An Overview of Project Management
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 700-704
AbstractProject management requires a company's capital to schedule and coordinate a particular mission or responsibility to perform. This may be a one-time initiative or constant operation, and managed resources include employees, finance, technologies and intellectual property. Project management is also related to the areas of architecture and design and later to healthcare and IT, which usually require a complex series of parts to be finalized and assembled to produce a workable product. Project management is mostly conducted by project managers to help identify project priorities and objectives and decide whether and who are to complete the different project components. They also produce quality controls to guarantee that products that are completed follow a certain requirement. This review article discussed the fundamentals of project management including the importance of project management, core components of project management and the iron triangle of project management.
- A. K. Bhunia, L. Sahoo, and A. A. Shaikh, “Project Management,” in Springer Optimization and Its Applications, 2019.
- E. G. Too and P. Weaver, “The management of project management: A conceptual framework for project governance,” Int. J. Proj. Manag., 2014, doi: 10.1016/j.ijproman. 2013.07.006.
- C. Dobie and C. Dobie, “What is Project Management?,” in A Handbook of Project Management, 2020.
- W. Chmielarz, Information technology project management. 2015.
- K. P. Grant and J. S. Pennypacker, “Project management maturity: An assessment of project management capabilities among and between selected industries,” IEEE Trans. Eng. Manag., 2006, doi: 10.1109/TEM.2005.861802.
- T. Cooke-Davies, “The ‘real’ success factors on projects,” Int. J. Proj. Manag., 2002, doi: 10.1016/S0263-7863(01)00067-9.
- M. N. Mirza, Z. Pourzolfaghar, and M. Shahnazari, “Significance of Scope in Project Success,” Procedia Technol., 2013, doi: 10.1016/j.protcy.2013.12.080.
- P. Serrador and R. Turner, “The relationship between project success and project efficiency,” Proj. Manag. J., 2015, doi: 10.1002/pmj.21468.
- J. Pollack, J. Helm, and D. Adler, “What is the Iron Triangle, and how has it changed?,” Int. J. Manag. Proj. Bus., 2018, doi: 10.1108/IJMPB-09-2017-0107.
- A. Caccamese and D. Bagantini, “Beyond the iron triangle: year zero,” PM World J., 2012.
- Article View: 182
- PDF Download: 154