Study on HR policies and practices with reference to Excel Engineering and Equipments, Coimbatore
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 2599-2607
AbstractHuman resource policies are continuing guidelines on the approach the organization intends to adopt in managing its people. It represents specific guidelines to HR managers various matters concerning employments. It states that intend of the organization about different aspects of Human Resource management such as recruitment, promotion, compensation, training, selections etc. They define the conception and value of the organization on how people and things should be treated. Therefore, it serves as a reference point when human resources management practices are being developed or when decisions are being made about people. A good HR policy could provide generalized guidance on the approach adopted by the organization, and therefore its employees, concerning various aspects of employments. A procedure spells out precisely what action should be taken in line with the policy. The main objective of the study is to understand the problem and to analyze the perception of employees on HR practices implemented. For this purpose a sample of 124 was collected from respondents were percentage analysis, descriptive statistics and Kruskall Wallis test and one-way ANOVA were used as tools to analyze the data and the conclusion is that Evaluation and periodic assessment are important for improvement and effectiveness.
- Chasick,Douglas D .,“HR Policy is Ideal Guide for Professionals”,International Journal of Manpower,Volume.1,Issue.32,2000,pp.12-15.
- David,”Writing the Collection Development Policy Collection Management”,Journal of Management Development ,Volume. 4, Issue.3,1992,pp. 37 - 48.
- DemirBarlas.,”Does an HR Policy Have to Be in Writing?”,The Academy of Management Journal ,Volume.38,Issue.2,1996,pp.11-19.
- Ingrid Cliff.,”Why Do I Need An Employee Manual”,International Journal of Human Resources Development and Management”,Volume.14,Issue.3,2005,pp.75-82
- James R. Ford.,” What an Effective Employee Handbook can do for your Business”,Personnel Journal ”,Volume.14,Issue.3,,2002,pp. 89-92
- John M. Carroll,et.al.,” The Minimal Policy Human-Computer Interaction”,Human Resource Development International journal, Volume. 25,Issue.4, 2001,pp 75-79.
- Prof. Amruta Bijwar. (2016). Design and Analysis of High Speed Low Power Hybrid Adder Using Transmission Gates. International Journal of New Practices in Management and Engineering, 5(03), 07 - 12. Retrieved from http://ijnpme.org/index.php/IJNPME/article/view/46
- Prof. Madhuri Zambre. (2016). Automatic Vehicle Over speed Controlling System using Microcontroller Unit and ARCAD. International Journal of New Practices in Management and Engineering, 5(04), 01 - 05. Retrieved from http://ijnpme.org/index.php/IJNPME/article/view/47
- Mr. Dharmesh Dhabliya, Prof. Ojaswini Ghodkande. (2016). Prevention of Emulation Attack in Cognitive Radio Networks Using Integrated Authentication . International Journal of New Practices in Management and Engineering, 5(04), 06 - 11. Retrieved from http://ijnpme.org/index.php/IJNPME/article/view/48
- LaMenta.,” Use Your Human Resource Policy to Communicate with Your People”,International Journal for Human Resources,Volume.4,Issue.3,1999,p.10
- Maria De Gostini,et.al.,”Policy preference and skill development in IT industry”,Asia Pacific Business Review , Volume.8,Issue.1,1992,pp. 41 – 57
- Susan J.Stabilet.,” The Policy and Procedure Manual-An Essential Management Resource”,International Journal of Human Resources Development and Management, Volume.12, Issue.1,1999,pp.418-424
- Yanxin Zhang, Simon M. Hsiang.,”Are HR Manuals a Form of an Employment Contract?”, International Journal of Human Resources,2008 ,Volume.1, Issue.2 2008, pp.197 - 215.
- Article View: 95
- PDF Download: 362