A Review on the Variables That Influence Product Pricing and Decision
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 786-792
AbstractPrice is indeed a crucial element of any market and can even be essential to the sustainability of the organization. If the prices are not fixed within line with the target audience chosen, it will adversely impact the earnings of the commodity and the business. The primary purpose of every profit-seeking industry is to create revenue and, within order to accomplish this objective, all aspects relating to inventory management, prices and setting prices require to be handled appropriately. The primary objective of this analysis is thus to examine the factors regarded among organizations in their growth. The selling price for products can be determined by a variety of factors that can be classified into two major categories, internal factors with external factors, all of that are discussed in more depth in this article. In order to address factors that affect international marketing networks, which have been the channels through which products and services meet their global consumers. This indicates that suppliers and customers would either be based in the supplier or buyer nation or be present from both countries. Finally, the paper would address generic ads and regional advertising throughout the global market.
- P. Kotler, “Marketing Management, Millenium Edition,” Mark. Manag., 2000.
- T. Hilton, “Services marketing,” in The Marketing Book: Seventh Edition, 2016.
- D. Shipley and D. Jobber, “Integrative Pricing via the Pricing Wheel,” Ind. Mark. Manag., 2001.
- P. K. Kannan and P. K. Kopalle, “Dynamic pricing on the Internet: Importance and implications for consumer behavior,” Int. J. Electron. Commer., 2001.
- C. L. Machado-da-Silva, “Qualitative research & evaluation methods,” Rev. Adm. Contemp., 2003.
- S. Hronová, R. Hindls, and L. Marek, “Reflection of the economic crisis in the consumer and entrepreneurs subsectors,” Statistika, 2016.
- C. O. Bonsu and P. Muzindutsi, “Macroeconomic determinants of household consumption expenditure in Ghana: A multivariate co-integration approach,” Int. J. Econ. Financ. Issues, 2017.
- F. Ellis, “Household strategies and rural livelihood diversification,” J. Dev. Stud., 1998.
- M. B. Myers and M. Harvey, “The value of pricing control in export channels: A governance perspective,” J. Int. Mark., 2001.
- “How to address the gray market threat using price coordination,” Long Range Plann., 1995.
- E. F. Fama and K. R. French, “Value versus growth: The international evidence,” J. Finance, 1998.
- J. D. Dana, “Advance-purchase discounts and price discrimination in competitive markets,” J. Polit. Econ., 1998.
- M. M. Knetter, “Is export price adjustment asymmetric?: evaluating the market share and marketing bottlenecks hypotheses,” J. Int. Money Financ., 1994.
- S. C. Jain, “Standardization of International Marketing Strategy: Some Research Hypotheses,” J. Mark., 1989.
- W. T. Hung, J. K. Shang, and F. C. Wang, “Pricing determinants in the hotel industry: Quantile regression analysis,” Int. J. Hosp. Manag., 2010.
- A. Cabrales and S. Jiménez-Martín, “The determinants of pricing in pharmaceuticals: Are us prices really so high?,” Heal. Econ. (United Kingdom), 2013.
- G. J. Avlonitis and K. A. Indounas, “Pricing objectives and pricing methods in the services sector,” Journal of Services Marketing. 2005.
- G. Adewale, M. . Adesola, and Oyewale.I.O, “Impact of Marketing Strategy on Business Performance A Study of Selected Small and Medium Enterprises ( Smes ) In,” J. Bus. Manag., 2013.
- M. H. Huang, E. Jones, and D. E. Hahn, “Determinants of price elasticities for private labels and national brands of cheese,” Appl. Econ., 2007.
- K. Kajisa and T. Akiyama, “The evolution of rice price policies over four decades: Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines,” Oxford Dev. Stud., 2005.
- M. Balaji and S. Raghavan, “Determinants of Price Rigidity : The Role of Psychological Prices , Price Changes and Sales Promotions,” J. Manage., 2007.
- M. L. Moura and J. L. Rossi Júnior, “Price-setting policy determinants: Micro-evidence from Brazil,” Econ. Apl., 2010.
- A. Breitenfellner, J. Cuaresma, and C. Keppel, “Determinants of Crude Oil Prices: Supply, Demand, Cartel or Speculation?,” Monet Policy Econ Q, 2009.
- “Determinants of Equity Share Prices in India: A Panel Data Approach,” Rom. Econ. J., 2012.
- V. Shankar and R. N. Bolton, “An Empirical Analysis of Determinants of Retailer Pricing Strategy,” Mark. Sci., 2004.
- M. de Mooij, “Tailoring Your Strategy to Fit the Culture: Global Marketing,” IESE Insight, 2010.
- D. B. Holt, “How Consumers Consume: A Typology of Consumption Practices,” J. Consum. Res., 1995.
- B. Swoboda, B. Berg, H. Schramm-Klein, and T. Foscht, “The importance of retail brand equity and store accessibility for store loyalty in local competition,” J. Retail. Consum. Serv., 2013.
- J. E. Urbany and P. R. Dickson, “Competitive price-cutting momentum and pricing reactions,” Mark. Lett., 1991.
- B. Seegebarth, S. H. Behrens, C. Klarmann, N. Hennigs, and L. L. Scribner, “Customer value perception of organic food: cultural differences and cross-national segments,” Br. Food J., 2016.
- Article View: 143
- PDF Download: 215