Document Type : Research Article
Department of Management, Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
In current years, corporate companies are paying extra attention towards developing strategic plans for their organization to develop its performance and quality of work. Firms should try to implement planning and not only any simple planning, the planning should be strategic and effective if they have to survive in today's competitive business world. The objective of the presented paper is to compare the characteristics and nature of strategic planning implemented in the companies of India and the United Kingdom. To do so, a questionnaire was sent to 500 companies from the UK and India. Based on the data collected from the companies, a comparison was done and it was found out that there are numerous differences between the implementation of strategic planning in both countries. This research provides some important facts and insights to the Eastern and Western companies, strategic planning implementation to the business.
- W. T. Lin, “Corporate Planning and Budgeting: An Integrated Approach,” IEEE Eng. Manag. Rev., 2008, doi: 10.1109/emr.1984.4306089.
- H. Mintzberg and H. Mintzberg, “30 Incredible Henry Mintzberg Quotes,” 2020. https://brandongaille.com/30-incredible-henry-mintzberg-quotes/#:~:text=“Strategy is not the consequence,opposite%3A its starting point.”
- T. Moolakkadath et al., “Development of transethosomes formulation for dermal fisetin delivery: Box–Behnken design, optimization, in vitro skin penetration, vesicles–skin interaction and dermatokinetic studies,” Artif. Cells, Nanomedicine Biotechnol., 2018, doi: 10.1080/21691401.2018.1469025.
- S. Kaplan and E. D. Beinhocker, “The real value of strategic planning,” MIT Sloan Manag. Rev., 2003.
- A. Fakhria, S. J. Gilani, S. S. Imam, and Chandrakala, “Formulation of thymoquinone loaded chitosan nano vesicles: In-vitro evaluation and in-vivo anti-hyperlipidemic assessment,” J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol., 2019, doi: 10.1016/j.jddst.2019.01.033.
- D. A. McFarlane and F. P. C. Lim, “A Study on Corporate Planning and Goal Setting,” 2018, doi: 10.14257/astl.2018.150.25.
- M. S. Uddin et al., “Novel anti-Alzheimer’s therapeutic molecules targeting amyloid precursor protein processing,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity. 2020, doi: 10.1155/2020/7039138.
- S. Kumar and N. C. Bansal, “Marketing Management : Corporate Strategic Management & Planning – An Introduction,” vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 412–415, 2014.
- M. Rahman et al., “Therapeutic Applications of Liposomal Based Drug Delivery and Drug Targeting for Immune Linked Inflammatory Maladies: A Contemporary View Point,” Curr. Drug Targets, 2017, doi: 10.2174/1389450118666170414113926.
- I. D. Babafemi, “Corporate Strategy, Planning and Performance Evaluation: A Survey of Literature,” J. Manag. Policies Pract., 2015, doi: 10.15640/jmpp.v3n1a6.
- S. Maleka, “Strategic Management and Strategic Planning Process,” South Africa Perspect. First Ed., 2015.
- N. Kumar et al., “Insights into exchange factor directly activated by cAMP (EPAC) as potential target for cancer treatment,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 2018, doi: 10.1007/s11010-018-3294-z.
- N. O’Regan and A. Ghobadian, “Formal strategic planning: The key to effective business process management?,” Bus. Process Manag. J., 2002, doi: 10.1108/14637150210449102.
- J. S. Aldehayyat and J. R. Anchor, “Strategic planning implementation and creation of value in the firm,” Strateg. Chang., 2010, doi: 10.1002/jsc.866.