Document Type : Research Article
1 Department of Biochemistry, Saveetha Dental College and Hospitals, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Saveetha University, Chennai- 77.
2 Senior lecturer, Department of Biochemistry, Saveetha Dental College and Hospitals, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Saveetha University, Chennai- 77.
3 Senior Lecturer, Department of Physiology, Saveetha Dental College and Hospitals, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Saveetha University, Chennai- 77.
4 Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Saveetha Dental College and Hospitals, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Saveetha University, Chennai- 77.
5 Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Saveetha Dental College and Hospitals, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Saveetha University, Chennai- 77.
In recent years', about 3% of the middle-aged population suffers from daytime sleepiness and nighttime sleep interruptions, it may be due to upper airway sleep disorders (UASD). A UASD is the narrowing of the upper airway and results in disruptions of sleep, affects health and lifestyle, and less concentration in work. Most of the automobile and work accidents are due to sleeplessness. It can also cause critical medical conditions. Apnea is the complete cessation of breath and hypopnea is a reduction in the airflow. Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) affects 4% of males and 2% of females. In a normal person, airway space is free for air passage, and in a disordered person, the airway space is compromised which makes it difficult for passage of air. There are multifactorial factors that can cause UASD. They are the position of muscles, anatomical alterations. In supine, the muscles tensor veli palatini and genioglossus have decreased activity. Anatomical alterations such as posteriorly positioned maxilla and mandible, over erupted anterior teeth, large gonial angle, and long tongue may reduce the upper airway space. There are various treatments for UASD. Dental treatment options such as tongue retaining device (TRD) and a mandibular advancement device. This study reviewed the dental treatment involved in the treatment of UASD, surgical methods involved, and also the failure of dental treatment. Many snoring and OSA patients were successfully treated using dental devices. UASD is treated successfully using oral devices. Dental treatments are successful to treat mild to moderate OSA.
- Adachi, S. et al. (1993) ‘Genioglossus muscle activity and inspiratory timing in obstructive sleep apnea’, American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics: official publication of the American Association of Orthodontists, its constituent societies, and the American Board of Orthodontics, 104(2), pp. 138–145. doi: 10.1016/S0889-5406(05)81003-0.
- Barsh, L. I. (1996) ‘Responsibilities of the dental profession in recognizing and treating sleep breathing disorders’, The Compendium of continuing education in dentistry, 17(5), pp. 490–4, 496 passim; quiz 502. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9051946.
- Bear, S. E. and Priest, J. H. (1980) ‘Sleep apnea syndrome: correction with surgical advancement of the mandible’, Journal of oral surgery , 38(7), pp. 543–549. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6929910.
- Boudewyns, A. N. and Van de Heyning, P. H. (1995) ‘Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome in children: an overview’, Acta oto-rhino-laryngologica Belgica, 49(3), pp. 275–279. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7484147.
- Cartwright, R. D. and Samelson, C. F. (1982) ‘The effects of a nonsurgical treatment for obstructive sleep apnea. The tongue-retaining device’, JAMA: the journal of the American Medical Association, 248(6), pp. 705–709. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7097922.
- Chaudhary, B. A. and Smith, J. K. (1991) ‘Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome’, Journal of the Medical Association of Georgia, 80(10), pp. 541–545. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1819259.
- Chen, F. et al. (2019) ‘6-shogaol, a active constiuents of ginger prevents UVB radiation mediated inflammation and oxidative stress through modulating NrF2 signaling in human epidermal keratinocytes (HaCaT cells)’, Journal of photochemistry and photobiology. B, Biology, 197, p. 111518. doi: 10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2019.111518.
- Clark, G. T. and Nakano, M. (1989) ‘Dental appliances for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea’, The Journal of the American Dental Association, pp. 611–619. doi: 10.14219/jada.archive.1989.0086.
