An Exploratory Study On Motives And Use Of Electronic Resources By Graduate Students In Navi Mumbai
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 4823-4829
AbstractToday’s era is very well-known as the electronic era or technology era as technology is growing at a very fast pace and today’s invention is tomorrow's ancient like this situation we are observing. As many changes are happening daily in technology as well as in the information technology world. During COVID-19, we know the importance of online/electronic resources is like a very vital need in education, as it acts as a very important educational tool for acquiring knowledge. One can use online/e-resources as a technological tool which can be helpful in developing reading habits too. A variety of characters of e-resources are available online like e-journals, e-books, online archive’s such as DOAJ, Elsevier, J-Gate, ProQuest online databases, PDF Drives, MOOCs etc. are accessible online using electronic devices. Without wasting much time, money, everyone can take advantage of acquiring information worldwide. This paper explores the e-resource usage by graduate students considering demographic factors like age, gender and motives for e-resources usage. For this study data of 246 graduate students from various colleges from the Navi Mumbai region is collected and used for this study. The data analysis is done using descriptive statistics and chi square test. It is found that there is no significant difference between e-resource usage and gender. It is also found that there is an association between age and sources of getting e-resources.
- Madhusudhan, M. (2010). "Use of electronic resources by research scholars of Kurukshetra University.". The electronic library .
- Mendhe, R. M., & Dhandore, K. (2014). Knowledge and Use of E-Resources: Awareness of Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering Faculties and Scientist of India. Pearl: A Journal of Library and Information Science, 76-81.
- Mwantimwa, K., & Elia, E. (2017). Utilisation of e-resources to support teaching and research in higher learning institutions, Tanzania. University of Dar es Salaam Library Journal, , 98-123.
- Obasuyi, L. (July-Aug -2020). Relative Contribution of Demographic Characteristics on Utilization of. South Asian Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, ISSN 2664-4002, Volume-2 | Issue-4 | |.
- Prakashe, V. A. (2015). Study of e-resources of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Libraries in India. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 35(3).
- Quadri, G. (2013). Influence of demogr5aphic factors on use of online library resources by undergraduate students. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal)., 976.
- Sudhier, K. G. (2011). Use of E-resources by the Students and Researchers of Faculty of Arts, University of Kerala. International Journal of Information Dissemination and Technology, , 120-127.
- Usoro, I. M. (2018). Students Characteristic and Information Resources Utilization in the University of Uyo Library. Uyo Nigeria. International Journal of Library and Information Science Studies, 4(3),, 40-51.
- Article View: 62
- PDF Download: 60