Applying an Executive Sustainable Development Model to Executive Organizations based on Corporate Social Responsibility, and Green Management with Mediating Role of ISO 26000 and Comparing it
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 2010-2024
AbstractObjective: Nowadays, insufficient attention to environmental issues and CSR in governmental organizations have undermined their performances and credibility. This research aims to comparatively study a sustainable development executive model based on CSR and green management with mediating role of ISO 26000 among executive organizations.
Methods: This is a developmental-applied research with a comparative-inductive logic for data collection. This study uses a descriptive survey method. The statistical population consists of two samples of 32 experts and 360 managers, and deputies of provincial executive organizations. Data collection tools included a questionnaire of CSR, green management, and ISO 26000. Confirmatory factor analysis and structural equation modeling were used to analyze the data using SPSS and AMOS software.
Results: The results indicate that social responsibility can predict green management in executive organizations. There is a significant relationship between these two variables with mediating role of ISO 26000. CSR has a positive and significant effect on green management and ISO 26000. Among the dimensions of social responsibility (leadership and intra-organizational processes), the dimensions of green management (leadership) and the dimensions of ISO 26000 (organizational governance) have the highest priorities. There is a significant relationship between the three levels of development in provinces in which this model was applied to their executive organizations.
Originality/Value: Defining a sustainable development model and applying it to executive organization in Iran for the first time which adds to the dissemination of developmental research.
- Abdollah Zadeh, GH. and Sharif Zadeh, A. (2012). Regionalization Levels in Iran (Application of Combined Indicator Approach). Urban and Regional Studies. 4(13):41-62.
- Ahmadi K., Alvani S.M., and Memarzadeh Tehrani Gh. (2011). The Evolutionary Course of Corporate Social Responsibility and Providing a Model for its Conceptual Development in Iranian Corporation. Quarterly Journal of Industrial Management, Faculty of Humanities, Islamic Azad University, Sanandaj Branch, Sixth Year, No. 18: 98-116.
- Anadol, A., Youssef, M.A. and Thiruvattal, E. (2015). “Consumer reaction towards corporate social responsibility in United Arab Emirates”, Social Responsibility Journal, 11(1), pp: 19 – 35.
- Arena, M.; Azzone, G. & Mapelli F. (2019). Corporate Social Responsibility strategies in the utilities sector: A comparative study. Sustainable Production and Consumption, 18, 83–95.
- Aslipour H., and Khan Mohammadi. H., (2018). Structural-interpretive analysis of policy on strategic issues at the national level (case study: Environmental issues of the country). Scientific-Research Quarterly Journal of Management Improvement. Volume 12. No. 3 consecutive: 41.
- Bahrinizadeh M., Nusratabadi, S. and Shakeri S. (2014). The Role of Green Marketing in Organizational Social Responsibility: Developing a Conceptual Model. International Management Conference, Tehran, Mobin Cultural Ambassadors Institute.
- Barthorpe, S. (2010). Implementing corporate social responsibility in the UK construction industry. Property Management, Vol. 28; No. 1, pp. 4-17.
- Bazrafkan M., Iman M. (2017). Critical study of corporate social responsibility and development (an ethnographic study in Assaluyeh region). Social Development Quarterly (Human Development), Volume 11, Number 4, 27-70.
- Chavosh Bashi, F. (2008). Income on Social Responsibility at the Corporate Level. Department of Cultural and Social Research, Research Institute for Strategic Research, Expediency Discernment Council. Journal of Social Responsibility, No. 2 (35): 890414.
- Consortium for Evaluation & Credit of Companies (Kavosh). (2015). Exploration: ISO Consulting and Granting, Link: https://ikavosh.com/
- Environmental Protection Organization (2017) Analytical report of managers, "Green management to reduce costs and negative effects on the environment." Government Information Database-News Code: 344dbb1.
- Fathollahi, J., Kafili V. and. Taghizadegan A.L. (2017). Development gap of Iranian provinces. Two specialized scientific quarterly journals on economic research, development and planning. Sixth year: First issue: 99-118.
- Fazli H. and Ansari M. (2018). Guide to Reporting Social Responsibility of the Company / Organization Based on Standards. GRI: 2018 Social Advisor to the Minister of Oil. Oil Industry Social Responsibility Secretariat.
