Impact of Covid-19 Pandemic on Education in India: A Case Study
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 645-650
AbstractThe whole world has been disrupted by the pandemic of Covid-19. The lockdown in various countries has immensely affected the education of students. Students can no longer interact with their teacher on one to one basis. This has caused a shift from the traditional classrooms learning to the computer based learning and it may be the largest change in the educational system till date. The online learning has become new normal in India due to pandemic, it becomes necessary to keep track of its growth & to find out whether it is capable of fulfilling student’s primary objective i.e. learning. Therefore, the present study was designed to understand and find out students point of view, perspective and objective on ground level. This study could be used in future to overcome the found limitations and help in implementing a more effective online education process for students of all levels.
- World Health Organization, “Situation Report-51 SITUATION IN NUMBERS total and new cases in last 24 hours,” Coronavirus Dis. 2019, 2020.
- J. Liu et al., “Community transmission of severe acute respiratory syndrome Coronavirus 2, Shenzhen, China, 2020,” Emerg. Infect. Dis., 2020, doi: 10.3201/eid2606.200239.
- S. W. X. Ong et al., “Air, Surface Environmental, and Personal Protective Equipment Contamination by Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) from a Symptomatic Patient,” JAMA - Journal of the American Medical Association. 2020, doi: 10.1001/jama.2020.3227.
- UNESCO, “UNESCO Covid-19 Education Response,” UNESCO, United Nations Educ. Sci. Cult. Organnization, 2020.
- S. Rashid and S. S. Yadav, “Impact of Covid-19 Pandemic on Higher Education and Research,” Indian J. Hum. Dev., 2020, doi: 10.1177/0973703020946700.
- I. Miliszewska, “Is it fully on or partly off? The Case of Fully-Online Provision of Transnational Education,” 2007, doi: 10.28945/3073.
- The Lancet, “Research and higher education in the time of COVID-19,” The Lancet. 2020, doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(20)31818-3.
- P. Tarkar, “Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on education system,” Int. J. Adv. Sci. Technol., 2020.
- “Impact of Coronavirus Pandemic on Education,” J. Educ. Pract., 2020, doi: 10.7176/jep/11-13-12.
- T. Gonzalez et al., “Influence of COVID-19 confinement in students’ performance in higher education,” arXiv. 2020, doi: 10.35542/osf.io/9zuac.
- E. García and E. Weiss, “COVID-19 and student performance, equity, and U.S. education policy,” pp. 1–60, 2020.
- X. Bonal and S. González, “The impact of lockdown on the learning gap: family and school divisions in times of crisis,” Int. Rev. Educ., 2020, doi: 10.1007/s11159-020-09860-z.
- Article View: 264
- PDF Download: 275