Document Type : Research Article
1 Business and Management Department, Tishk International University, Sulaimani, Iraq
2 Business Administration Department, Komar University of Science and Technology, Sulaimani, Iraq
3 Business and Management Department, Tishk International University, Erbil, Iraq
The aim of this study was to elucidate the antecedents of purchase intentions of the secondhand market customers. In this regard, the data was collected from Kurdistan region of Iraq to test the impacts of antecedents. Collected data was composed of validity and reliability analysis. Regression analysis was used to test the impacts. Results reveal that price has significant negative impact on the purchase intention while product quality, safety, and serviceability had significant positive impact on the purchase intentions. Lastly, it was observed that oil consumption didn’t have a significant impact on the purchase intentions of the customers.
- Al Hammadi, M. (2016). Examining the Differences in After-Sale Service Quality Perceptions between Managers and Customers in the Automobile Industry and Their Impact on Customer Satisfaction.
- Ali, B, J. (2021). Impact of consumer animosity, boycott participation, boycott motivation, and product judgment on purchase readiness or aversion of Kurdish consumers in Iraq. Journal of Consumers Affaires; 1–20. https://doi.org/10.1111/joca.12350
- Ali, B. J. (2014). Brand Building in the Consumer Electronics Industry in Iraq. Retrieved from https://www.amazon.com/Brand-Building-Consumer-Electronics-Industry/dp/6200248699
- Ali, B. J., & Anwar, G. (2021). The Effect of Marketing Culture Aspects of Healthcare Care on Marketing Creativity. International Journal of English Literature and Social Sciences, 6(2), 171–182. https://doi.org/10.22161/ijels.62.25
- Ali, B.J. (2021) Assessing (The impact) of advertisement on customer decision making: Evidence from an educational institution. Afak for sciences journal, 6(1): 425-439. Retrieved from https://www.asjp.cerist.dz/en/article/141056
- Ali, H., Rashid, W. E. W., & Jusoff, K. (2009). Total quality management in the Malaysian automobile industry. International Business Research.
- Anderson, S. W., Hesford, J. W., & Young, S. M. (2002). Factors influencing the performance of activity based costing teams: a field study of ABC model development time in the automobile industry. Accounting, Organizations and Society, 27(3), 195-211.
- Belingardi, G., & Obradovic, J. (2010). Design of the impact attenuator for a formula student racing car: numerical simulation of the impact crash test. Journal of the Serbian Society for Computational Mechanics, 4(1), 52-65.
- Budur, T. (2018). Analytic Hierarchy Process to Evaluate Corporate Image, Trust, and Switching Cost of GSM Operators: A Case of Kurdistan Region of Iraq. International Journal of Social Sciences & Educational Studies, 5(2), 241-250
- Budur, T., Demir, A., & Cura, F. (2021). University Readiness to Online Education during Covid-19 Pandemic. International Journal of Social Sciences and Educational Studies, 8(1), 180-200.
- Budur, T., Faraj, K. M., & Karim, L. A. (2019). Benchmarking operations strategies via hybrid model: A case study of café-restaurant sector, 8, 842–854.
- Budur, T., Rashid, C. A., & Poturak, M. (2018). Students perceptions on university selection, decision making process: A case study in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. International Journal of Social Sciences & Educational Studies, 5(1), 133–144.
- Canavero, F., Kedzia, J. C., Ravier, P., & Scholl, B. (2000, September). Automotive EMC: Numerical simulation for early EMC design of cars. In Proc. 4th Eur. Conf. Electromagnetic Compatibility (pp. 32-39).
- Carlson, M. (2013). Performance: A critical introduction. Routledge.
- de la Paz Toldos-Romero, M., & Orozco-Gómez, M. M. (2015). Brand personality and purchase intention. European Business Review.
- Demir, A. (2019). A Benchmarking of service quality in telecommunication services: Case study in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. International Journal of Social Sciences & Educational Studies, 5(3), 216-231.
- Demir, A. (2019). THE IMPACT OF STRATEGIC OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT DECISIONS ON SHOPPERS'WELLBEING. Asian Academy of Management Journal, 24(1).
- Demir, A. (2020). Impact of internal marketing on the customer perceptions in SMEs. International Journal of Services and Operations Management, 10.
- Demir, A. (2020). Inter-continental review for diffusion rate and internal-external benefits of ISO 9000 QMS. International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, 10.
- Demir, A., & Mukhlis, M. (2017). An evaluation of gated communities as a product: An empirical study in Sulaimaniyah, Iraq. Theoretical and Empirical Researches in Urban Management, 12(3), 63-84.
- Demir, A., Budur, T., & Heshmati, A. (2021). Antecedents of trust, corporate image, and switching costs: a case in telecommunication services in the Kurdistan region of Iraq. International Journal of Mobile Communications, 19(1), 53-74.
