Economic and Political Views of Madhav Sadashivrao Golwalkar
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 1352-1356
AbstractSince ancient times, India has had a rich heritage of social and philosophical thinking. Indian political thoughts and thinkers have contributed significantly to the domains of World Politics, Sociology and Political Science. Who can ignore the noteworthy contribution of Kautilya in the realms of Diplomacy and Political Science? From Kautilya to Swami Vivekananda to Mahatma Gandhi, Sri Aurobindo, Rabindra Nath Tagore, Dr. Bheem Rao Ambedkar, Dr. Ram Mahohar Lohiya and more, the list is quite long. They represent a culture of diverse political thoughts existing in India at the same time. However, there are few thinkers whose political and social thoughts, despite being relevant, could not get a place in the syllabus of Indian Political Thought as a subject, perhaps due to political reasons. The name of Madhav Sadashivrao Golwalkar is one among such names. The second Sarsanghchalak of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh is known for focusing on Swadeshi and linking the same to the economy of the country. He also promoted an economic system based on Swadeshi instead of capitalism and communism. In the light of present times, when the entire world is looking for a way out of the brunt caused by Covid-19, the political and economic thoughts of Golwalkar show a sustainable way to boost economies. This article focuses on the political and economic thoughts of Golwalkar.
- Dattopant Thengdi, Sanket Rekha, Indian Labour Union, New Delhi, 1989, p. 63.
- Shri Guruji, Samagra Khand, Chintan Sudha, Suruchi Prakashan, New Delhi, 2003, p.345.
- Terence Bell, Socialism, Britannica Encyclopedia, available at https://www.britannica.com/topic/socialism#ref276336, accessed on 20 March 2021.
- Dattopant Thengdi, Sanket Rekha, Indian Labour Union, New Delhi, 1989, p. 80.
- N.H. Palkar, Shri Guruji, Vyakti aur Kaarya, , Nagpur, p. 298.
- Krishna Kumar Baweja, Guruji Vyaktitva and Krititva, Suruchi Publication, New Delhi, 2004, P. 117.
- M.G. Vaid, Rashtra Kewal Bhautik Hi Nhi Ek Adhyatmik Anubhuti Hai, Swadesh Rashtrarishi Guruji Shatabdi Visheshank, Bhopal, 2008, p. 313.
- Dattopant Thengadi, Sanket Rekha, Indian Labour Union, New Delhi, 1989, p. 78.
- Ibid, p.80.
- Shri Guruji, Samagra Khand, Samajodbodhan, Suruchi Prakashan, New Delhi, 2003, p.277.
- Dr Bajranglal Gupta, Shri Guruji Ka Arthik Chintan, Suruchi Prakashan, New Delhi, 2006, p.143.
- M.G. Vaid, Rashtra Kewal Bhautik Hi Nhi Ek Adhyatmik Anubhuti Hai, Swadesh Rashtrarishi Shatabdi Visheshank, Bhopal, 2008, p. 322.
- Ibid, p.323.
- Ibid, p.325.
- Aftab Ahmad Siddiqui, ek samagra aadhunik chintak, Shri. Guruji Swadesh (Rashtrarishi Shri Guruji shatabdi visheshank) Bhopal, 2008, p. 115
- Ibid, p.116.
- Shri Guruji, Samagra Khand, Chintan Sudha, Suruchi Prakashan, New Delhi, 2011, p.231.
- Gaurinath Rastogi, Shri Guruji aur Rajneeti, Suruchi Prakashan, New Delhi, 2006, p.122.
- Article View: 279
- PDF Download: 147