Implications for India, Journal of Faculty of Educational Sciences, Ankara Üniversitesi, volume 40, Issue 2, 2007.
- Joshi, K.M. and Kinjal, Ahir (2007) Economics of Privatization – An Introspection of Indian Higher Education, Indian Development Review: An International Journal of Development Economics, Volume 5, No. 2, 2007.
- Joshi, K.M. (2008) Higher Education Reforms in India- Have We Effectively Addressed Equity and Quality ? OSED, Working Paper No.- 3/8, November, 2008.
- Laestadius, S. (2004), “Book review: Innovation Management in the Knowledge Economy: Series on Technology Management, Vol. 7; Ben Dankbaar (Ed); Imperial College Press, London, 2003, 371 pages (including index), hardcover, ISBN 1‐86094‐359‐4”, Technovation, Vol. 24 No. 7, pp. 593‐4.
- Matkin, G. (1990), Technology Transfer and the University, Macmillan Publishing, New York, NY.
- Peters, Lois S. and Herbert, I. Fusfeld. (1982) University-Industry Research Relationships, National Science Foundation
- Tilak, J.B.G. (1996) ‘Higher education under structural adjustment’, Journal of Indian School of Political Economy, Vol. 8, No. 2
- Working Group Report on ‘Enabling and Enhancing University and Industry Linkages’ (2019), University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India
- Wu, Feng-Shang (1994), Technological Cooperation: Model and Trend, the Third Symposium on Industrial Management, Funjung University, Taiwan.