- Demir, A., Budur, T., Omer, H. M., & Heshmati, A. (2021). Links between knowledge management and organisational sustainability: does the ISO 9001 certification have an effect?. Knowledge Management Research & Practice, 1-14.
- Demir, A., Maroof, L., Khan, N. U. S., & Ali, B. J. (2020). The role of E-service quality in shaping online meeting platforms: a case study from higher education sector. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education.
- Demir, A., Shawkat, S., Majeed, B. N., & Budur, T. (2019). Fuzzy AHP and VIKOR to select best location for bank investment: case study in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. In Effective investments on capital markets (pp. 485-510). Springer, Cham.
- Demir, A., & Fakhir, N. (2017). Elaborating the Adaptation of Customers to Internet Banking: Case of Kurdistan Region of Iraq. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 15(18), 1-23.
- Dhanabalan, T., Subha, K., Shanthi, R., & Sathish, A. (2018). Factors influencing consumers’ car purchasing decision in Indian automobile industry. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, 9(10), 53-63.
- Esteban, S., & Shum, M. (2007). Durable‐goods oligopoly with secondary markets: the case of automobiles. The RAND Journal of Economics, 38(2), 332-354.
- Eyres, L., Eyres, M. F., Chisholm, A., & Brown, R. C. (2016). Coconut oil consumption and cardiovascular risk factors in humans. Nutrition reviews, 74(4), 267-280.
- Fosgerau, M., & Karlström, A. (2010). The value of reliability. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 44(1), 38-49.
- Geiker, M. R. (2012). On the importance of execution for obtaining the designed durability of reinforced concrete structures. Materials and corrosión, 63(12), 1114-1118.
- Goldberg, P. K. (1995). Product differentiation and oligopoly in international markets: The case of the US automobile industry. Econometrica: Journal of the Econometric Society, 891-951.
- Griffis, L. G. (1993). Serviceability limit states under wind load. Engineering Journal, 30(1), 1-16.
- He, K., Huo, H., Zhang, Q., He, D., An, F., Wang, M., & Walsh, M. P. (2005). Oil consumption and CO2 emissions in China's road transport: current status, future trends, and policy implications. Energy policy, 33(12), 1499-1507.
- Huo, H., He, K., Wang, M., & Yao, Z. (2012). Vehicle technologies, fuel-economy policies, and fuel-consumption rates of Chinese vehicles. Energy Policy, 43, 30-36.
- Hwang, S. N., Chen, C., Chen, Y., Lee, H. S., & Shen, P. D. (2013). Sustainable design performance evaluation with applications in the automobile industry: Focusing on inefficiency by undesirable factors. Omega, 41(3), 553-558.
- Imran, M., Jian, Z., Urbański, M., & Nair, S. L. S. (2018). Determinants of firm’s export performance in China’s automobile industry. Sustainability, 10(11), 4078.
- Jadav, J. B., Wandra, D. K., & Dabhi, M. R. (2015). Innovative automobile safety system using various safety modules. International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, 3(2), 583-586.
- Jalilvand, M. R., & Samiei, N. (2012). The effect of electronic word of mouth on brand image and purchase intention: An empirical study in the automobile industry in Iran. Marketing Intelligence & Planning.
- Johnson, T. W. (1980). Serviceability in Design (No. 800818). SAE Technical Paper.
- Karunanayake, R. T., & Wanninayake, W. M. C. B. (2015). Impact of key purchasing determinants on purchase intention of hybrid vehicle brands in Sri Lanka, an empirical study. Journal of Marketing Management, 3(1), 40-52.
- King, D. J., Bouazza, A., Gniel, J. R., Rowe, R. K., & Bui, H. H. (2017). Serviceability design for geosynthetic reinforced column supported embankments. Geotextiles and Geomembranes, 45(4), 261-279.
- Knipling, R. R. (2009). Safety for the long haul: Large truck crash risk, causation, & prevention. Arlington, VA: American Trucking Association.
- Kushwaha, G. S., & Sharma, N. K. (2016). Green initiatives: a step towards sustainable development and firm's performance in the automobile industry. Journal of cleaner production, 121, 116-129.
- La-fang, W., Wen, W., Ming-yong, L., Rui, X., & Jun, L. (2010, November). Measurement of the automobile industrial safety degree in China. In 2010 International Conference on Management Science & Engineering 17th Annual Conference Proceedings (pp. 205-211). IEEE.
- Lee, T. W., & Govindan, S. (2014). Emerging issues in car purchasing decision. Academic Research International, 5(5), 169.
- Martilla, J. A., & James, J. C. (1977). Importance-performance analysis. Journal of marketing, 41(1), 77-79.
- Matuszak, Z., Jaśkiewicz, M., Więckowski, D., & Stokłosa, J. (2017). Remarks to the reliability assessment and to human actions–especially car driver. In MATEC Web of Conferences (Vol. 134, p. 00036). EDP Sciences.