- Deogade, S., Gupta, P. and Ariga, P. (2018) ‘Effect of monopoly-coating agent on the surface roughness of a tissue conditioner subjected to cleansing and disinfection: A Contact Profilometric In vitro study’, Contemporary Clinical Dentistry, p. 122. doi: 10.4103/ccd.ccd_112_18.
- Deutsch, E. S. (1996) ‘Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. Changing indications’, Pediatric clinics of North America, 43(6), pp. 1319–1338. doi: 10.1016/s0031-3955(05)70521-6.
- Dua, K. et al. (2019) ‘The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress’, Drug development research, 80(6), pp. 714–730. doi: 10.1002/ddr.21571.
- Duraisamy, R. et al. (2019) ‘Compatibility of Nonoriginal Abutments With Implants: Evaluation of Microgap at the Implant-Abutment Interface, With Original and Nonoriginal Abutments’, Implant dentistry, 28(3), pp. 289–295. doi: 10.1097/ID.0000000000000885.
- Ezhilarasan, D. (2018) ‘Oxidative stress is bane in chronic liver diseases: Clinical and experimental perspective’, Arab journal of gastroenterology: the official publication of the Pan-Arab Association of Gastroenterology, 19(2), pp. 56–64. doi: 10.1016/j.ajg.2018.03.002.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V. S. and Ashok Vardhan, N. (2019) ‘Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells’, Journal of oral pathology & medicine: official publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and the American Academy of Oral Pathology, 48(2), pp. 115–121. doi: 10.1111/jop.12806.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Sokal, E. and Najimi, M. (2018) ‘Hepatic fibrosis: It is time to go with hepatic stellate cell-specific therapeutic targets’, Hepatobiliary & pancreatic diseases international: HBPD INT, 17(3), pp. 192–197. doi: 10.1016/j.hbpd.2018.04.003.
- Ferguson, K. A. et al. (1996) ‘A randomized crossover study of an oral appliance vs nasal-continuous positive airway pressure in the treatment of mild-moderate obstructive sleep apnea’, Chest, 109(5), pp. 1269–1275. doi: 10.1378/chest.109.5.1269.
- Findley, L. J., Unverzagt, M. E. and Suratt, P. M. (1988) ‘Automobile accidents involving patients with obstructive sleep apnea’, The American review of respiratory disease, 138(2), pp. 337–340. doi: 10.1164/ajrccm/138.2.337.
- Fletcher, E. C. (1995) ‘The relationship between systemic hypertension and obstructive sleep apnea: facts and theory’, The American journal of medicine, 98(2), pp. 118–128. doi: 10.1016/S0002-9343(99)80395-7.
- Gan, H. et al. (2019) ‘Zingerone induced caspase-dependent apoptosis in MCF-7 cells and prevents 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene-induced mammary carcinogenesis in experimental rats’, Journal of biochemical and molecular toxicology, 33(10), p. e22387. doi: 10.1002/jbt.22387.
- Gheena, S. and Ezhilarasan, D. (2019) ‘Syringic acid triggers reactive oxygen species-mediated cytotoxicity in HepG2 cells’, Human & experimental toxicology, 38(6), pp. 694–702. doi: 10.1177/0960327119839173.
- Gomathi, A. C. et al. (2020) ‘Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line’, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, p. 101376. doi: 10.1016/j.jddst.2019.101376.
- G, R. et al. (2018) ‘CYTOTOXICITY OF STRAWBERRY EXTRACT ON ORAL CANCER CELL LINE’, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, p. 353. doi: 10.22159/ajpcr.2018.v11i9.25955.
- Guilleminault, C. et al. (1993) ‘A cause of excessive daytime sleepiness. The upper airway resistance syndrome’, Chest, 104(3), pp. 781–787. doi: 10.1378/chest.104.3.781.
- Ivanhoe, J. R. et al. (1999) ‘Dental considerations in upper airway sleep disorders: A review of the literature’, The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, pp. 685–698. doi: 10.1016/s0022-3913(99)70010-7.
