A Highly Selective 8th Order Band-Pass Filter for Lightning Remote Sensing Applications
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 2319-2324
AbstractRecently, it has been discovered there was an emission of microwave radiation in advance of the lightning process. Therefore, a lot of researches focus on designing alarm systems that can detect and analyze these radiated signals. The previous designs based on commercial band-pass filters which have low accuracy factor and quite expensive as well as the detected signal were tiny in amplitude, thus higher efficiency filters are needed with a flat frequency response for passed band frequencies between 950 MHz to 1050 MHz in order to avoid the GSM band which generates a high interference to the mentioned detection system. In this research, a band-pass filter has been designed and tested for measurement with a center frequency of 1 GHz and by using Advance Design System (ADS) to be simulated and then fabricated on FR-4 substrate. The measurement came with good compatibility to the simulation results at return loss of -34.747 dB and also the insertion loss of -3.83 dB. This design also works perfectly for the Lightning detection sensor of Narrow Bipolar Event (NBE).
- Ahmad, M. R., Esa, M. R. M., Cooray, V., & Dutkiewicz, E. (2014). Interference from cloud-to-ground and cloud flashes in wireless communication system. Electric Power Systems Research, 113(September 2010), 237–246. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2014.03.022
- Al-Amin, R., Omar, M., & Chowdhury, F. (2016). Design and Simulation of Fifth Order Band-Pass Filter for S Band. Iject, 7(1), 56–60. Retrieved from http://www.iject.org/vol71/1/13-md-rasheduzzaman-al-amin.pdf
- Al-Shaikhli, T. R., Zakaria, Z., Ahmad, B. H., Ahmad, M. R., Murtdha, M., & Al-Taweel, M. H. (2018). Design of 1GHz low noise amplifier for microwave applications. Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, 10(7 Special Issue), 647–651. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1521-3765(19990104)5:1<198::AID-CHEM198>3.0.CO;2-5
- Al-Shaikhli, T. R., Ahmad, B. H., & Al-Taweel, M. H. (2020). Experimental Study on Electromagnetic Metal Forming (EMF). International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, Vol. 29, No. 8, 5150-5159
- Ahmad, B. H., Al-Shaikhli, T. R., Hassan, N., Ibrahim, A. M., Lim, P. E., & Nordin, N. S. (2021). A review on echo and phase inverted scanning in acoustic microscopy for failure analysis. Przegląd Elektrotechniczny, Vol. 1(3), 11-16
- Chen, J., & Liao, S. S. (2016). Design of Compact Printed 2 . 4 GHz Band-pass filter using LC resonator, 377–379.
- Garg, A., Pratap, B., & Gupta, D. (2016). Design of parallel coupled line band pass filter. Proceedings - 2016 2nd International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Technology, CICT 2016, 452–454. https://doi.org/10.1109/CICT.2016.96
- Moitra, S., Nath, A., Rout, S. R., & Bhowmik, P. S. (2017). Band pass filter design using half mode substrate integrated waveguide (HMSIW) with periodically loaded F-EBG structures. 2016 IEEE Students’ Technology Symposium, TechSym 2016, 192–195. https://doi.org/10.1109/TechSym.2016.7872680
- Moore, B. C. J. (2015). An Introduction to Lightning. New York. https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511623806
- Taghizadeh, M., Moloudian, G., & Rouzbeh, A. R. (2015). Design and Simulation of Band-Pass Filter using Micro-Strip Lines. International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing, 4(11), 331–337.
- Vaghela, D. C., Sisodia, A. K., & Prabhakar, N. M. (2015). Design , Simulation and Development of Bandpass Filter at 2 . 5 GHz, 3(2), 1202–1209.
- Verma, A., Srivastava, D., & Engineering, C. (2015). Designing , Simulation and Fabrication of Hairpin Band Pass Filter Using, 2(11), 195–198.
- Article View: 110
- PDF Download: 86