Document Type : Research Article
1 STIE Pembangunan Tanjungpinang, Indonesia.
2 STIE Pembangunan Tanjungpinang, Indonesia
This study identifies scientific findings of the relationship between HR empowerment and technology skills to empower leadership skills in functional business areas. Scientists' advice shows a close relationship between HR governance and technological skills and the empowerment of leadership roles in the business world. For that, we reviewed dozens of international publications, and we specialized in around 50 preliminary formulation papers and problems and ten leading publications as important findings data. We chose data analysis utilizing the coding and in-depth interpretation for valid and reliable findings and answered the research questions. We are looking for data sources electronically on Google scholar, Publication ERIC, and Microsoft academic data sources from 2015 to 2021 so that the analyzed data is indeed updated. After reviewing the discussion, we can summarize the findings of published evidence stating that human resource management in the business world in the modern era requires technological power to work there truly compete because HR management is closely related to superior policies and practices businesses need. Thus this simple finding becomes an impactful input for researchers, university instructors, and another world of business practice.
- Aboramadan, M., Albashiti, B., Alharazin, H., & Dahleez, K.A. (2020). Human resources management practices and organizational commitment in higher education: The mediating role of work engagement. International Journal of Educational Management.
- Achsien, I.H., & Purnamasari, D.L. (2016). Islamic crowd-funding as the next financial innovation in Islamic finance: Potential and anticipated regulation in Indonesia. European Journal of Islamic Finance, 5.
- Achtenhagen, L., Melin, L., & Naldi, L. (2013). Dynamics of business models–strategizing, critical capabilities and activities for sustained value creation. Long Range Planning, 46(6), 427–442.
- Alagaraja, M., Cumberland, D.M., & Choi, N. (2015). The mediating role of leadership and people management practices on HRD and organizational performance. Human Resource Development International, 18(3), 220–234.
- Ala-Mutka, K. (2011). Mapping digital competence: Towards a conceptual understanding. Sevilla: Institute for Prospective Technological Studies, 7–60.
- Anagnostopoulos, C., Byers, T., & Kolyperas, D. (2017). Understanding strategic decision-making through a multi-paradigm perspective. Sport, Business and Management: An International Journal.
- Au-Yong-Oliveira, M., Gonçalves, R., Martins, J., & Branco, F. (2018). The social impact of technology on millennials and consequences for higher education and leadership. Telematics and Informatics, 35(4), 954–963.
- Benn, S., Edwards, M., & Williams, T. (2014). Organizational change for corporate sustainability. Routledge.
- Berrone, P., Cruz, C., & Gomez-Mejia, L.R. (2012). Socioemotional wealth in family firms: Theoretical dimensions, assessment approaches, and agenda for future research. Family Business Review, 25(3), 258–279.
- Bhatti, Y. (2013). Jugaad innovation: Think frugal, be flexible, generate breakthrough growth. South Asian Journal of Global Business Research.
- Biancone, P., & Mohamed Radwan Ahmed Salem, M. (2018). Social finance and unconventional financing alternatives: An overview.
- Block, P. (1991). The empowered manager. San Francisco: Josey-Bass.
- Block, P. (2016). The empowered manager: Positive political skills at work. John Wiley & Sons.
- Buller, P.F., & McEvoy, G.M. (2012). Strategy, human resource management and performance: Sharpening line of sight. Human Resource Management Review, 22(1), 43–56.
- Caligiuri, P., De Cieri, H., Minbaeva, D., Verbeke, A., & Zimmermann, A. (2020). International HRM insights for navigating the COVID-19 pandemic: Implications for future research and practice. Springer.
- Chan, S.C., & Mak, W. (2012). High performance human resource practices and organizational performance: The mediating role of occupational safety and health. Journal of Chinese Human Resources Management.
- Chelladurai, P., & Kerwin, S. (2018). Human resource management in sport and recreation. Human Kinetics.
- Chua, J.H., Chrisman, J.J., Steier, L.P., & Rau, S.B. (2012). Sources of heterogeneity in family firms: An introduction. SAGE Publications Sage CA: Los Angeles, CA.
- Clark, C. (2006). Book Review: The New Division of Labor: How Computers Are Creating the Next Job Market. Journal of Business and Technical Communication, 20(3), 371–374.
- Cooke, F.L., Cooper, B., Bartram, T., Wang, J., & Mei, H. (2019). Mapping the relationships between high-performance work systems, employee resilience and engagement: A study of the banking industry in China. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 30(8), 1239–1260.