- Ghorashi H. and Rahimi A. (2013). Renewable and nonrenewable energy status in Iran: Art of know-how and technology-gaps, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 729–736.
- Goletsis, Y. and M. Chletsos. (2011). Measurement of Development and Regional Disparities in Greek Periphery: Amultivariate Approach. Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, 45.
- Green Management Procedure (2018). Examples and implementation process Implementation of green management system in executive bodies and public non-governmental organizations, Environmental Protection Organization and the country's program and budget.
- Hasas Yeganeh Y. Barzegar, Q.A. (2013). Presenting the components and indicators of the social dimension of corporate responsibility and its current situation in Iran. Quarterly Journal of Social and Cultural Development Studies, Volume 2, Number 1: 209-234.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO). (2010). ISO 26000-Social responsibility. http://www.iso.org/iso/home/standards/iso26000.htm.
- International Sustainable Development Group. (2016). Development agenda after 2015. National Commission for UNESCO-Iran, link: http://www.sdsgroup.org/Pages/view.aspx?PostID=606.
- IPRC (Islamic Parliament Research Center). (2017). “Review of the document of the Sixth Economic, Social and Cultural Development Plan of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 2016-2017.” Sustainable development with an emphasis on the environment." Deputy of Economic Research; Office of Economic Studies. Subject Code: 230.
- Iran Green Management (2015), "Agenda: Explaining the operational plan of green management system, statistics, environment and sustainable development," Provinces News, Environment Organization. Link: ttp://igm.doe.ir/Portal/home/?news/194391/476840/499010
- Iran Green Management, (2017). About Green Management; Green management goals. Environmental Protection Organization Link: https://igm.doe.ir/Portal/home
- Iran Nejad, M and Tavasoli S. (2008). Social Responsibility and Green Management. Cultural and Social Research Group, Strategic Research Institute, Expediency Discovery, Social Responsibility Research. 4(33): 415-433.
- Iranian society for green management (ISGM). (2011). Green Management Model: Measurement Indices and Criteria. (Ed.) Mohammad Hasan Emami. http://www.iran-gma.com/library/?book_id=1430.
- Kamalzadeh, A.R. (2015). Green management (concepts, methods and practical models). Print: First edition: Khaniran (Avae Ghalam).
- Karakosta and D. Askounis, (2010). “Developing countries’ energy needs and priorities under a sustainable development perspective: A linguistic decision support approach,” Energy for Sustainable Development, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 330–338.
- Khan, S. (2010). Corporate Social Performance of Indian FMCG Companies Introduction of CSR, framework and Karmayog CSR Ratings with three top Indian FMCG companies CSR initiatives. Issues in Social and Environmental Accounting, 3(2), 180-201.
- Khanifar, H., Mirzaei N., Parishani A., and Pourbehruzan A. (2018). Pathology of internal research in the field of social responsibility with a hybrid approach. Journal of Management of Government Organizations. Volume 6. Number 3:83- 98.
- Madhoshi. M. Nowruz. (2015). Explaining the model of promoting the corporate social responsibility. Strategic Management Studies, No. 23: 34- 60.
- Mckelvey, H. (2007) ISO 26000: How the New Standard for Social Responsibility from the International Standards Organization Will Impact the Role of the Management Consultant and the Management Consulting Industry. Master of Business Administration in Management Consulting. Faculty of Commerce, Saint Mary’s University, 2007.
- Mehregan, S. (2013). Investigating the components of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and its relationship with various aspects of organizational performance and improving profitability in private hospitals in Tehran. Master Thesis, Faculty of Management and Economics, Azad University, Science and Research Branch
- Melissen. F; gawenja A.N.; Idemudia U. & Novakovic Y. (2018) Institutional Antecedents of the Corporate Social Responsibility Narrative in the Developing World Context: Implications for Sustainable Development. Business Strategy and the Environment. Bus. Strat. Env. 27, 657–676. Published online 19 December 2017 in Wiley Online Library. (wileyonlinelibrary.com) DOI: 10.1002/bse.2023.
- Memarzadeh Gh.R.Waziri Nezamdoost M. (2010). Investigation of Factors Affecting the Social Responsibility of Iranian Governmental Organizations (Tarasht Power Plant). University Jihad Scientific Information Database. Volume 1, Number 2 (consecutive 2): 64-80.