- Matzler, K., Sauerwein, E., & Heischmidt, K. (2003). Importance-performance analysis revisited: the role of the factor structure of customer satisfaction. The Service Industries Journal, 23(2), 112-129.
- Mirabi, V., Akbariyeh, H., & Tahmasebifard, H. (2015). A study of factors affecting on customers purchase intention. Journal of Multidisciplinary Engineering Science and Technology (JMEST), 2(1).
- Mohammed, K. S., Rashid, C. A., Salih, H. A., & Budur, T. (2020). The Role of Online Teaching Tools on the Perception of the Students during the Lockdown of Covid-19. International Journal of Social Sciences & Educational Studies, 7(3), 178–190.
- Morris, J., Smalley, S., & Kroah-Hartman, G. (2002, August). Linux safety modules: General safety support for the linux kernel. In USENIX Safety Symposium (pp. 17-31). ACM Berkeley, CA.
- Nagaraja, N. (2012). Customer satisfaction in automobile industry–an indian online buyers’ perspective of car manufacturers’ websites. ZENITH International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, 2(6), 92-107.
- Nieuwenhuis, P., & Wells, P. (2007). The all-steel body as a cornerstone to the foundations of the mass production car industry. Industrial and corporate change, 16(2), 183-211.
- Nobeoka, K., Dyer, J. H., & Madhok, A. (2002). The influence of customer scope on supplier learning and performance in the Japanese automobile industry. Journal of International Business Studies, 33(4), 717-736.
- Obeng, K. (2008). Injury severity, vehicle safety features, and intersection crashes. Traffic injury prevention, 9(3), 268-276.
- Offor, P. (2012). Vehicle ad hoc network (vanet): Safety benefits and safety challenges. Available at SSRN 2206077.
- Peters, A., Gutscher, H., & Scholz, R. W. (2011). Psychological determinants of fuel consumption of purchased new cars. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 14(3), 229-239.
- Phuong, H. L. C., Anh, L. H., & Ab Rashid, A. A. (2020). Factors Influencing Car Purchasing Intention: A Study among Vietnamese Consumers. Journal of the Society of Automotive Engineers Malaysia, 4(2).
- Rao, H. (2004). Institutional activism in the early American automobile industry. Journal of Business Venturing, 19(3), 359-384.
- Raya, M., & Hubaux, J. P. (2005). Safety aspects of inter-vehicle communications. In 5th Swiss Transport Research Conference (STRC) (No. CONF).
- Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, A. (2003). Electronic-system design in the automobile industry. IEEE Micro, 23(3), 8-18.
- Sari, D., & Kusuma, B. (2014). Does luxury brand perception matter in purchase intention? A comparison between a Japanese brand and a German brand. ASEAN Marketing Journal.
- Silva, F., & Fernandes, P. (2010, November). Using importance-performance analysis in evaluating institutions of higher education: A case study. In 2010 International Conference on Education and Management Technology (pp. 121-123). IEEE.
- Sternlund, S., Strandroth, J., Rizzi, M., Lie, A., & Tingvall, C. (2017). The effectiveness of lane departure warning systems—A reduction in real-world passenger car injury crashes. Traffic injury prevention, 18(2), 225-229.
- Swan, P. L. (1970). Durability of consumption goods. The American Economic Review, 60(5), 884-894.
- SYAHRIAL, E. B. (2018). The Impact of Serviceability on Service Operations Performance, Service Cost and Customer Satisfaction.
- Syahrial, E., Suzuki, H., & Schvaneveldt, S. J. (2019). The impact of serviceability-oriented dimensions on after-sales service cost and customer satisfaction. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 30(11-12), 1257-1281.
- Torlak, N. G., Demir, A., & Budur, T. (2019). Impact of operations management strategies on customer satisfaction and behavioral intentions at café-restaurants. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management.
- Torlak, N. G., Demir, A., & Budur, T. (2021). Using VIKOR with structural equation modeling for constructing benchmarks in the Internet industry. Benchmarking: An International Journal.
- Ulrich, K. T., & Pearson, S. (1998). Assessing the importance of design through product archaeology. Management Science, 44(3), 352-369.
- Wang, W., Loman, J., & Vassiliou, P. (2004, January). Reliability importance of components in a complex system. In Annual Symposium Reliability and Maintainability, 2004-RAMS (pp. 6-11). IEEE.
- Williams, A. (2007). Product service systems in the automobile industry: contribution to system innovation?. Journal of cleaner Production, 15(11-12), 1093-1103.
- Yilmaz, E., Tian, T., Wong, V. W., & Heywood, J. B. (2004). The contribution of different oil consumption sources to total oil consumption in a spark ignition engine. SAE transactions, 1622-1638.