- Darling-Hammond, L. (2015). The flat world and education: How America’s commitment to equity will determine our future. Teachers College Press.
- De Cenzo, D.A., & Robbins, S.P. (2007). Fundamentals of Human Resources Management, John Wiley & Sons. Inc,: United States of America.
- Dobers, P., & Halme, M. (2009). Corporate social responsibility and developing countries. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 16(5), 237–249.
- Duvie, A.N., & Nwokediuko, I.C. (2017). Direct Compensation Management As Correlate Of Teacher Task Performance. European Journal of Education Studies.
- Ferrari, A. (2013). DIGCOMP: A framework for developing and understanding digital competence in Europe. Publications Office of the European Union Luxembourg.
- Frank, A.G., Dalenogare, L.S., & Ayala, N.F. (2019). Industry 4.0 technologies: Implementation patterns in manufacturing companies. International Journal of Production Economics, 210, 15–26.
- Gao, L. (2010). Examining the Impact of Human Resource Development Practices on Performance Improvement through Continuous Improvement at an Automotive Supplier in North America.
- Haddock-Millar, J., Sanyal, C., & Müller-Camen, M. (2016). Green human resource management: A comparative qualitative case study of a United States multinational corporation. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 27(2), 192–211.
- Hershatter, A., & Epstein, M. (2010). Millennials and the world of work: An organization and management perspective. Journal of Business and Psychology, 25(2), 211–223.
- Hifza & Aslan. (2020). The Model of Competitive Advantage Development in Private Islamic Education Institutions dalam "BASA 2019: Proceedings of the Third International Seminar on Recent Language, Literature, and Local Culture Studies, BASA, 20-21 September 2019, Surakarta, Central Java, Indonesia. European Alliance for Innovation.
- Hoch, J.E., & Dulebohn, J.H. (2013). Shared leadership in enterprise resource planning and human resource management system implementation. Human Resource Management Review, 23(1), 114–125.
- Hoye, R., Smith, A.C., Nicholson, M., & Stewart, B. (2015). Sport management: Principles and applications. Routledge.
- Hughes, D.J., Lee, A., Tian, A.W., Newman, A., & Legood, A. (2018). Leadership, creativity, and innovation: A critical review and practical recommendations. The Leadership Quarterly, 29(5), 549–569.
- Hutagaluh, O., Aslan, Putra, P., Syakhrani, A.W., & Mulyono, S. (2020). Situational Leadership on Islamic Education. IJGIE : International Journal of Graduate of Islamic Education, 1(1), 1–7.
- Iles, P., & Zhang, C.L. (2013). International human resource management: A cross-cultural and comparative approach. Kogan Page Publishers.
- Ilomäki, L., Paavola, S., Lakkala, M., & Kantosalo, A. (2016). Digital competence–an emergent boundary concept for policy and educational research. Education and Information Technologies, 21(3), 655–679.
- Júnior, E.M., Gobbo, J.A., Fukunaga, F., Cerchione, R., & Centobelli, P. (2020). Use of knowledge management systems: Analysis of the strategies of Brazilian small and medium enterprises. Journal of Knowledge Management.
- Kandachar, P., & Halme, M. (2017). Sustainability challenges and solutions at the base of the pyramid: Business, technology and the poor. Routledge.
- Kitur, C.L. (2021). Compensation management, employee voice and quality service delivery in county referral hospitals in north rift region, Kenya [PhD Thesis]. Moi University.
- Kooij, D.T., Jansen, P.G., Dikkers, J.S., & De Lange, A.H. (2010). The influence of age on the associations between HR practices and both affective commitment and job satisfaction: A meta-analysis. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 31(8), 1111–1136.
- Kurland, H., Peretz, H., & Hertz-Lazarowitz, R. (2010). Leadership style and organizational learning: The mediate effect of school vision. Journal of Educational Administration.
- Levy, F., & Murnane, R.J. (2012). The new division of labor: How computers are creating the next job market. Princeton University Press.
- Lindgreen, A., & Swaen, V. (2010). Corporate social responsibility. Wiley Online Library.
- Lloyd-Walker, B., & Walker, D. (2015). Collaborative project procurement arrangements.
- Loshali, S., & Krishnan, V.R. (2013). Strategic human resource management and firm performance: Mediating role of transformational leadership. Journal of Strategic Human Resource Management, 2(1), 9.
