Radar Analysis (Competancy Gap Analysis) – Analytical Study Of Employees Competency Level
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 441-447
AbstractCompetency mapping is one of the sought after term in the domain of HR irrespective of the nature of the organization. The term competency mapping has always taken as an important factor because of its analytical nature in assessing the employability level of workers. Though the nature of job and the job description varies, the technique of understanding the need between whatemployees possess and what the organization want from an employee always stay evergreen. Keeping this as an objective, the present study attempted to find the competency gap analysis among 150 employees of a private manufacturing organization located in Tamilnadu, India. The study implemented the Radar analysis to measure the competency gap and also the same was done for assessing selective skill set of the employees. The present study found a very less gap between the expected and actual competency of employees which infers that the present organization has competent employees and they are also found to be less deviating from the expected competency which can be eliminated by organizing training needs.
- Ajai, PS. 2012. Identification of HR Competencies of Senior and Middle Level Managers. Journal of Management. 2 (2):144-154.
- AmirAczel, D. and Jayavel, S. 2006. Complete Business Statistics, Sixth Edition, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Limited, Newyork, USA.
- Aswathappa, K. 2007. Organizational Behavior, Seventh Edition, Himalaya Publishing House .
- Aswathappa, K. 2007. Human Resource and Personnel Management- Text and Cases, Chennai.
- Celia B.R, Karthick , M. 2012. “Competency Mapping Of Employees In The Power Sector With Special Reference To Chennai”, Zenith International Journal Of Multidisciplinary Research. 2 (1):125-138
- Cooper , S. 2012. Business Research Methods-8th Edition Tata McGraw-Hill Publications, New York.
- Maria Ponrekha, D and Karpagavalli , K. 2013. “Competency Mapping of the Employees – A CaseStudyOfmadura Coats Pvt, Ltd, Madurai, Tamilnadu”, Indian Journal Of Applied Research. 3(4):1135-1142
- Hanesova, P and Hanes. 2017. Current Trends and Trajectory of Research on Teachers. INTED 2017 Proceedings. https://library.iated.org/view/HANESOVA2017CUR.
- Houtzagers, G. 1999. “Empowerment, using skills and competence management”. Participation & Empowerment: An International Journal, 7(2): 27-32.
- Jaideep Kaur &Vikas Kumar, 2012. “Competency Mapping: A Gap Analysis”, International Journal of Human Resource, Management and Research((IJHRMR). 2(1):94-106.
- Jim Paul, 2016. Competency mapping, the new buzz word of HR Indian Streams Research Journal International Recognized Multidisciplinary Research Journal. 10(3):1167-1177.
- Kothari, C.R. 2004. Research Methodology Methods and Techniques, second Edition.
- Krishnaveni, J.2013. “A Study on Mapping of Employees’ Competency”, Indian Journal of Economics and Development, Vol: 1(3):43-52.
- MilyVelayudhan, T.K. and Maran, K. 2009. “A study on Mapping Core Competencies and development of Employees for Excellence with reference to HCL Technologies”,Journal Of Contemporary Research In Management. 7(2):11-23.
- Suguna , P. andTamilSelvi, T. 2013. “Competency Mapping-A Drive for Garment Firms in Tirupur District”,International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 3(5):157-163.
- Yuvaraj, R. 2011. “Competency Mapping”,International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 2 (4):53-72.
- Shruti Ahuja. 2012. “Competency Mapping at Managerial Level in Special Reference to Hotel Clerks Amer, Jaipur”, A Journal of Multidisciplinary Research. 1(3):422-437.
- Venkataraman, G. Ravi, R. and Radhakrishnan, R. 2016. “International Trend in Teacher Development”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics. 9(7):2591-2600.
- Vikram Singh, C. and Sandeep, S. 2013. “Competency Mapping Model for HR Professionals In India”, International Journal of Human Resource Management and Research (IJHRMR). 3 (1):113-118.
- Rao, VSP. 2006. Human Resource Management, Second Edition.
- Zulfiqar, M. 2015. “An Empirical Study Of Competency Mapping Of The Employees In The Tourism Sector In Jammu And Kashmir- An Executive Level Perspective”, Journal of Business Management & Social Sciences Research. 4 (2):172-185.
- Article View: 93
- PDF Download: 120