Document Type : Research Article
1 Tishk International University, Sulaimaniyah, Iraq
2 Komar University of Science and Technology, Sulaimaniyah, Iraq
3 Tishk International University, Erbil, Iraq
The paper aims to understand the impact of trust, perceived risk, and perceived technology on the customer intention for online shopping. The online shopping habits are new and emerging in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. In this regard, the data collected to from the region to understand the main reasons those drive of slow the customers to purchase online. The results have shown that perceived risk effected customers’ online shopping intentions negatively. Secondly, perceived technology was affecting the intentions positively. Lastly, it was observed that trust was positively related with the online purchase intentions.
- Ali, B, J. (2021). Impact of consumer animosity, boycott participation, boycott motivation, and product judgment on purchase readiness or aversion of Kurdish consumers in Iraq. Journal of Consumers Affaires; 1–20. https://doi.org/10.1111/joca.12350
- Ali, B. (2020). Impact of COVID-19 on Consumer Buying Behavior Toward Online Shopping in Iraq. Ali, BJ (2020). Impact of COVID-19 on consumer buying behavior toward online shopping in Iraq. Economic Studies Journal, 18(42), 267-280.
- Ali, B. J. (2014). Brand Building in the Consumer Electronics Industry in Iraq. Retrieved from https://www.amazon.com/Brand-Building-Consumer-Electronics-Industry/dp/6200248699
- Ali, B. J., & Anwar, G. (2021). The Effect of Marketing Culture Aspects of Healthcare Care on Marketing Creativity. International Journal of English Literature and Social Sciences, 6(2), 171–182. https://doi.org/10.22161/ijels.62.25
- Ali, B.J. (2021) Assessing (The impact) of advertisement on customer decision making: Evidence from an educational institution. Afak for sciences journal, 6(1): 425-439. Retrieved from https://www.asjp.cerist.dz/en/article/141056
- Ali, H., Rashid, W. E. W., & Jusoff, K. (2009). Total quality management in the Malaysian automobile industry. International Business Research.
- Budur, T. (2018). Analytic Hierarchy Process to Evaluate Corporate Image, Trust, and Switching Cost of GSM Operators: A Case of Kurdistan Region of Iraq. International Journal of Social Sciences & Educational Studies, 5(2), 241-250
- Budur, T. (2020). Impact of Transformational Leadership on Customer Satisfaction: Mediating effects of Employee Performance and Organizational Citizenship Behaviors. (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). International Burch University.
- Budur, T., & Poturak, M. (2021). Employee Performance and Customer Loyalty: Mediation effect of Customer Satisfaction. Middle East Journal of Management.
- Budur, T., Demir, A., & Cura, F. (2021). University Readiness to Online Education during Covid-19 Pandemic. International Journal of Social Sciences and Educational Studies, 8(1), 180-200.
- Budur, T., Faraj, K. M., & Karim, L. A. (2019). Benchmarking operations strategies via hybrid model: A case study of café-restaurant sector, 8, 842–854.
- Budur, T., Rashid, C. A., & Poturak, M. (2018). Students perceptions on university selection, decision making process: A case study in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. International Journal of Social Sciences & Educational Studies, 5(1), 133–144.
- C.K.SUNITHA, & Gnanadhas, Edwin. (2014). Online Shopping - An Overview. B-DIGEST. 6. 16-22.
- Chang, J. (1970). Online shopping: advantages over the offline alternative. The Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 8(2)
- Chen, J. and Dibb, S., 2010. Consumer trust in the online retail context: Exploring the antecedents and consequences. Psychology & Marketing, 27(4), pp.323-346.
- Choon Ling, K., Bin Daud, D., Hoi Piew, T., Keoy, K. and Hassan, P., 2011. Perceived Risk, Perceived Technology, Online Trust for the Online Purchase Intention in Malaysia. International Journal of Business and Management, 6(6).
- Choon Ling, K., Bin Daud, D., Hoi Piew, T., Keoy, K., & Hassan, P. (2011). Perceived COVID-19 has changed online shopping forever, survey shows | UNCTAD. (2021).
- Demir A, Shawkat S, Majeed BN, Budur T. 2019. Fuzzy AHP and VIKOR to select best location for bank investment: case study in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. In Effective Investments on Capital Markets, Tarczyn’sk W, Nermend K (eds). Springer: Cham; 485-510.
- Demir, A. (2019). A Benchmarking of service quality in telecommunication services: Case study in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. International Journal of Social Sciences & Educational Studies, 5(3), 216-231.
- Demir, A. (2019). THE IMPACT OF STRATEGIC OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT DECISIONS ON SHOPPERS'WELLBEING. Asian Academy of Management Journal, 24(1).
- Demir, A. (2020). Impact of internal marketing on the customer perceptions in SMEs. International Journal of Services and Operations Management, 10.
- Demir, A. (2020). Inter-continental review for diffusion rate and internal-external benefits of ISO 9000 QMS. International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, 10.
- Demir, A., & Mukhlis, M. (2017). An evaluation of gated communities as a product: An empirical study in Sulaimaniyah, Iraq. Theoretical and Empirical Researches in Urban Management, 12(3), 63-84.
- Demir, A., Budur, T., & Heshmati, A. (2021). Antecedents of trust, corporate image, and switching costs: a case in telecommunication services in the Kurdistan region of Iraq. International Journal of Mobile Communications, 19(1), 53-74.