- Jeevanandan, G. and Govindaraju, L. (2018) ‘Clinical comparison of Kedo-S paediatric rotary files vs manual instrumentation for root canal preparation in primary molars: a double blinded randomised clinical trial’, European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry, pp. 273–278. doi: 10.1007/s40368-018-0356-6.
- J, P. C. et al. (2018) ‘Prevalence and measurement of anterior loop of the mandibular canal using CBCT: A cross sectional study’, Clinical implant dentistry and related research, 20(4), pp. 531–534. doi: 10.1111/cid.12609.
- Ke, Y. et al. (2019) ‘Photosynthesized gold nanoparticles from Catharanthus roseus induces caspase-mediated apoptosis in cervical cancer cells (HeLa)’, Artificial cells, nanomedicine, and biotechnology , 47(1), pp. 1938–1946. doi: 10.1080/21691401.2019.1614017.
- Lee, W. C., Skinner, D. W. and Prichard, A. J. N. (1997) ‘Complications of palatoplasty for snoring or sleep apnoea’, The Journal of Laryngology & Otology, pp. 1151–1154. doi: 10.1017/s002221510013957x.
- Li, Z. et al. (2020) ‘Apoptotic induction and anti-metastatic activity of eugenol encapsulated chitosan nanopolymer on rat glioma C6 cells via alleviating the MMP signaling pathway’, Journal of photochemistry and photobiology. B, Biology, 203, p. 111773. doi: 10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2019.111773.
- Lowe, A. A. et al. (1986) ‘Facial morphology and obstructive sleep apnea’, American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics: official publication of the American Association of Orthodontists, its constituent societies, and the American Board of Orthodontics, 90(6), pp. 484–491. doi: 10.1016/0889-5406(86)90108-3.
- Lowe, A. A. et al. (1995) ‘Cephalometric and computed tomographic predictors of obstructive sleep apnea severity’, American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics: official publication of the American Association of Orthodontists, its constituent societies, and the American Board of Orthodontics, 107(6), pp. 589–595. doi: 10.1016/s0889-5406(95)70101-x.
- Malli Sureshbabu, N. et al. (2019) ‘Concentrated Growth Factors as an Ingenious Biomaterial in Regeneration of Bony Defects after Periapical Surgery: A Report of Two Cases’, Case reports in dentistry, 2019, p. 7046203. doi: 10.1155/2019/7046203.
- Man, G. C. (1996) ‘Obstructive sleep apnea. Diagnosis and treatment’, The Medical clinics of North America, 80(4), pp. 803–820. doi: 10.1016/s0025-7125(05)70468-5.
- Masumi, S. et al. (1996) ‘Effect of jaw position and posture on forced inspiratory airflow in normal subjects and patients with obstructive sleep apnea’, Chest, 109(6), pp. 1484–1489. doi: 10.1378/chest.109.6.1484.
- Mathew, M. G. et al. (2020) ‘Evaluation of adhesion of Streptococcus mutans, plaque accumulation on zirconia and stainless steel crowns, and surrounding gingival inflammation in primary …’, Clinical oral investigations. Available at: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00784-020-03204-9.
- Ma, Y. et al. (2019) ‘Sesame Inhibits Cell Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis through Inhibition of STAT-3 Translocation in Thyroid Cancer Cell Lines (FTC-133)’, Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, pp. 646–652. doi: 10.1007/s12257-019-0151-1.
- Mehta, M. et al. (2019) ‘Oligonucleotide therapy: An emerging focus area for drug delivery in chronic inflammatory respiratory diseases’, Chemico-biological interactions, 308, pp. 206–215. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2019.05.028.
- Menon, A., V, V. P. and Gayathri, R. (2016) ‘PRELIMINARY PHYTOCHEMICAL ANALYSIS AND CYTOTOXICITY POTENTIAL OF PINEAPPLE EXTRACT ON ORAL CANCER CELL LINES’, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, p. 140. doi: 10.22159/ajpcr.2016.v9s2.13313.