- Malthouse, E.C., Haenlein, M., Skiera, B., Wege, E., & Zhang, M. (2013). Managing customer relationships in the social media era: Introducing the social CRM house. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 27(4), 270–280.
- Manafi, M., & Subramaniam, I.D. (2015). Relationship between human resources management practices, transformational leadership, and knowledge sharing on innovation in Iranian electronic industry. Asian Social Science, 11(10), 358.
- Masum, S., Liu, Y., & Chiverton, J. (2018). Multi-step time series forecasting of electric load using machine learning models. International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing, 148–159.
- Packianathan, C., & Kerwin, S. (2017). Human resource management in sport and recreation. Human Resource Management in Sport and Recreation., Ed. 3.
- Petronio, A., & Colacino, P. (2008). Motivation strategies for knowledge workers: Evidences and challenges. Journal of Technology Management & Innovation, 3(3), 21–32.
- Posthuma, R.A., Campion, M.C., Masimova, M., & Campion, M.A. (2013). A high performance work practices taxonomy: Integrating the literature and directing future research. Journal of Management, 39(5), 1184–1220.
- Power, N., & Alison, L. (2017). Redundant deliberation about negative consequences: Decision inertia in emergency responders. Psychology, Public Policy, and Law, 23(2), 243.
- Putra, P., Mizani, H., Basir, A., Muflihin, A., & Aslan, A. (2020). The Relevancy on Education Release Revolution 4.0 in Islamic Basic Education Perspective in Indonesia (An Analysis Study of Paulo Freire’s Thought). Test Engineering & Management, 83, 10256–10263.
- Rinartha, K., & Suryasa, W. (2017). Comparative study for better result on query suggestion of article searching with MySQL pattern matching and Jaccard similarity. In 2017 5th International Conference on Cyber and IT Service Management (CITSM) (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
- Rinartha, K., Suryasa, W., & Kartika, L.G.S. (2018). Comparative Analysis of String Similarity on Dynamic Query Suggestions. In 2018 Electrical Power, Electronics, Communications, Controls and Informatics Seminar (EECCIS), 399-404.
- Radjou, N., Prabhu, J., & Ahuja, S. (2012). Jugaad innovation: Think frugal, be flexible, generate breakthrough growth. John Wiley & Sons.
- Saratun, M. (2016). Performance management to enhance employee engagement for corporate sustainability. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Administration.
- Sarkis, J., Gonzalez-Torre, P., & Adenso-Diaz, B. (2010). Stakeholder pressure and the adoption of environmental practices: The mediating effect of training. Journal of Operations Management, 28(2), 163–176.
- Searls, D. (2012). The intention economy: When customers take charge. Harvard Business Press.
- Spaargaren, G. (2011). Theories of practices: Agency, technology, and culture: Exploring the relevance of practice theories for the governance of sustainable consumption practices in the new world-order. Global Environmental Change, 21(3), 813–822.
- Suhaili, N.A., & Palil, M.R. (2016). Crowdfunding: A collaborative waqf based internet platform. International Journal of Business, Economics and Law, 11(5), 2289–1552.
- Ulrich, D., & Dulebohn, J.H. (2015). Are we there yet? What’s next for HR? Human Resource Management Review, 25(2), 188–204.
- Walzel, S., Robertson, J., & Anagnostopoulos, C. (2018). Corporate social responsibility in professional team sports organizations: An integrative review. Journal of Sport Management, 32(6), 511–530.
- Wilton, N. (2016). An introduction to human resource management. Sage.
- Wirtz, B.W., Pistoia, A., Ullrich, S., & Göttel, V. (2016). Business models: Origin, development and future research perspectives. Long Range Planning, 49(1), 36–54.
- Widana, I.K., Sumetri, N.W., Sutapa, I.K., Suryasa W. (2020). Anthropometric measures for better cardiovascular and musculoskeletal health. Comput Appl Eng Educ, 1–12. https://doi.org/10.1002/cae.22202
- Wu, Z., & Pagell, M. (2011). Balancing priorities: Decision-making in sustainable supply chain management. Journal of Operations Management, 29(6), 577–590.
- Xu, L.D., Xu, E.L., & Li, L. (2018). Industry 4.0: State of the art and future trends. International Journal of Production Research, 56(8), 2941–2962.
- Zhong, R.Y., Xu, X., Klotz, E., & Newman, S.T. (2017). Intelligent manufacturing in the context of industry 4.0: A review. Engineering, 3(5), 616–630.