- Demir, A., Budur, T., Hiwa, M., & Heshmati, A. (2021). Links between Knowledge Management and Organizational Sustainability: Does the ISO 9001 certification have an effect? Knowledge Management Research & Practice (TKMR), Doi: 10.1080/14778238.2020.1860663
- Demir, A., Maroof, L., Khan, N. U. S., & Ali, B. J. (2020). The role of E-service quality in shaping online meeting platforms: a case study from higher education sector. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education.
- Demir, A., Shawkat, S., Majeed, B. N., & Budur, T. (2019). Fuzzy AHP and VIKOR to select best location for bank investment: case study in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. In Effective investments on capital markets (pp. 485-510). Springer, Cham.
- Ecommerce 101: What It Is + History of Online Shopping (2021). (2021). Retrieved 5 April 2021, from https://www.bigcommerce.com/articles/ecommerce /
- Everard, A., & Galletta, D. F. (2005). How presentation flaws affect perceived site quality, trust, and intention to purchase from an online store. Journal of management information systems, 22(3), 56-95.
- Friedman, B., Khan Jr, P. H., & Howe, D. C. (2000). from https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20200722-the-curious-origins-of-online-
- Grabner-Kraeuter, S. The Role of Consumers' Trust in Online-Shopping. Journal of Business Ethics 39, 43–50 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1016323815802
- Hoffman, D. L., Novak, T. P., & Peralta, M. (1999). Building consumer trust online. Communications of the ACM, 42(4), 80-85.
- Ijaz, M. F., & Rhee, J. (2018). Constituents and consequences of Online-shopping in Sustainable E-Business: An experimental study of Online-Shopping Malls. Sustainability, 10(10), 3756.
- Im, I., Kim, Y., & Han, H. (2008). The effects of perceived risk and technology type on users’ acceptance of technologies. Information & Management, 45(1), 1-9. doi: 10.1016/j.im.2007.03.005
- International Journal of Business and Management, 6(6). doi: 10.5539/ijbm.v6n6p167
- Jilcott Pitts, S. B., Ng, S. W., Blitstein, J. L., Gustafson, A., Kelley, C. J., Pandya, S., & Weismiller, H. (2020).
- Kim, M. J., Chung, N., & Lee, C. K. (2011). The effect of perceived trust on electronic commerce: Shopping online for tourism products and services in South Korea. Tourism Management, 32(2), 256-265.
- Lim, N. (2003). Consumers’ perceived risk: sources versus consequences. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 2(3), 216-228. doi: 10.1016/s1567-4223(03)00025-5 Lufkin, B. (2021). The curious origins of online shopping. Retrieved 18 March 2021,
- Mohammed, S. S., & Shahin, O. (2020). Service Quality Perspectives in Telecommunication Sector: Trust and Loyalty Investigation. Amazonia Investiga, 9(28), 394-403.
- Nguyen, H. V., Tran, H. X., Van Huy, L., Nguyen, X. N., Do, M. T., & Nguyen, N. (2020). Online Book Shopping in Vietnam: The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic Situation. Publishing Research Quarterly, 36, 437-445.
- Paek, H., & Hove, T. (2017, March 29). Risk Perceptions and Risk Characteristics. Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Communication. Retrieved 5 Apr. 2021, from https://oxfordre.com/communication/view/10.1093/acrefore/9780190228613.001.0001/acrefore-9780190228613-e-283.
- Rahman, M. T. (2016). Customers’ attitude towards online shopping: The case of Bangladesh. World, 6(2).
- Rashid, C. A., Salih, H. A., & Budur, T. (2020). The Role of Online Teaching Tools on the Perception of the Students during the Lockdown of Covid-19. International Journal of Social Sciences & Educational Studies, 7(3), 178–190.
- Renko, S., & Druzijanic, M. (2014). Perceived usefulness of innovative technology in retailing: Consumers׳ and retailers׳ point of view. Journal Of Retailing And Consumer Services, 21(5), 836-843. doi: 10.1016/j.jretconser.2014.02.015
- Severinus, D. J., Faisal, Z. B. B., Rumaizi, A. D. B., & YUSOFF, P. R. B. M. (2020). CUSTOMER PURCHASING BEHAVIOUR IN ONLINE SHOPPING DURING PANDEMIC (COVID-19).
- Thagard, P. (2021). What Is Trust?. Retrieved 5 April 2021, from https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hot-thought/201810/what-is-trust
- The Economic Times. 2021. What is Risk? Definition of Risk, Risk Meaning - The Economic Times. [online] Available at: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/definition/risk [Accessed 5 April 2021].
- THE MEANINGS OF TRUST D. HARRISON MCKNIGHT NORMAN L. CHERVANY University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management 395 Hubert H. Humphrey Center 271-19th Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55455 (612) 624-4074
- Torlak, N. G., Demir, A., & Budur, T. (2019). Impact of operations management strategies on customer satisfaction and behavioral intentions at café-restaurants. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management. Vol. 69 No. 9, pp. 1903-1924.
- Torlak, N.G., Demir, A. and Budur, T. (2021), "Using VIKOR with structural equation modeling for constructing benchmarks in the Internet industry", Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/BIJ-09-2020-0465