- Menon, S. et al. (2018) ‘Selenium nanoparticles: A potent chemotherapeutic agent and an elucidation of its mechanism’, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, pp. 280–292. doi: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2018.06.006.
- Mezzanotte, W. S., Tangel, D. J. and White, D. P. (1992) ‘Waking genioglossal electromyogram in sleep apnea patients versus normal controls (a neuromuscular compensatory mechanism)’, The Journal of clinical investigation, 89(5), pp. 1571–1579. doi: 10.1172/JCI115751.
- Mohan, S. K., Veeraraghavan, V. P. and Jainu, M. (2015) ‘Effect of pioglitazone, quercetin and hydroxy citric acid on extracellular matrix components in experimentally induced non-alcoholic steatohepatitis’, Iranian journal of basic medical sciences, 18(8), pp. 832–836. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26557974.
- Noureddine, S. N. (1996) ‘Sleep apnea: A challenge in critical care’, Heart & Lung, pp. 37–42. doi: 10.1016/s0147-9563(96)80010-0.
- Pae, E. K. et al. (1994) ‘A cephalometric and electromyographic study of upper airway structures in the upright and supine positions’, American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics: official publication of the American Association of Orthodontists, its constituent societies, and the American Board of Orthodontics, 106(1), pp. 52–59. doi: 10.1016/S0889-5406(94)70021-4.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G. and Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019) ‘Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial’, European archives of paediatric dentistry: official journal of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry, 20(5), pp. 467–472. doi: 10.1007/s40368-019-00429-5.
- Pc, J., Marimuthu, T. and Devadoss, P. (2018) ‘Prevalence and measurement of anterior loop of the mandibular canal using CBCT: A cross sectional study’, Clinical implant dentistry and related research. Available at: https://europepmc.org/article/med/29624863.
- Ponnulakshmi, R. et al. (2019) ‘In silico and in vivo analysis to identify the antidiabetic activity of beta sitosterol in adipose tissue of high fat diet and sucrose induced type-2 diabetic experimental rats’, Toxicology mechanisms and methods, 29(4), pp. 276–290. doi: 10.1080/15376516.2018.1545815.
- Prabakar, J. et al. (2018) ‘Comparative Evaluation of Retention, Cariostatic Effect and Discoloration of Conventional and Hydrophilic Sealants - A Single Blinded Randomized Split Mouth Clinical Trial’, Contemporary clinical dentistry, 9(Suppl 2), pp. S233–S239. doi: 10.4103/ccd.ccd_132_18.
- ‘Practice parameters for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea in adults: the efficacy of surgical modifications of the upper airway. Report of the American Sleep Disorders Association’ (1996) Sleep, 19(2), pp. 152–155. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8855038.
- Priya, V. V., Jainu, M. and Mohan, S. K. (2018) ‘Biochemical Evidence for the Antitumor Potential of Linn. On Diethylnitrosamine-Induced Hepatic Carcinoma’, Pharmacognosy magazine, 14(54), pp. 186–190. doi: 10.4103/pm.pm_213_17.
- Rajendran, R. et al. (2019) ‘Comparative Evaluation of Remineralizing Potential of a Paste Containing Bioactive Glass and a Topical Cream Containing Casein Phosphopeptide-Amorphous Calcium Phosphate: An in Vitro Study’, Pesquisa Brasileira em Odontopediatria e Clínica Integrada, pp. 1–10. doi: 10.4034/pboci.2019.191.61.
- Rajeshkumar, S. et al. (2018) ‘Biosynthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles usingMangifera indica leaves and evaluation of their antioxidant and cytotoxic properties in lung cancer (A549) cells’, Enzyme and microbial technology, 117, pp. 91–95. doi: 10.1016/j.enzmictec.2018.06.009.
- Rajeshkumar, S. et al. (2019) ‘Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract’, Journal of photochemistry and photobiology. B, Biology, 197, p. 111531. doi: 10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2019.111531.
