ICT and Bank Performance: Empirical Evidence from Vietnam
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 4149-4153
AbstractThe development of new information and communication technologies has led to a fundamental transformation of commercial banks currently and in the future. This article studies the impact of ICT on the performance of commercial banks. By using data from 20 Vietnamese commercial banks in the 2007-2019 period and the ICTIndex set of indicators for commercial banks, we see that readiness for IT development and application has had a significant impact on bank performance, among other factors such as the size of the bank, the ratio of equity to total assets and the ratio of deposits to loans.
- Agu, C., & Aguegboh, E. (2020). ICT and Bank Performance in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Dynamic Panel Analysis.
- Batten, J., & Vo, X.V. (2019). Determinants of bank profitability—Evidence from Vietnam. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 55(6), 1417-1428.
- Goddard, J., Molyneux, P., & Wilson, J.O. (2004). Dynamics of growth and profitability in banking. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 1069-1090.
- Huy, D.T.N. (2012). Estimating Beta of Viet Nam listed construction companies groups during the crisis. Journal of Integration and Development, 15(1), 57-71.
- Huy, D.T.N., Loan, B.T., & Anh, P.T. (2020). Impact of selected factors on stock price: a case study of Vietcombank in Vietnam. Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, 7(4), 2715-2730. https://doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2020.7.4(10)
- Huy, D.T.N., Dat, P.M., Và Anh, P.T. (2020). Building and econometric model of selected factors’ impact on stock price: a case study. Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues, 9, 77-93. https://doi.org/10.9770/jssi.2020.9.M(7)
- Huy D.T.N., Nhan V.K., Bich N.T.N., Hong N.T.P., Chung N.T., Huy P.Q. (2021). Impacts of Internal and External Macroeconomic Factors on Firm Stock Price in an Expansion Econometric model—A Case in Vietnam Real Estate Industry. Data Science for Financial Econometrics-Studies in Computational Intelligence, vol.898, Springer.
- Nouaili, M.A., Abaoub, E., & Ochi, A. (2015). The determinants of banking performance in front of financial changes: Case of trade banks in Tunisia. International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, 5(2), 410-417.
- Rahman, M.M., Hamid, M.K., & Khan, M.A.M. (2015). Determinants of bank profitability: Empirical evidence from Bangladesh. International journal of business and management, 10(8), 135-150.
- Saeed, M.M., Gull, A.A., & Rasheed, M.Y. (2013). Impact of capital structure on banking performance (A case study of Pakistan). Interdisciplinary journal of contemporary research in business, 4(10), 393-403.
- Samad, A. (2015). Determinants bank profitability: Empirical evidence from Bangladesh commercial banks. International journal of financial research, 6(3), 173-179.
- Sufian, F., Kamarudin, F., & Noor, N.H.H.M. (2012). Determinants of revenue efficiency in the Malaysian Islamic banking sector. Journal of King Abdulaziz University: Islamic Economics, 25(2).
- Vo, M.L. (2019). Factors affecting the performance of joint stock commercial banks. Finance.
- Wahidudin, A.N., Subramaniam, U., Kamaluddin, P., & Abd Mutalib, P. (2012). Determinents of profitability–a comparative analysis of islamic banks and conventional banks in ASEAN countries.
- Article View: 489
- PDF Download: 589