Study of the Relationship between Islamic Leadership Model and Tendency towards Entrepreneurship among the Ministry of SAMT Staff
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 4, Pages 82-90
AbstractNowadays, in order to manage the emerging crises in the organizations and successfully adapt to the changes and evolutions, organizations need to encourage their actors to be creative, innovative, risk-taking, responsible, and ultimately entrepreneurial. According to the thinkers, Islamic leadership, with components such as delegation of authority and responsibility, discipline and seriousness, consultation and decision-making is a key factor to entrepreneurship in the organizations. Therefore, the aim of this research is to study the relationship between Islamic leadership model and tendency towards entrepreneurial among the staff of the SAMT Ministry. The research method is a survey and the statistical population includes 1873 employees, of whom 320 people have been selected as a sample of study based on simple random sampling method. Findings indicate that there is a significant direct correlation between the managers' Islamic leadership model and the tendency of employees towards entrepreneurship. Also, the level of the Islamic leadership model followed by the managers could explain 30% of the changes made by the staff's tendency towards entrepreneurship.
- Karim, M.S.A. (2016). Entrepreneurship education in an engineering curriculum. Procedia Economics and Finance, 35, 379-387.
- Alvani, S.M., Safari, S., Hooshenjad, R.K., & Khodamoradi, S. (2016). Factors Affecting Organizational Entrepreneurship: A Case Study of Food Industry. Quarterly Journal of Management Studies (Improvement and Transformation, Year, 25(82), 1-27.
- Fry, L.W. (2003). Toward a theory of spiritual leadership. The leadership quarterly, 14(6), 693-727.
- Gholamian, S.A.A., Veisi, R., & Nazoktabar, H. (2007). Organizational Entrepreneurship Culture. Tadbir Magazine, 188.
- Hill, M.E. (2003). The development of an instrument to measure interpeneurship: Entrepreneurship within the corporate setting.
- Hassani, M., Bahadori, R., & Kazemzadehbeytali, M. (2016). Relationship between Transformational Leadership and Organizational Identity with Organizational Entrepreneurship among the Faculty Members of Tabriz University. Journal of Entrepreneurship Development, 9(3), 433-452.
- Hosseini, S.Y., & Laghab, Z.K. (2017). Identifying the factors affecting the intention of leadership and entrepreneurship among the female students (Case study: Management students of state universities in Tehran). Women and Society Quarterly, 8th year(2), 35-56.
- Aqdam, S.S.H. (2011). Comparing the Organizational Entrepreneurship in State and Islamic Azad Universities of Tabriz and the Relationship between Employees' Personality Traits. M.A Thesis, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad.
- Kafash, M., Zamani, F., & Saeedabadi, R.Y. (2017). Investigating the impact of spiritual leadership and resilience on organizational excellence in Islamic Azad universities of Khorasan Razavi province. Educational Research Journal, 12th Year(50), 115-140.
- Jaiswal, N.K. & Dhar, R.L. (2017), "The influence of servant leadership, trust in leader and thriving on employee creativity". Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 38(1), 2-21.
- Marzban, S., Herchaghan, M.M., & Akbari, M. (2015). The effect of spiritual leadership on organizational entrepreneurship among the employees of the University of Tehran. Entrepreneurship Development, 8th Year(4), 709-727.
- Mazrouqi, R., Torkzadeh, J., & Pirnejad, Z. (2015). Codification and validation of the model of Islamic spiritual leadership in the organization from the perspective of Nahj al-Balaghah. Quarterly Journal of Nahj al-Balaghah, 3rd Year (12), 43-70.
- Monavvarian, A., Aghazadeh, H., & Shahamatnezhad, M. (2012). Measure strategic thinking in Tehran municipality managers. Journal of Business Management, 4(12), 129-146.
- Mehrara, A., Dianati, R., & Shafiepour, S.F. (2018). Investigating the Relationship between Transformational Leadership model and Organizational Citizenship Behavior in Tehran Municipality. New Research Approaches in Management and Accounting, 6, 186-201.
- Nahid, M. (2009). What and why entrepreneurship and organizational entrepreneurship at a glance. Business Review, 34, 58-39.
- Pouranjanar, G., Joudzadeh, M., & Pouranjanar, A. (2016) Investigating the Relationship between Transformational Leadership and Creativity, Innovation and Organizational Entrepreneurship. Journal of Business Studies, 77, 79-93.
- Nurlasera, M. (2019). Exploring theory of spiritual leadership: constructing a model. In 16th International Symposium on Management (INSYMA 2019), 91-94.
- Ofjeii, S.A.A. (2009). Islamic Management, Tehran: Jihad Daneshgahi, Allameh Tabatabai University.
- Rey-Martí, A., Ribeiro-Soriano, D., & Sánchez-García, J.L. (2016). Giving back to society: Job creation through social entrepreneurship. Journal of Business Research, 69(6), 2067-2072.
- Sciascia, S., Cuadrado, M.J., Khamashta, M., & Roccatello, D. (2014). Renal involvement in antiphospholipid syndrome. Nature Reviews Nephrology, 10(5), 279-289.
- Rastegar, A., Mazlumian, S., Ghasemi, N., & Seif, M.H. (2015). Causal Model of Servant Leadership Relationships, Psychological Empowerment and Entrepreneurship of the Organization. Journal of Health Management, Year 18(61), 69-81.
- Selajageh, S., Kuhbanani, S.M & Naderipour, R. (2011). Investigating the Impact of Entrepreneurship on Organizational Culture. Message from Technical and Executive Managers, 29 & 30, 52-55.
- Shahbazi, M., & Nazem, F. (2017). Investigating the Relationship between Spiritual Leadership and Organizational Climate with Citizenship Behavior among the Employees of Education Departments of Tehran. Family and Research Quarterly, 34, 69-87.
- Veisi, R., & Karimzadeh, K. (2010). Development of entrepreneurial culture; Factors and Strategies (Case Study: Payame Noor University of Mazandaran Province). Planning and Budget, 15(2 and 3): 182-159.
- Wang, M., Guo, T., Ni, Y., Shang, S., & Tang, Z. (2019). The effect of spiritual leadership on employee effectiveness: An intrinsic motivation perspective. Frontiers in psychology, 9, 2627.
- Rahro, A.H.Z., Radmard, S.Q., & Ardakani, M.A. (2013). The role of organizational culture in organizational entrepreneurship. Human Resource Studies, 3(9), 16-1.
- Zarei, M.A., Ofjeh, S.A.A., Khashei, V., & Tehrani, M.D. (2019). Designing a Model of Islamic Strategic Leadership in the Organization: Based on Content Analysisi of the Malik Ashtar Agreement. Strategic Management Thought, 13th Year(2), 94-73.
- Ziaei, M.S., Nargesian, A., & Isfahani, S.A. (2008). The Role of Spiritual Leadership in Empowering the Staff of the University of Tehran. Journal of Public Administration (Management Knowledge), 1(1), 67-86.
- Zehir, C., Can, E., & Karaboga, T. (2015). Linking entrepreneurial orientation to firm performance: the role of differentiation strategy and innovation performance. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 210, 358-367.
- Article View: 258
- PDF Download: 126