Employee Involvement and Work Culture
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 693-699
AbstractThis paper illustrates the relationship betweenemployee participation in problem-solving and decision making and perceived administrative performance. Concurrently, the concept of employee participation was studied by implanting it within the perspective of a national belief. The operative use of employee participation is confidently related to superficial administrative performance. More specifically, employee involvement and empowerment plans, and the habit of self-handling teams have a straight noteworthy link to the decision-making perception of the administrative performance. According to the results obtained, the enterprises are cheered to adopt employee participation agendas to boost performance, competitiveness and growth on the local and international marketplace.
- M. Stairs and M. Galpin, “Positive Engagement: From Employee Engagement to Workplace Happiness,” in Oxford Handbook of Positive Psychology and Work, 2009.
- K. Betts, “Online Human Touch (OHT) Training & Support: A Conceptual Framework to Increase Faculty and Adjunct Faculty Engagement, Connectivity, and Retention in Online Education, Part 2,” J. Online Learn. Teach., 2009.
- T. Perrin, “Working Today : Understanding What Drives Employee Engagement,” 2003 Towers Perrin Talent Rep., 2003.
- M. Tamir and M. D. Robinson, “Knowing good from bad: The paradox of neuroticism, negative affect, and evaluative processing,” J. Pers. Soc. Psychol., 2004, doi: 10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.523.
- Cipd, “4 Identifying Learning Needs in Organisations,” Learn. Dev., 2006.
- K. Clifton, R. Ewing, G. J. Knaap, and Y. Song, “Quantitative analysis of urban form: A multidisciplinary review,” Journal of Urbanism. 2008, doi: 10.1080/17549170801903496.
- N. J. Hiller, D. V. Day, and R. J. Vance, “Collective enactment of leadership roles and team effectiveness: A field study,” Leadersh. Q., 2006, doi: 10.1016/j.leaqua.2006.04.004.
- A. Wilkins and C. Holtham, “Organisational Creativity: Building a Business Ba-Haus?,” Creat. Educ., 2012, doi: 10.4236/ce.2012.326110.
- F. Luthans and S. J. Peterson, “Employee engagement and manager self-efficacy,” J. Manag. Dev., 2002, doi: 10.1108/02621710210426864.
- F. Luthans and S. J. Peterson, “Employee engagement and manager self-efficacy: implications for managerial effectiveness and development,” J. Manag. Dev., 2002, doi: 10.1108/02621710210426862.
- B. Shuck and K. Wollard, “Employee engagement and HRD: A seminal review of the foundations,” Human Resource Development Review. 2010, doi: 10.1177/1534484309353560.
- A. N. Li and H. Liao, “How Do Leader-Member Exchange Quality and Differentiation Affect Performance in Teams? An Integrated Multilevel Dual Process Model,” J. Appl. Psychol., 2014, doi: 10.1037/a0037233.
- M. Afzal et al., “Thiamine potentiates chemoprotective effects of ibuprofen in DEN induced hepatic cancer via alteration of oxidative stress and inflammatory mechanism,” Arch. Biochem. Biophys., 2017, doi: 10.1016/j.abb.2017.05.006.
- Ameeduzzafar, S. S. Imam, S. N. A. Bukhari, and A. Ali, “Preparation and evaluation of novel chitosan: gelrite ocular system containing besifloxacin for topical treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis: scintigraphy, ocular irritation and retention assessment,” Artif. Cells, Nanomedicine Biotechnol., 2018, doi: 10.1080/21691401.2017.1349779.
- N. Kumar et al., “Insights into exchange factor directly activated by cAMP (EPAC) as potential target for cancer treatment,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 2018, doi: 10.1007/s11010-018-3294-z.
- A. Fakhria, S. J. Gilani, S. S. Imam, and Chandrakala, “Formulation of thymoquinone loaded chitosan nano vesicles: In-vitro evaluation and in-vivo anti-hyperlipidemic assessment,” J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol., 2019, doi: 10.1016/j.jddst.2019.01.033.
- M. S. Uddin et al., “Pharmacological approaches to mitigate neuroinflammation in Alzheimer’s disease,” International Immunopharmacology. 2020, doi: 10.1016/j.intimp.2020.106479.
- E. W. Mathes, “Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs as a Guide for Living,” J. Humanist. Psychol., 1981, doi: 10.1177/002216788102100406.
- M. Saquib Hasnain, P. Rishishwar, S. Rishishwar, S. Ali, and A. K. Nayak, “Isolation and characterization of Linum usitatisimum polysaccharide to prepare mucoadhesive beads of diclofenac sodium,” Int. J. Biol. Macromol., 2018, doi: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.04.151.
- F. Herzberg, “Two-Factor Theory of Motivation.,” in Motivation theory., 1959.
- G. P. Latham and C. T. Ernst, “Keys to motivating tomorrow’s workforce,” Hum. Resour. Manag. Rev., 2006, doi: 10.1016/j.hrmr.2006.03.014.
- F. Herzberg, “One more time: How do you motivate your employees,” Hbr, 1987.
- M. Rahman et al., “Therapeutic Applications of Liposomal Based Drug Delivery and Drug Targeting for Immune Linked Inflammatory Maladies: A Contemporary View Point,” Curr. Drug Targets, 2017, doi: 10.2174/1389450118666170414113926.
- W. H. Macey and B. Schneider, “<Macey & Schneider. (2008). The Meaning of Employee Engagement.pdf>,” Ind. Organ. Psychol., 2008.
- C. Maslach, W. B. Schaufeli, and M. P. Leiter, “Job burnout,” Annu. Rev. Psychol., 2001, doi: 10.1146/annurev.psych.52.1.397.
- A. Shirom, “Job-related burnout: A review.,” in Handbook of occupational health psychology., 2004.
- M. S. Uddin et al., “Novel anti-Alzheimer’s therapeutic molecules targeting amyloid precursor protein processing,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity. 2020, doi: 10.1155/2020/7039138.
- T. G. Reio and J. L. Callahan, “Affect, curiosity, and socialization-related learning: A path analysis of antecedents to job performance,” J. Bus. Psychol., 2004, doi: 10.1023/B:JOBU.0000040269.72795.ce.
- A. M. Saks, “Antecedents and consequences of employee engagement,” J. Manag. Psychol., 2006, doi: 10.1108/02683940610690169.
- S. Rothmann and K. Storm, “Work engagement in the South African Police Service,” 2003.
- M. Rothmann, N. Li, G. Chen, G. Y. H. Chi, R. Temple, and H. H. Tsou, “Design and analysis of non-inferiority mortality trials in oncology,” Stat. Med., 2003, doi: 10.1002/sim.1400.
- D. Xanthopoulou, A. B. Bakker, E. Demerouti, and W. B. Schaufeli, “The role of personal resources in the job demands-resources model,” Int. J. Stress Manag., 2007, doi: 10.1037/1072-5245.14.2.121.
- Article View: 128
- PDF Download: 174