Document Type : Research Article
Department of Management, Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Digital marketing is the way of marketing followed by new age marketers. In modern times traditional practices of marketing appear to be less effective in terms of giving output. With the advancement of technology new age marketers are moving towards digital marketing. Digital marketing has become a new way of marketing and reaching directly to the target audience without putting much time, but a clear statistic data related to effectiveness of digital media marketing especially Facebook is not known. The current survey puts light on the effectiveness of digital media marketing – Facebook in advertisement of products and increased sales of articles. The survey conducted shows that Social media platform – Facebook as a potential medium of carrying out promotional activities and results in increased sales of a product. Thus current study opens the future perspective to conduct more research on the connection of different social media platform and shopped articles.
- P. Kotler and G. Armstrong, Kotler & Armstrong, Principles of Marketing | Pearson. 2018.
- P. V. Marsden and N. E. Friedkin, “Network Studies of Social Influence,” Sociol. Methods Res., 1993, doi: 10.1177/0049124193022001006.
- V. Kumar, V. Bhaskaran, R. Mirchandani, and M. Shah, “Creating a measurable social media marketing strategy: Increasing the value and ROI of intangibles and tangibles for Hokey Pokey,” Mark. Sci., 2013, doi: 10.1287/mksc.1120.0768.
- V. Kumar, V. Bhaskaran, R. Mirchandani, and M. Shah, “Creating a Measurable Social Intangibles and Tangibles for Hokey Pokey,” Mark. Sci., 2013.
- G. Lancaster, L. Massingham, and W. Ozuem, “Digital marketing,” in Essentials of Marketing Management, 2018.
- A. T. Stephen, “The role of digital and social media marketing in consumer behavior,” Current Opinion in Psychology. 2016, doi: 10.1016/j.copsyc.2015.10.016.
- N. Morris, “Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation,” J. Direct, Data Digit. Mark. Pract., 2009, doi: 10.1057/dddmp.2009.7.
- M. D. Mogilko, “DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY,” Bus. Strateg., 2016, doi: 10.17747/2311-7184-2016-5-5.
- C. Belz, “Inbound marketing,” Mark. Rev. St. Gall., 2009, doi: 10.1007/s11621-009-0084-8.
- L. PATRUTIU-BALTES, “Inbound Marketing - the most important digital marketing strategy,” Bull. Transilv. Univ. Braşov, 2016.
- A. Yasmin, S. Tasneem, and K. Fatema, “Effectiveness of Digital Marketing in the Challenging Age: An Empirical Study,” Int. J. Manag. Sci. Bus. Adm., 2015, doi: 10.18775/ijmsba.1849-5664-5419.2014.15.1006.
- V. Kumar and R. Mirchandani, “Increasing the ROI of social media marketing,” MIT Sloan Manag. Rev., 2012, doi: 10.1109/emr.2013.6596535.
- A. Mohammadpour, T. R. Arbatani, T. H. Gholipour, F. Farzianpour, and S. Hosseini, “A Survey of the Effect of Social Media Marketing on Online Shopping of Customers by Mediating Variables,” J. Serv. Sci. Manag., 2014, doi: 10.4236/jssm.2014.75034.