- Ramadurai, N. et al. (2019) ‘Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial’, Clinical oral investigations, 23(9), pp. 3543–3550. doi: 10.1007/s00784-018-2775-5.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R. and Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019) ‘Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review’, The Saudi dental journal, 31(2), pp. 165–172. doi: 10.1016/j.sdentj.2019.02.037.
- Ramesh, A. et al. (2018) ‘Comparative estimation of sulfiredoxin levels between chronic periodontitis and healthy patients - A case-control study’, Journal of periodontology, 89(10), pp. 1241–1248. doi: 10.1002/JPER.17-0445.
- Rengasamy, G. et al. (2018) ‘Cytotoxic and apoptotic potential of Myristica fragrans Houtt. (mace) extract on human oral epidermal carcinoma KB cell lines’, Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. doi: 10.1590/s2175-97902018000318028.
- Rengasamy, G., Jebaraj, D.M., Veeraraghavan, V.P., Mohan, S.K. (2016) ‘Characterization, partial purification of alkaline protease from intestinal waste of scomberomorus guttatus and production of laundry detergent with alkaline protease additive’, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. doi: 10.5530/ijper.50.2.19.
- Riley, R. W. et al. (1986) ‘Maxillary, mandibular, and hyoid advancement: an alternative to tracheostomy in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome’, Otolaryngology--head and neck surgery: official journal of American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 94(5), pp. 584–588. doi: 10.1177/019459988609400509.
- Riley, R. W., Powell, N. B. and Guilleminault, C. (1990) ‘Maxillofacial surgery and nasal CPAP. A comparison of treatment for obstructive sleep apnea syndrome’, Chest, 98(6), pp. 1421–1425. doi: 10.1378/chest.98.6.1421.
- Robin, P. (1934) ‘GLOSSOPTOSIS DUE TO ATRESIA AND HYPOTROPHY OF THE MANDIBLE’, Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, p. 541. doi: 10.1001/archpedi.1934.01960160063005.
- Rosen, C. L., D’Andrea, L. and Haddad, G. G. (1992) ‘Adult criteria for obstructive sleep apnea do not identify children with serious obstruction’, The American review of respiratory disease, 146(5 Pt 1), pp. 1231–1234. doi: 10.1164/ajrccm/146.5_Pt_1.1231.
- Ryan, C. F. et al. (1991) ‘Three-dimensional upper airway computed tomography in obstructive sleep apnea. A prospective study in patients treated by uvulopalatopharyngoplasty’, The American review of respiratory disease, 144(2), pp. 428–432. doi: 10.1164/ajrccm/144.2.428.
- Ryan, C. F. et al. (1999) ‘Mandibular advancement oral appliance therapy for obstructive sleep apnoea: effect on awake calibre of the velopharynx’, Thorax, pp. 972–977. doi: 10.1136/thx.54.11.972.
- Samuel, S. R., Acharya, S. and Rao, J. C. (2020) ‘School Interventions-based Prevention of Early-Childhood Caries among 3-5-year-old children from very low socioeconomic status: Two-year randomized trial’, Journal of public health dentistry, 80(1), pp. 51–60. doi: 10.1111/jphd.12348.
- Schmidt-Nowara, W. et al. (1995) ‘Oral appliances for the treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea: a review’, Sleep, 18(6), pp. 501–510. doi: 10.1093/sleep/18.6.501.
- Schwab, R. J. (1996) ‘Properties of tissues surrounding the upper airway’, Sleep, 19(10 Suppl), pp. S170–4. doi: 10.1093/sleep/19.suppl_10.170.
- Sériès, F. (1996) ‘Evaluation of treatment efficacy in sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome’, Sleep, 19(9 Suppl), pp. S71–6. doi: 10.1093/sleep/19.suppl_9.s71.
- Sériès, F., St. Pierre, S. and Carrier, G. (1992) ‘Effects of Surgical Correction of Nasal Obstruction in the Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea’, American Review of Respiratory Disease, pp. 1261–1265. doi: 10.1164/ajrccm/146.5_pt_1.1261.
