Hunger Eradication and Poverty Reduction in Vietnam: Achievements and Lessons Learned
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 4162-4167
AbstractOver the past three decades, poverty reduction has always been an area that has achieved many impressive successes in the economic development process of Vietnam. Along with high economic development, a series of policies on hunger eradication and poverty reduction has been implemented synchronously at all levels, provinces and cities nationwide with funding mobilized from the Government, communities and International social organizations have significantly improved the face of poverty in all regions of the country. Vietnam has become one of the leading countries in the Asia-Pacific region in applying multidimensional poverty measures to reduce poverty in all dimensions. The study focuses on analyzing the current situation of poverty reduction in Vietnam, thereby pointing out lessons learned to continue Vietnam’s poverty reduction strategy in the coming time.
- Communist Party of Vietnam. (1991). VIIth Document of the Party. Hanoi: National Politics.
- Communist Party of Vietnam. (2006). Xth Document of the Party. Hanoi: National Politics.
- Communist Party of Vietnam. (2011). XIth Document of the Party. Hanoi: National Politics.
- Communist Party of Vietnam. (2015). Draft Report on the construction of the Party and implementation of the Party Charter for the XIIth Congress term. Hanoi: National Politics.
- Communist Party of Vietnam. (2016). XIIth Document of the Party. Hanoi: National Politics.
- Communist Party of Vietnam. (2021). XIIIth Document of the Party. Hanoi: National Politics.
- Congress. (2016). Resolution No. 1211/2016/UBTVQH13 dated May 25, 2016, of the National Assembly Standing Committee “on standards of administrative units and classification of administrative units”.
- General Statistics Office. (2019) Population and Housing Census April 1, 2019. Hanoi: Statistics.
- Goverment. (2009). Direct support policies for people of poor households in disadvantaged areas according to Decision No. 102/2009/QD-TTg; policies to support for lighting oil for ethnic minorities, policy beneficiary households and poor households in areas where there is no electricity grid according to Decision No. 289/QD-TTg; production development support under Decision 2621/QD-TTg.
- Minh, H. C. (2011). Complete set, Volume 4. Hanoi: National Politics.
- Minh, H. C. (2011). Complete set, Volume 5. Hanoi: National Politics.
- Minh, H. C. (2011). Complete set, Volume 6. Hanoi: National Politics.
- Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union. (2012). Rules of the Union. Hanoi: National Politics.
- Ministry of Health. (2019). Report No. 685/BC-BYT dated June 26, 2019, preliminarily the implementation of Central Resolution V on a number of issues of social policy.
- Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs. (2019). Decision No. 1052 dated July 29, 2019, on “Announcing the results of reviewing poor households and near-poor households in 2018, the multidimensional poverty line applicable for the period 2016-2020.
- Nao, T. N., & Van, V. H. (2020). Developing the Contingent of Leaders in Vietnam’s system of Party Agencies: A case study of Mekong Delta provinces. IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science 25(4), pp. 24-31. DOI: 10.9790/0837-2504082431
- The Socialist Republic of Vietnam. (1991). Constitution. Hanoi: National Politics.
- The Socialist Republic of Vietnam. (2013). Constitution. Hanoi: National Politics.
- Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences. (2005). Vietnam Encyclopedia. Hanoi: Vietnam Encyclopedia.
- United Nation. (2015). The United Nations Sustainable Development Agenda for the next 15 years (2016 - 2030) approved by the 70th General Assembly of the United Nations (September 25, 2015).
- Article View: 110
- PDF Download: 85