Empirical Study On Shopper’s Satisfaction And Retailers Service Quality In Muscat Governorate, Oman: Using Servqual Model
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 4115-4120
AbstractPeople of the Sultanate of Oman rely on retail hypermarkets to fulfill their basic needs including food products. To retain the customers’ loyalty and to retain the customers, it is important to satisfy the customers. The retail and hypermarkets focus on finding out and measuring the elements to offer the customers with good quality products and services. The objective of this study is to use the SERVQUAL model to understand the significance of various elements of customer satisfaction and how to accomplish the expected customer satisfaction by improving the services in Muscat. To achieve the objectives, the questionnaire was floated online and data was collected from the customers who visit the hypermarkets. The collected data was analyzed and the findings of the study show that the hypermarkets are delivering services of high quality which enabled the hypermarkets to keep customers as loyal with higher satisfaction. Regardless of this, the study found out that there is still room for progress in terms of improving the handling of customers by the employees to avoid the adverse effect on the hypermarkets’ revenue and operations.
- Alghamdi, F., 2014. The impacts of service quality perceptions on patient satisfaction in Government Hospitals in Southern Saudi Arabia. Saudi Medical Journal, 35(10).
- Ali Ramezani Ghotbabadi, Setareh Feiz, Dr. Rohaizat Baharun (2015). Faculty of Management, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Johor, Malaysia, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Volume 5, No. 2 ISSN: 2222-6990.
- Appiah-Adu, K., 1999. Marketing Effectiveness and Customer Retention in the Service Sector. The Service Industries Journal, 19(3), pp.26-41.
- Asubonteng, P. (1996). A critical review of service quality,Vol.10. The Journal of service marketing , 6,p.62-81.
- Brady, M. and Cronin, J., 2001. Some New Thoughts on Conceptualizing Perceived Service Quality: A Hierarchical Approach. Journal of Marketing, 65(3), pp.34-49.
- Buttle, F., 1996. SERVQUAL: review, critique, research agenda. European Journal of Marketing, 30(1), pp.8-32.
- Chingang Nde Daniel and Lukong Paul Berinyuy (2010). Using the SERVQUAL Model to assess Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction. An Empirical Study of grocery stores in Umea. Student Umeå School of Business Spring semester 2010 Master thesis, one-year, 15 hp
- Cronin, J. and Taylor, S., 1994. SERVPERF versus SERVQUAL: Reconciling Performance-Based and Perceptions-Minus-Expectations Measurement of Service Quality. Journal of Marketing, 58(1), p.125.
- Eshghi, A., Roy, S. K., & Ganguli, S. (2008). Service quality and customer satisfaction: An empirical investigation in Indian mobile Telecommunications services, Marketing Management Journal, Vol 18, Number 2, p. 119-144.
- Gaster, L. (1995). Quality in Public Services, Open University Press, Buckingham.
- Gronroos, C. (1988). Service Quality: The six criteria of good perceived service. Review of Business, 9(3), 10-13.
- Kotler, P., & Armstrong, G. (2007). Marketing: An Introduction (8 ed.): Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Ladhari, R. (2009). A review of twenty years of SERVQUL research,. International journal of quality and services science , Vol.1,Number 2.P.172-198.
- Mulder, P. (2018). SERVQUAL Model. Retrieved [22 June 2020] from ToolsHero: https://www.toolshero.com/quality-management/servqual-model/
- Muscat daily newspaper. https://muscatdaily.com/ Accessed on 10.8.2020
- Oliver, R., 1980. A Cognitive Model of the Antecedents and Consequences of Satisfaction Decisions. Journal of Marketing Research, 17(4), p.460.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., & Berry, L. L. (1985). A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 49, p.41-50.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. and Berry, L., 1988. SERVQUAL: A multiple-item scale for measuring consumer perceptions of service quality. Journal of Retailing, 64.
- R.C Mishra, Ankit Sandilya (2009). Reliability and Quality Management. New Age International Publishers.
- Shahin, Arash (2005). SERVQUAL and Model of Service Quality Gaps: A Framework for Determining and Prioritizing Critical Factors in Delivering Quality Services, Department of Management, University of Isfahan, Iran, p.1-10.
- William Pride and O.C. Ferrell (2014). Marketing. South-Western, Cengage Learning.
- Wilson, A., Zeithaml, V., Bitner, M. and Gremler, D., 2008. Services Marketing. McGraw Hill.
- Zeithaml, V., Bitner, M. and Gremler, D., 2009. Services Marketing. Mcgraw-Hill/Irwin.
- Zeithaml, V., Berry, L. and Parasuraman, A., 1996. The Behavioral Consequences of Service Quality. Journal of Marketing, 60(2), p.31.
- Article View: 191
- PDF Download: 113