Document Type : Research Article
Institute for Scientific Information on Social Sciences, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
The current state of the environment and the emerging economic trends, especially in the energy sector, have created serious preconditions for an accelerated energy transition. This requires extractive companies to restructure their business models by increasingly introducing criteria for assessing corporate social responsibility. However, this is hindered by the lack of uniform standards for their calculation, which can lead to manipulation in investment markets. This study is devoted to an urgent problem, i.e. the methodology development for increasing the efficiency of the indicators of corporate social responsibility based on the information modeling. The technology, traditionally used in technological industries, in construction, in particular, has not yet been considered as a comprehensive methodology for organizing investment processes and making investment decisions. In the study course, a hypothesis about the effectiveness of information modeling as a methodological and instrumental basis for assessing corporate social responsibility was put forward and tested. The author has developed their model for creating a unified information platform for making investment decisions in the fuel and energy complex.
- Sustainable Development
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- energy transition
- information modeling
- green investments
- fuel and energy industry
- Adeyemi, A., Martin, D., Kazim, R. (2014). Elimination of Waste and Inefficient Facilities in Existing Buildings for Sustainability in Developing Nations. International Journal of Architecture and Urban Development, 4(1), 5-16.
- Akinade, O. O., Oyedele, L. O., Ajayi, S. O., Bilal, M., Alaka, H. A., Owolabi, H. A., & Arawomo, O. O. (2018). Designing out construction waste using BIM technology: Stakeholders’ expectations for industry deployment. Journal of Cleaner Production, 180, 375–385. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.01.022
- Becerik-Gerber, B., Jazizadeh, F., Li, N., Calis, G. (2012). Application areas and data requirements for BIM-enabled facilities management. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 138(3), 431–442.
- Blazquez, J., Dale, S., Dunlop, J., Fattouh, B., Heffron, R., Hegland, J., et al. (2020). Decarbonization pathways for oil and gas. Forum. A Quarterly Journal for Debating Energy Issues and Polices, 121, 1–4.
- Blazquez, J., Dale, S., Jefferiss, P. (2020). The role of carbon prices in the energy transition. A Quarterly Journal for Debating Energy Issues and Polices, 121, 3–5.
- Bocchetto, F. P., Gaggero, M., Malleni, F., Manferlotti, P., Marongiu, L., Momoni, F., Sangiovanni, O. (2019). Building Information Modelling for a “linear” railway infrastructure: an experience of implementation in a complex organization such as the High Speed Rail System. Ingegneria Ferroviaria, 12, 991-1014.
- Bosché, F., Ahmed, M., Turkan, Y., Haas, C. T., & Haas, R. (2015). The value of integrating Scan-to-BIM and Scan-vs-BIM techniques for construction monitoring using laser scanning and BIM: The case of cylindrical MEP components. Automation in Construction, 49, 201–213. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2014.05.014
- Cheng, J. C. P., Ma, L. Y. H. (2013). A BIM-based system for demolition and renovation waste estimation and planning. Waste Management, 33, 1539-1551. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2013.01.001
- Chien, K.-F., Wu, Z.-H., Huang, S.-C. (2014). Identifying and assessing critical risk factors for BIM projects: empirical study. Automation in Construction, 45, 1–15. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2014.04.012
- Chong, H.-Y., Lee, C.-Y., Wang, X. (2017). A Mixed Review of the Adoption of Building Information Modelling (BIM) for Sustainability. Journal of Cleaner Production, 142(4), 4114-4126. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.09.222
- Ciribini, A. L. C., Bolpagni, M., Oliveri, E. (2015). An Innovative Approach to e-public Tendering Based on Model Checking. Procedia Economics and Finance, 21, 32-39. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S2212-5671(15)00147-1
- Costa, A. A., Grilo, A. (2015). BIM-Based E-Procurement: An Innovative Approach to Construction E-Procurement. The Scientific World Journal. doi: https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/905390
- Eastman, C., Teicholz, P., Sacks, R., Liston, K. (2018). BIM Handbook: A Guide to Building Information Modeling for Owners, Managers, Designers, Engineers and Contractors. 3nd Edition. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Eccles, R. G., Lee, L.-E., Stroehle, J. C. (2019). The Social Origins of ESG: An Analysis of Innovest and KLD. Organization & Environment, 1–22. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/1086026619888994
- Elmualim, A., Gilder, J. (2014). BIM: innovation in design management, influence and challenges of implementation. Architectural Engineering and Design Management, 10(3-4), 183-199. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/17452007.2013.821399
- Ghaffarianhoseini, A., Tookey, J., Ghaffarianhoseini, A., Naismith, N., Azhar, S., Efimova, O., Raahemifar, K. (2017). Building Information Modelling (BIM) uptake: Clear benefits, understanding its implementation, risks and challenges. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 75, 1046-1053. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2016.11.083
- Heralová, R. S. (2017). Life Cycle Costing as an Important Contribution to Feasibility Study in Construction Projects. Procedia Engineering, 196, 565–570.
- Hill, J. (2020). Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Investing: A Balanced Review of Theoretical Backgrounds and Practical Implications. Elsevier.
- Hromada, E. (2016). Life cycle costing from the investor’s and facility manager’s point of view. Central Europe towards Sustainable Building 2016. Innovations for Sustainable Future, 2, 1374-1380.