- Sharma, P. et al. (2019) ‘Emerging trends in the novel drug delivery approaches for the treatment of lung cancer’, Chemico-biological interactions, 309, p. 108720. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2019.06.033.
- Shukri, N. M. M. et al. (2016) ‘Awareness in childhood obesity’, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, p. 1658. doi: 10.5958/0974-360x.2016.00334.6.
- Sridharan, G. et al. (2019) ‘Evaluation of salivary metabolomics in oral leukoplakia and oral squamous cell carcinoma’, Journal of oral pathology & medicine: official publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and the American Academy of Oral Pathology, 48(4), pp. 299–306. doi: 10.1111/jop.12835.
- Stadler, D. L. et al. (2010) ‘Changes in lung volume and diaphragm muscle activity at sleep onset in obese obstructive sleep apnea patients vs. healthy-weight controls’, Journal of Applied Physiology, pp. 1027–1036. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.01397.2009.
- SURAPANENI KRISHNA MOHAN, VISHNU PRIYA VERRARAGHAVAN, MALLIKA JAINU (2015) ‘EFFECT OF PIOGLITAZONE, QUERCETIN ANF HYDROXY CITRIC ACID ON EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX COMPONENTS IN EXPERIMWNTLLY INDUCED NON ALCOHOLIC STEATOHEPATITIS’, Iranian journal of basic medical sciences, 18(8), pp. 832–836.
- ‘The International Classification of Sleep Disorders. By the American Sleep Disorders Association. (Pp. 396; 59.95 hb, 49.95 pb.) American Sleep Disorders Association: Rochester, MN. 1990’ (1991) Psychological Medicine, pp. 1079–1079. doi: 10.1017/s0033291700030117.
- Varghese, S. S., Ramesh, A. and Veeraiyan, D. N. (2019) ‘Blended Module-Based Teaching in Biostatistics and Research Methodology: A Retrospective Study with Postgraduate Dental Students’, Journal of dental education, 83(4), pp. 445–450. doi: 10.21815/JDE.019.054.
- Vijayashree Priyadharsini, J. (2019) ‘In silico validation of the non-antibiotic drugs acetaminophen and ibuprofen as antibacterial agents against red complex pathogens’, Journal of periodontology, 90(12), pp. 1441–1448. doi: 10.1002/JPER.18-0673.
- Vishnu Prasad, S. et al. (2018) ‘Report on oral health status and treatment needs of 5-15 years old children with sensory deficits in Chennai, India’, Special care in dentistry: official publication of the American Association of Hospital Dentists, the Academy of Dentistry for the Handicapped, and the American Society for Geriatric Dentistry, 38(1), pp. 58–59. doi: 10.1111/scd.12267.
- Wahab, P. U. A. et al. (2018) ‘Scalpel Versus Diathermy in Wound Healing After Mucosal Incisions: A Split-Mouth Study’, Journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery: official journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 76(6), pp. 1160–1164. doi: 10.1016/j.joms.2017.12.020.
- Waldhorn, R. E. (1985) ‘Sleep apnea syndrome’, American family physician, 32(3), pp. 149–166. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3898792.
- Wang, Y. et al. (2019) ‘Synthesis of Zinc oxide nanoparticles from Marsdenia tenacissima inhibits the cell proliferation and induces apoptosis in laryngeal cancer cells (Hep-2)’, Journal of photochemistry and photobiology. B, Biology, 201, p. 111624. doi: 10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2019.111624.
- Wu, F. et al. (2019) ‘Biologically synthesized green gold nanoparticles from Siberian ginseng induce growth-inhibitory effect on melanoma cells (B16)’, Artificial Cells, Nanomedicine, and Biotechnology, pp. 3297–3305. doi: 10.1080/21691401.2019.1647224.
- Young, T. et al. (1993) ‘The occurrence of sleep-disordered breathing among middle-aged adults’, The New England journal of medicine, 328(17), pp. 1230–1235. doi: 10.1056/NEJM199304293281704