Investigating the Effect of the Relationship between Brand Visual Identities, Focus on Employees and Customers and Brand Personality on Organizational Commitment
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 1964-1974
AbstractCorporate brand identity is a key issue for any organization. Accordingly, its study is a profitable field of research. As a result, companies should pay special attention to brand identity management because it affects employees' commitment to the organization, their job satisfaction, and brand performance. The present study aimed to investigate the role of organizational commitment in the relationship between organizational brand identity, brand performance and job satisfaction of Shahr Bank employees. The present research is applied in terms of purpose and descriptive-correlational in terms of data collection. The statistical population of the study was the employees of Shahr Bank which was estimated to be 120 samples through Morgan table, and then the data were collected using cluster sampling method. A questionnaire was used to collect information, which was distributed among the sample after confirming its validity and reliability (Cronbach's alpha coefficient of 0.94%). Finally, after collecting data, the data were analyzed using structural equations (Smart PLS). To analyze the research data, two methods of descriptive statistics and inferential statistics have been used. The results show that brand identity has a positive effect on employee commitment, as well as sub-hypotheses of positive effect of focus on customer and employee, brand personality and having consistent relationships on the formation of brand identity were confirmed. Also positive effect of brand visual identity and human resource planning on the formation of brand identity was not confirmed according to the results. Finally, the hypotheses of a positive effect of employee commitment on brand performance and employee job satisfaction were confirmed.
- Cleff, T., Walter, N. and Xie, J. (2018). The Effect of Online Brand Experience on Brand Loyalty: A Web of Emotions. IUP Journal of Brand Management, 15(1), 56-70.
- Gavurova, B., Bacik, R., Fedorko, R. and Nastisin, L. (2018). The Customer's Brand Experience In The Light Of Selected Performance Indicators in The Social Media Environment. Journal of Competitiveness, 10(2), 72-84.
- Lee, S.A. and Jeong, M. (2014). Enhancing online brand experiences: An application of congruity theory. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 40, 49-58.
- Van der Westhuizen, L.M. (2018). Brand loyalty: exploring self-brand connection and brand experience. Journal of Product & Brand Management, 27(2), 172-184.
- Melewar, T.C., Foroudi, P., Gupta, S., Kitchen, P.J. and Foroudi, M.M. (2017). "Integrating identity, strategy and communications for trust, loyalty and commitment", European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 51 No. 3, pp. 572-604. https://doi.org/10.1108/EJM-08-2015-0616.
- Isabel Buil, Sara Catalán, EvaMartínez. (2016). The importance of corporate brand identity in business management: An application to the UK banking sector. BRQ Business Research Quarterly. Volume 19, Issue 1, January–March 2016, Pages 3-12.
- Aihwa Chang, Hsu-Hsin Chiang, Tzu-Shian Han. (2015). Investigating the dual-route effects of corporate branding on brand equity. Asia Pacific Management Review 20 (2015) 120e129.
- L. Hassaine, E. OLias, J. Quintero, V. Salas. (2014). Overview of power inverter topologies and control structures for grid connected photovoltaic systems. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 30 (2014) 796–807.
- Ali Rahnamaei, Gholamreza Zare Fatin, and Abdollah Eskandarian. (2019). SoC-based Controller of B4 Inverters for a Low-Cost PV System in Grid-connected Mode. Journal of Energy Management and Technology (JEMT), Vol. 3, Issue 3.
- Yeh, Y.P. (2015), “Corporate social responsibility and service innovation on customer loyalty: an empirical investigation in wealth management services”, International Journal of Bank Marketing, Vol. 33 No. 6, pp. 823-839.
- Zhang, S.S., van Doorn, J. and Leeflang, P.S. (2014). “Does the importance of value, brand and relationship equity for customer loyalty differ between Eastern and Western cultures?”, International Business Review, Vol. 23 No. 1, pp. 284-292.
- Jewell, R.D. and Saenger, C. (2014). Associative and dissociative comparative advertising strategies in broadening brand positioning. Journal of Business Research, Vol. 67 No. 7, pp. 1559-1566.
- Giovanis, A.N. and Athanasopoulou, P. (2014). Gaining customer loyalty in the e-tailing marketplace: the role of e-service quality, e-satisfaction and e-trust. International Journal of Technology Marketing, Vol. 9 No. 3, pp. 288-304.
- Foroudi, P., Melewar, T.C. and Gupta, S. (2014). Linking corporate logo, corporate image, and reputation: an examination of consumer perceptions in the financial setting. Journal of Business Research, Vol. 67 No. 11, pp. 2269-2281.
- Ghasemi, P., Darzian Azizi, A. (2013). The effect of brand orientation on brand performance and financial performance of companies operating in industrial towns of Ahvaz, No. 18
- Azizi, Sh., Jamali, Sh., Sanaei, A. (2012). Presenting the model of factors affecting the performance of employees about the brand in the banking industry. Journal of Business Management, University of Tehran, No. 11.
- Ramzgovian, Gh., Hassanpour, K. (2013). A study of the relationship between commitment and performance of employees in the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Finance. Economic Journal, No. 3 and 4.
- Delavar, A. (2015). Theoretical and scientific foundations of research in humanities and social sciences. Roshd Publishing.
- Hassani, A., Mousavi Bazargan, J., Ghadirinia, M. (2013). Brand Performance Conceptualization and Measurement. Tourism Quarterly of University of Science and Culture.
- Gilani, Hasan. (2019). corporate brand identity and employee brand citizenship behavior: A conceptual framework. The Marketing Review. 19. 10.1362/146934719X15633618140783.
- Buil, Isabel & Catalán, Sara & Martínez, Eva. (2015). The importance of corporate brand identity in business management: An application to the UK banking sector. BRQ Business Research Quarterly. 42. 10.1016/j.brq.2014.11.001.
- Melewar, T.C., Foroudi, P., Gupta, S., Kitchen, P.J. and Foroudi, M.M. (2017). "Integrating identity, strategy and communications for trust, loyalty and commitment. European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 51 No. 3, pp. 572-604. https://doi.org/10.1108/EJM-08-2015-0616.
- Article View: 166
- PDF Download: 145