The Consequence Of Dividend Payout On Profitability: An Investigation Study On Pharmaceutical Industry In India
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 427-432
AbstractThe main aim of this study is to establish the relationship between dividend payout and firms profitability among the top Pharmaceutical Companies operating in India. Secondary data is used for carrying out the present study. Statistical techniques like correlation and multiple regression analysis were applied for analyzing the data. The major findings based on the results of Cipla showed a significant relationship between profitability and dividend payout and the remaining companies showed insignificant result. But in the statistical tool correlation analysis, majority of the Pharmaceutical Company taken for the study showed a strong positive correlation between dividend profitability and dividend payout. The major conclusion is inferred from this study that there is a relevancy in the dividend payout and firms profitability that improves the shareholders wealth.
- Sartono, A. (2001). Financial management theory and application. Yogyakarta: BPFE
- Sudarsi, Sri. (2002). Analysis of Factors Influencing the Dividend Payout Ratio in the Banking Industry are Listed on the Jakarta Stock Exchange. 9(1): 76-88
- Naceur, S. B., and Goaied, M. (2002). The relationship between dividend policy, financial structure, profitability and firm value. Applied Financial Economics, 12(12): 843–849
- Ismiyanti, F and Hanafi MM (2003). Managerial Ownership, Institutional Ownership, Risk, Debt Policy and Dividend Policy: Analysis of Simultaneous Equations. Accounting National Symposium, 6: 260-277.
- Gitman Lawrence J. (2003). Principles of Managerial Finance. (10th edition) Pearson International.
- Amidu, M (2007). How does Dividend Policy affect Performance of the firm on Ghana Stock Exchange? Investment Management and Financial Innovations, 4: 103-12
- Okpara, and Chigozie, G. (2010). A Diagnosis of the Determinant of Dividend Pay-Out Policy in Nigeria: A Factor Analytical Approach. American Journal of Scientific Research, 8: 57-67.
- Kohli H., Sharma A and Sood, A (2011). Asia 2050: Realizing the Asian Century. Emerging Markets Forum.
- Murekefu, Timothy Mahalang’ang’a and Peter Ouma, Ochuodho. (2012). The Relationship between Dividend Payout and Firm Performance: A Study of Listed Companies in Kenya. European Scientific Journal, 8(9): 199-215.
- Priya, K and Nimalathasan, B. (2013). Dividend Policy Ratios and Firm Performance: a case study of Selected Hotels & Restaurants in Sri Lanka. Global Journal of Commerce & Management Perspective, 2(6): 16-22.
- Georgiana Moscu, Raluca. (2014). Empirical Evidences Regarding Correlation between Dividend Policy and the Performance of Companies Listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 4(12): 445-450.
- Thafani, AR. Fathima and Abdullah, M.A. Mohamed. (2014). Impact of Dividend Payout on Corporate
- Dada F.B., Malomo E. and Ojediran S. (2015). Critical evaluation of the determinants of dividend policy Profitability: Evident from Colombo Stock Exchange. Advances in Economics and Business Management (AEBM), 1(1): 27 – 33 of banking sector in Nigeria. International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management, 3(2): 1-11.
- Kaźmierska-Jóźwiak, Bogna. (2015). Determinants of Dividend Policy: Evidence from Polish Listed Companies. Procedia Economics and Finance, 23: 473 – 477.
- Mensah Mawutor, John Kwaku and Kemebradikemor, Embele (2015). Analysis of the Relationship between Profitability and Dividend Policy of Banks on the Ghana Stock Exchange. International Journal of Empirical Finance. Research Academy of Social Sciences. 4(7): 407-417.
- Ahmad, Ishtiaq and Fahid Muqaddas, Muhammad. (2016). Determinants of Dividend Payout Policy: An Empirical Study of Banking Sector of Pakistan. Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce, 10(5): 101-106.
- Khadija Farrukh, Sadia Irshad, Maria Shams Khakwani, Sadia Ishaque and Nabeel Younus Ansari. 2017). Impact of dividend policy on shareholders wealth and firm performance in Pakistan. Cogent (Business & Management, 4: 1408208.
- Tamrin, Muhammad, Rahman Mus, H., Sudirman and Aryati Arfah (2017). Effect of profitability and dividend policy on corporate governance and firm value: Evidence from the Indonesian manufacturing Sectors. IOSR Journal of Business and Management, 19(10): 66-740
- Kawshala, Hirindu and Panditharathna, Kushani (2017). The Effect of Dividend Policy on Corporate Profitability: An Empirical Study on Beverage, Food and Tobacco Industry in Sri Lanka. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 7(8): 542-546.
- Manjunatha, K and Akash, S.B (2018). Dividend Policy and Financial Performance of Indian Cement Companies –An Empirical Study. Journal of Management, 5(6): 157-165
- Jahangir Chauhan, Mohd Shamim Ansari, Mohd Taqi and Mohd Ajmal (2019). Dividend Policy and Its Impact on Performance of Indian Information Technology Companies. International Journal of Finance and Accounting, 8(1): 36-42
- Adimasu. Niway Ayalew (2019). Dividend Policy and Firm’s Profitability: Evidence from Ethiopian Private Insurance Companies. Journal of Finance and Accounting, 7(4): 116-121.
- Article View: 139
- PDF Download: 190