- Min, L.A. (2010). The Perception of Ethics and Social Responsibility of Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry Corporate Members in Relation to ISO 26000– Social Responsibility Adoption. PhD. Thesis: University Utara Malaysia.
- Minaei, N., Pourkiani, M., Zayandehroody, M., & Sheikhy, A. (2020). Presenting an Executive Sustainable Development Model Based on the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Green Management with Accountability in Executive Organizations. International Journal of Social Sciences (IJSS), 10(2).
- Mirzaei Daryani Sh., Amini A., Farahbakhsh M. (2015). Corporate social responsibility and the position of green human resource management. 3rd International Conference on Management, Economics and Accounting.
- Nasiri A. (2016). Establishing a green management system to achieve sustainable development. Master of Urban Services Deputy of Karaj Municipality, Borna News Agency, News Code, 399582.
- Nazm Far. H, Mohammadi Hamidi S., and Akbari M. (2018). Investigating development inequalities in the provinces of the country in order to achieve sustainable development. Strategic Assembly Quarterly. Research Center of the Islamic Consultative Assembly. Year 25. No. 94. 297- 339.
- Oginni, O.S. Omojowo, A.D. (2015). The Implementation of Sustainable Business Model among Industries in Cameroon. OIDA Int. J. Sustain. Dev., 8, 71–80.
- Omidvar A.R (2008). Promoting corporate social responsibility, complementing and replacing government policies and duties. Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility, Tehran: Strategic Research Institute of Expediency Discernment Assembly, Cultural and Social Research Group, No. 21: 9-85.
- Omidvar A.R (2014). Interview with Copper Industry Magazine on Corporate Social Responsibility. Director of the Center for Promoting Governance and Corporate Responsibility, Tehran: Center for Promoting Governance and Responsibility. Link: http://www.iran-gma.com/library/?book_id=1430.
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). (2008). Handbook on constructing composite indicators: methodology and user guide. European Commission. http://www.oecd.org/els/soc/handbookonconstructingcompositeindicatorsmethodologyanduserguide.htm.
- Plan and Budget Organization. (2016-2017). Ranking of the Country's Provinces Based on Statistical Indicators. http://library.mporg.ir/portal/tabid/172/ArticleType/ArticleView/ArticleID/118/Default.aspx.
- Pour Asghar Sangachin F. Ismaili p. Dinarvandi M. (2012). Assessing the level of development of the provinces of Iran with the approach of factor analysis. Journal of Land Management, Volume 4, Number 2: 5-26.
- Sharma, A., and Kiran, R. (2012) Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives of Major Companies of India with Focus on Health, Education and Environment. African Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences, 4(3), 95-105.
- Szczuka, M. (2015). Social Dimension of Sustainability in CSR Standards. Procedia Manufacturing3, 4800-4807, Elsevier. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2351978915005880.
- Tahmasebi, H. (2015). Towards sustainable development; Corporate Social Responsibility, a Requirement for Sustainable Development, Researcher and Consultant for Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility: Iranian Industrial Engineering News, Link: https://hamoont.blog.ir/1394/06/10/Csr –SD.
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). (2018). What Are the Sustainable Development Goals? http://www.UNDP.org/content/UNDP/en/home/sustainable-development-goals.html.
- Yazdanparast F. (2015). Application of Green Supply Chain in Development of Hospital Management Green Standards (Study: Bushehr Hospitals). Master Thesis in Industrial Management.
- Zappala, G. (2013). Corporate Citizenship the role of government: The Public Policy Case. Information and Research Services, Department of the Parliamentary Library. Australia. ISSN: 1328-7478, 2-36.
- Zhou Z., Luo B.N., and Li-Ping T.T. (2018). Corporate Social Responsibility Excites ‘Exponential’ Positive Employee Engagement: The Matthew Effect in CSR and Sustainable Policy. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management. Corp. Soc. Responsible. Environ. Mgmt. 25, 339–354. Published online 30 October (2017) in Wiley Online Library. (wileyonlinelibrary.com) DOI: 10.1002/csr.1464.
- Article View: 148
- PDF Download: 90