- Jabłonka, T., Ornat, M., Żółkiewski, S. (2018). Building Information Modelling recognition in ship’s machinery designing and construction. Scientific Journals of the Maritime University of Szczecin, 56(123), 23-29. doi: https://doi.org/10.17402/309
- Kang, T. W., Hong, C. H. (2015). A study on software architecture for effective BIM/GIS-based facility management data integration. Automation in Construction, 54, 25-38. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2015.03.019
- Kim, J. I., Koo, B. S., Suh, S. D., Suh, W. H. (2016). Integration of BIM and GIS for Formal Representation of Walkability for Safe Routes to School Programs. Journal of Civil Engineering, 20, 1669-1675. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-015-0791-4
- Kim, M. K., Cheng, J. C., Sohn, H., Chang, C. C. (2015). A framework for dimensional and surface quality assessment of precast concrete elements using BIM and 3D laser scanning. Automation in Construction, 49(B), 225-238. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2014.07.010
- Krouskos, S. (2020). How do you find clarity in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis? Global Capital Confidence Barometer EY. Recovered from https://www.ey.com/en_ru/ccb/how-do-you-find-clarity-in-the-midst-of-covid-19-crisis
- Lee, H. W., Oh, H., Kim, Y., Choi, K. (2015). Quantitative analysis of warnings in building information modeling (BIM). Automation in Construction, 51, 23-31. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2014.12.007
- Leins, S. (2018). Stories of Capitalism: Inside the Role of Financial Analysts. University of Chicago Press.
- Leins, S. (2020). ‘Responsible investment’: ESG and the post-crisis ethical order. Economy and Society, 49(1), 71–91. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/03085147.2020.1702414
- Makarov, A. A., Mitrova, T. A., Kulagin, В. А. (eds.). (2019). Forecast of energy development in the world and Russia 2019. INEI RAS, Moscow school of management SKOLKOVO.
- Matějka, P., Tomek, A. (2017). Ontology of BIM in a Construction Project Life Cycle. Procedia Engineering, 196, 1080-1087.
- Matejka, P., Vitasek, S. (2018). Comparison of different cost estimation methods with use of building information modelling (BIM). 17th International Scientific Conference Engineering for Rural Development, May 2018, pp. 843–849. doi: https://doi.org/10.22616/ERDev2018.17.N154
- Miettinen, R, Paavola, S. (2014). Beyond the BIM utopia: approaches to the development and implementation of building information modeling. Automation in Construction, 43, 84–91. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2014.03.009
- Mitrova, Т., Grushevenko, Е., Kapitov, С., Melnikov, U., Perdero, А., Dobroslavskiy, N. (2020). Coronacrisis: the impact of COVID-19 on the fuel and energy sector in the world and in Russia. Energy center of the Moscow school of management SKOLKOVO. 2020. Recovered from https://energy.skolkovo.ru/downloads/documents/SEneC/Research/SKOLKOVO_EneC_COVID19_and_Energy_sector_RU.pdf
- Niu, S., Pan, W., Zhao, Y. (2015). A BIM-GIS Integrated Web-based Visualization System for Low Energy Building Design. Procedia Engineering, 121, 2184-2192. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2015.09.091
- Pawson, R., Greenhalgh, T., Harvey, G., Walshe, K. (2005). Realist review – a new method of systematic review designed for complex policy interventions. Journal of Health Services Research & Policy, 10(1), 21–34. doi: https://doi.org/10.1258/1355819054308530
- REN21: Renewables Now. (2020). Renewables 2020 Global status report. Recovered from https://www.ren21.net/reports/global-status-report/
- Saldanha, A. G. (2019). Applications of building information modelling for planning and delivery of rapid transit. Municipal Engineer, 172(2), 122–132. doi: https://doi.org/10.1680/jmuen.16.00045
- Shen, X., Marks, E. (2016). Near-Miss Information Visualization Tool in BIM for Construction Safety. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 142(4). doi: https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CO.1943-7862.0001100
- McGraw Hill Construction. (2014). SmartMarket Report. The business value of BIM for construction in major global markets: how contractors around the world are driving innovation with Building Information Modeling. Recovered from https://www.icn-solutions.nl/pdf/bim_construction.pdf
- Ms. Nora Zilam Runera. (2014). Performance Analysis On Knowledge Management System on Project Management. International Journal of New Practices in Management and Engineering, 3(02), 08 - 13
- Solihin, W., Eastman, C. (2015). Classification of rules for automated BIM rule checking development. Automation in Construction, 53, 69-82. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2015.03.003
- von der Leyen. (2020, April 16). Speech by President von der Leyen at the European Parliament Plenary on the EU coordinated action to combat the coronavirus pandemic and its consequences. European Commission. Recovered from https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/speech_20_675
- CEPS. (2020, March 31). The European Green Deal after Corona: Implications for EU climate policy. Recovered from https://www.ceps.eu/ceps-publications/the-european-green-deal-after-corona/
- Turk, Ž., Klinc, R. (2017). Potentials of Blockchain Technology for Construction Management. Procedia Engineering, 196, 638-645. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2017.08.052
- IEA. (2018). World Energy Outlook 2018. Recovered from https://www.iea.org/reports/world-energy-outlook-2018/energy-efficiency
- IEA. (2019). World Energy Outlook 2019. Recovered from https://www.iea.org/reports/world-energy-outlook-2019/energy-efficiency