Influence of Gender Characteristic on Transformation of The Adult Identity
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 515-522
AbstractThe article presents the results of an empirical study aimed at identifying the influence of gender characteristics on transformation of the adult identity. It was revealed that identity is directly connected with gender characteristics of personality. It was found that gender characteristics, as well as sex, age, marital status and education have the most profound impact on the specificity of the transformation of adult identity. Criteria and specificity of crisis identity of the adult personality are considered. Criteria and specifics of the crisis identity of an adult are also examined.
- Andronnikova, O.O., Veterok, E.V. (2017). “Gender characteristics of victim behavior as a result of violation of social development”. Psychological Sciences, no. 3(57), pp. 111-113.
- Bem, S. (2004). The Lenses of gender: transforming the debate on sexual inequality. Moscow: “Russian political encyclopedia”.
- Boer, J. (2008). “Collective intention, social identity, and rational choice”. J. Econ. Methodol., no. 15(2), pp. 169-184. DOI: 10.1080/13501780801919139
- Boulu-Reshef, B. (2015). “Toward a Personal Identity Argument to Combine Potentially Conflicting Social Identities”. Rev Soc Econ., no. 73(1), pp. 1-18. DOI: 10.1080/00346764.2014.990745
- Bruner, M.W., Balish, Sh.M., Forrest, Ch., Brown, S., Webber, K., Gray, E., McGuckin, M., Keats, M.R., Rehman, L., Shields, Ch.A. (2017). “Ties That Bond: Youth Sport as a Vehicle for Social Identity and Positive Youth Development”. Res. Q. Exerc. Sport., no. 88 (2), pp. 209-214. DOI: 10.1080/02701367.2017.1296100
- Bublik, M.M. (2013). “Semantic space ethnic identity of the youth: gender aspect”. Vestnik SamGU, no. 2(103), pp. 181-187.
- Erickson, E. (2006). Identity: youth and crisis. Moscow: Flint.
- Gillett, G.R. (2009). “The Subjective Brain, Identity, and Neuroethics”. Am. J. Bioeth., no. 9(9), pp. 5-13. DOI: 10.1080/15265160903090058
- Gómez, Á., Vázquez, A. (2015). “Personal identity and social identity: two different processes or a single one? Identidad personal e identidad social. Dos procesos diferentes o uno solo?”. Revista de Psicología Social, no. 30(3), pp. 468-480. DOI: 10.1080/02134748.2015.1065091
- Gulina, N.R., Dmitrieva, N.V., Savelyev, D.I. (2010). Gender peculiarities of the crisis of identity of the person. Vestnik of Chelyabinsk state pedagogical University, no. 1, pp. 58-70.
- Hoch, N.S. (2011). “To build a system model of gender identity”. Bulletin of TSPU, no. 6, pp. 181-187.
- Hohman, Z.P., Dahl, E., Grubbs, S. (2016). “Entitativity and social identity complexity: The relationship between group characteristics and personal characteristics on group identification”. Self and Identity, no. 15(6), pp. 638-649. DOI: 10.1080/15298868.2016.1185462
- Jongman-Sereno, K.P., Leary, M.R. (2018). “Self-judgments of authenticity”. Self and Identity. DOI: 10.1080/15298868.2018.1526109
- Klochko, V.E., Lukyanov, O.V. (2009). “Personal identity and the problem of human stability in a changing world: a systemic anthropological perspective”. Vestnik Tomsk State University, no. 324, pp. 333-336.
- Kozlova, E.G. (2015). “Modern understanding of professional identity of the person. Modern researches of social problems”. Electronic journal of the WAC, no. 3, pp. 451-460.
- Lawy, R. (2003). “Transformation of Person, Identity and Understanding: A case study”. Br. J. Sociol., no. 24(3), pp. 331-345. DOI: 10.1080/01425690301893
- Marcia, J.E. (2002). “Identity and Psychosocial Development in Adulthood”. Identity, no. 2 (1), 7-28. DOI: 10.1207/S1532706XID0201_02
- McIntyre, J.C., Worsley, J., Corcoran, Rh., Woods, P.H., Bentall, R.P. (2018). “Academic and non-academic predictors of student psychological distress: the role of social identity and loneliness”. J. Ment. Health., no. 27(3), pp. 230-239. DOI: 10.1080/09638237.2018.1437608
- McLean, K.C., Pasupathi, M. (2012). “Processes of Identity Development: Where I Am and How I Got There”. Identity, no. 12(1), pp. 8-28. DOI: 10.1080/15283488.2011.632363
- Nario-Redmond, M.R., Biernat, M., Eidelman, S., Palenske, D.J. (2004). “The Social and Personal Identities Scale: A Measure of the Differential Importance Ascribed to Social and Personal Self-Categorizations”. Self and Identity, no. 3 (2), pp. 143-175. DOI: 10.1080/13576500342000103
- Panchina, L.V., Fedoseeva, I.A., Andronnikov, O.O., Perevozkina, J.M. (2017). “Gender dimension to the archetypal perception of the modern teacher”. Vestnik of Novosibirsk state pedagogical University, no. 3, pp. 37-52.
- Soldatova, E.L. (2007). Structure and dynamics of normative crisis of transition to adulthood: monograph. Chelyabinsk: SUSU Publishing house.
- Tavitian-Elmadjian, L., Bender, M., Van de Vijver, F.J.R., Chasiotis, A., Harb, C. (2019). “Autobiographical recall of mastery experiences is a mechanism of self-affirming under social identity threat”. J. Soc. Psychol. DOI: 10.1080/00224545.2019.1606775
- Torgrimson, B.N., Minson, C.T. (2005). “Sex and Gender: What Is the Difference?” Journal of Applied Physiology, no. 99(3), pp. 785-787. DOI: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00376.2005
- Tuguz, Z.Y. (2015). “Socio-cultural aspects of the development of gender theory”. Bulletin of the Maykop State Technological University, no. 3, pp. 173-178.
- Voci, A. (2000). “Perceived Group Variability and the Salience of Personal and Social Identity”. Eur. Rev. Soc. Psychol., no. 11(1), pp. 177-221. DOI: 10.1080/14792772043000031
- Wagoner, J.A., Belavadi, S., Jung, J. (2017). “Social identity uncertainty: Conceptualization, measurement, and construct validity”. Self and Identity, no. 16(5), pp. 505-530. DOI: 10.1080/15298868.2016.1275762
- Zomeren, M., Kutlaca, M., Turner-Zwinkels, F. (2018). “Integrating who «we» are with what «we» (will not) stand for: A further extension of the Social Identity Model of Collective Action”. Eur. Rev. Soc. Psychol., no. 29(1), pp. 122-160. DOI: 10.1080/10463283.2018.1479
- Article View: 133
- PDF Download: 85