Information Freedom - Legal Category of Formation of Basis of Civil Society
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 3660-3665
AbstractStrengthening of the noticeable influence of the information sphere on the life of a person, on the activities of the state and society has turned into one of the features of social development of the second half of the twentieth century and the beginning of the twenty-first century. This is determined, firstly, by the scientific and technological revolution in the field of computer technology and telecommunications, new achievements significantly increasing the effectiveness of activities related to information, and secondly, human rights and freedoms in the field of human information activities are noted as the main values of modern civilization.
The protection of human rights and freedoms in the sphere of human information activities, the improvement of the national information infrastructure and the provision of its stable activities occupy an important place in the system of public interests as an information element reflecting the interests of the development of the "information" national economy.
The recognition of truthfulness and fairness, clarity, openness, freedom of expression and information in the first place, depends on the extent to which freedom of expression and freedom of speech are provided in all the processes taking place in society and reforms.
Ensuring freedom of speech and information, openness, clarity of all reforms and processes implemented in most cases depends on how freely and democratically the press and other mass media cover the ongoing processes, since freedom of speech, freedom of media activity is a special sign of democracy.
The article analyzes the main approaches to ensuring freedom of information of the country, formulated the goal, tasks, functions, principles of ensuring freedom of information of the country. More specifically, we will dwell on the legal aspect of ensuring freedom of information.
- Muhammadiev A.U. Freedom of speech, freedom of the media is a hallmark of democracy // Actual issues of improvement of legal informatics and information security. Materials of scientific-practical conference - Tashkent, Tashkent State Institute of Law, 2011, pp.6-10.
- Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan - T .: Uzbekistan, 2018, p.76.
- International Declaration of Human Rights. The General Assembly of the United Nations from 10 December 1948.
- International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights of December 19, 1966.
- The European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms of 4 November 1950.
- Karimov I.A. The concept of further deepening democratic reforms and the formation of civil society in the country // Report of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov at a joint meeting of the Legislative Chamber and Senate of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan. - “Народное слово” on November 13, 2010.
- The Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On Informatization”- “Народное слово”, 02.11.2004, “Collection of Legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan”, №6, 2004, р.3.
- Russian Humanitarian Internet University Library of educational and scientific literature WWW.I-U.RU
- Karimov I.A. “Our main goal is democratization and renewal of society, reforming and modernizing the country” - The Uzbek people will never depend on anyone. T. 13 - T .: IPTD "Uzbekistan", 2005, p.262.
- The Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On Informatization”, “Народное слово”, N 32-33 (3124-3125), February 7, 2003, “Collection of Legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan”, № 3, 2003, p.4.
- The Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On Principles and Guarantees of Freedom of Information” “Народное слово”, N 32-33 (3124-3125), February 7, 2003, “Collection of Legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan”, № 3, 2003, p.6.
- Current international law. In 3 volumes. Compiled by Yu.M. Kolosov, E.S. Krivchikova Volume 2 - M .: Publishing House of the Moscow Independent Institute of International Law, 1997, p.10.
- 13.The Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On Principles and Guarantees of Freedom of Information" " Народное слово ", N 32 33 (3124-3125), February 7, 2003, "Collection of Legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan", 2003, № 3, p.3.
- 14. Karimov I. A. “Formation of democratic institutions and the foundations of civil society” - Man, his rights and freedoms - the highest value. Volume 14 - T .: IPTD "Uzbekistan", 2006. 224 p.
- Article View: 150
- PDF Download: 86